Shout out to Paradox Brewery, Schroon Lake NY.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MikeG304, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeG304

MikeG304 Initiate (92) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Hello All,
    Just wanted to give a Beer Advocate shout out to the guys at the new Paradox Brewery in Schroon Lake NY. Check out their site at:
    http://www.paradoxbrewery.com/index.html

I have no financial interest in the operation. I am just friends with a couple of the partners. They have a pretty good lineup so far for a small operation, and so far I have enjoyed everything I have had, most of all the Black Fly Porter, which I had for the first time last week.
    Their beer is already being served in a number of local restaurants and bars. They have also had a steady spot in the growler fill lineup at Minogue's Beverage in Queensbury, NY.

2. RC51Mike

RC51Mike Initiate (155) Dec 17, 2004 South Carolina

Thanks. Another reason, as if I need one, to go to the Adirondacks. Good luck to them and hope to get up there soon. I've been to Lisa G's in L.P. a couple times and that would be a good stop to try them out.

3. C20Percent

C20Percent Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 Virginia

Isn't there already a Paradox Brewery in Colorado?

4. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,728) Dec 1, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Yes there is also a Paradox Brewery in CO.

The Adirondack crew are very nice people. Somewhat basic and conservative line-up so far but their porter is outstanding stuff. Growler easily crushed recently.

5. ClarkHimself

ClarkHimself Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

I was in SL for a long weekend at the end of October, and happened to be staying pretty close to Paradox. I stopped by with my special lady friend, and, with all the brewers attending an Oktoberfest event a bit south of town, spoke to one of the brewer's wives for a good hour. She was as nice as could be.

They recently ran out of their etched growlers (like pictured in MikeG's avatar) and had only growlers with stickers on them. When I said I'd make a return trip and pick up an etched growler when in stock, she made it a point to search through the whole building to find me one. Rockin'!

Also, she emphasized to anyone who entered the tasting room that samplers were completely free and purchases not required. Very cool, even though (of course) everyone was getting growler fills. I'll definitely make a return trip to the brewery in the spring.

6. MikeG304

MikeG304 Initiate (92) Sep 3, 2013 New York

W
    Was that Jen that you talked to? She is aces! I work with her and Dave(the other brewer). they are good people and very humble. I asked Dave if it was ok I was using a pic of their growler as my avatar, and he was thrilled. Hopefully filling my growler again tomorrow night.

7. Mrocka

Mrocka Initiate (59) Sep 10, 2013 New York
    Industry

Thanks Folks! The Brewery in CO. Paradox Brewing Company. We are Paradox Brewery. Funny thing we started around the same time but they open first.
    Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.