Shower Beers. What's your favorite?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by CraigTravor, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaxilla2

Zaxilla2 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Illinois

When I first moved out of my parent's house back in '99 my go to shower beers were Leinies and Rolling Rock. Haven't had a shower beer in a while, as I mostly shower in the morning these days. Daisy Cutter sounds like a good 'un...

2. IroquoisPlisken

IroquoisPlisken Initiate (92) May 21, 2013 Ohio

All Day IPA in a can.

cervezango likes this.
  3. Gobearswalter34

Gobearswalter34 Meyvn (1,156) Aug 1, 2014 Illinois

Did it always in college, nothin but Keystone light. It was mandatory for all floor mates to have a beer when shit, shower and shave Fridays before 25 cent beer nights. I still do it, but have the ability to drink good stuff. I caught myself doing it much during octoberfest in my Junior das boot. Very enjoyable!

4. Gobearswalter34

5. Gobearswalter34

How about a hot Carl?

6. Gobearswalter34

There are many interesting things one would enjoy more in the shower.

wesbray and MetalMistress like this.
  7. Gobearswalter34

All the time.

DougC123 likes this.
  8. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (533) Mar 28, 2009 California

I like a good can beer. Top two are ponto ipa and blazing world.

9. JLaw55

JLaw55 Meyvn (1,044) Jul 10, 2014 Missouri

This may be the most literal form, I have ever seen, of experiencing a beer. Is this what they intended when crafting it?!?! :grimacing: lol

10. mbeerdino21

mbeerdino21 Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2013 New Jersey

I'm kinda partial to Modus while I bathe...only because its listed on the instructions on the can...
    [​IMG]
    I like to follow directions.

Moose90 likes this.
  11. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,377) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Shower beers are a requirement after hockey, golf, hunting, yard work, etc... Anything cold and in a can always hits the spot!

rather likes this.
  12. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

I take showers in flowing beer, so it's only natural that I drink it.

HorseheadsHophead likes this.
  13. arrowslinger73

arrowslinger73 Initiate (0) Sep 27, 2014 Georgia

Humboldt ipa.. it takes skill in a glass though..

14. rgordon

rgordon Champion (825) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Something very clean, filtered and fined, with no secondary fermentation; nothing sour or dank, with barnyard, horse saddle, cat piss, or other funkiness. Keep it squeaky, sir.

15. sajaffe1

sajaffe1 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2013 Utah

Haven't done it before, but I remember finding Corona bottles in the community shower in college.

16. rgordon

rgordon Champion (825) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Evil Twin Sour Bikini.

17. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California

First thought that comes to mind is frat boy or alcoholic. But hey! I could be wrong...

18. dd43

dd43 Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2014 Connecticut

There seems to be two schools of thought on the shower beer. There are those who consider it controversial, unnecessary, and/or sophomoric. Then there are the enlightened among us who consider the venerated shower beer a true privilege, something to be savored and properly appreciated. That said, I'm not one to shy away from a crispy and clean Pilsner in the shower. I enjoy the dichotomy between a cleansing hot shower and a cold, effervescent lager beer. For safety purposes, I recommended choosing a canned beverage. And please, enjoy responsibly.

LambicPentameter likes this.
  19. ezerpdog

ezerpdog Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2014 Michigan

I think we can all agree that someone needs to brew a beer and call it "shower beer"

20. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (2,646) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

I like to shower with The Farmers Daughter!
    [​IMG]

21. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (311) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

Good for us!

22. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 California

This thread has really opened my eyes. I have never drank a beer in the shower and have never even considered it. I don't think I will partake in the activity but just the fact so many of you seem in favor of this idea makes me laugh. Good times for all.

23. dvmin98

dvmin98 Site Editor (2,609) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Premium

Nelson Showers from Noble is one of the best DIPAs you will ever find

24. imamutant

imamutant Initiate (52) Apr 6, 2014 Texas

I had Stone Winter Harvest in the shower for NYE. I've had others before, but can't recall them.

25. Vonerichs

Vonerichs Meyvn (1,482) Sep 1, 2008 Colorado

No.

I would not drink it in a house.
    I would not drink it with a mouse.
    I will not drink it in a box.
    I will not drink it with a fox.
    I will not drink it here or there.
    I will not drink it anywere.
    I do love daisy cutter in a can. In the shower I will drink it, Sam I Am.

26. Barnoloid

Barnoloid Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2015 Illinois

Half Acre Daisy Cutter or Akari Shogun always go down a treat!

27. riverlen

riverlen Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2009 Illinois

You shouldn't drink bottled beer in the shower, the damn thing might fall and break, you won't like that, might get a cut too. So it has to be a can. Anything in a can would work, but Two Hearted is my fav (I would post a pic of me in the shower with a can of Two Hearted but I might get in trouble here, those pics are on a different site.......). I drink it in the shower while I prepare my dinner.

28. Norica

Norica Aspirant (210) Feb 2, 2006 Massachusetts

I've been doing this for a long time and feel 16 oz cans <insert favorite macro> is the best! I know plenty of women who take a glass of wine and a book into a bath and I really see no difference,

HorseheadsHophead likes this.
  29. Beer-Revelry

Beer-Revelry Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2015 Texas

Founder's Harvest ale and Revolution Anti-Hero IPA, straight from the bottle and can! I find that pale ales and IPA's pair with a hot shower for me better than say a scotch ale, quad or a stout!

30. Giantspace

Giantspace Defender (629) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

For what reason?

Enjoy

31. ChestSplitter

ChestSplitter Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2011 Mississippi

We have a big-ass shower, and there's plenty of room to put a cold beer. Recommend this highly. Lighter stuff goes better in my opinion. Corona (yes, really), Goose Island 312, Duvel, any good Hefe.

32. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (423) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts

Citra is #1 but nelson a close second......
    [​IMG]

33. evilpenguin9000

evilpenguin9000 Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2014 Virginia

I'm not a frequent shower beer enthusiast, only after seriously stressful situations. Last year, I was snowed in at work for three straight days. After that, I left, bought a 12 pack and drank one. Best shave and shower of my life. I had Moosehead. Honestly, at that point the beer was incidental. I just wanted a shower and a lot of beer. Moosehead was good enough at the time.

34. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (1,699) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina

I'm getting nauseous just thinking about the last time I drank in a hot tub. About four shock tops(I didn't buy them), half a bottle of Disaronno, and a couple sips of some Jameson had me drunker than I've ever been in my life. PSA: Hot tub drinking is dangerous. You don't have to go anywhere and if you have the supply handy you don't even have to leave the tub until you decide to get out.

as for shower beers the only one I've ever done was a Bud which was a magical experience. the shower beer, not the Bud.

2beerdogs likes this.
  35. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,188) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado

Man, when the wifes out of town and I get home from a day of hard work I always have a shower beer. Ten fidy straight from the can was the last one I had.

36. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Meyvn (1,331) Sep 15, 2014 New York

Oh god, not this again...

But seriously, if having a glass of wine in the bathtub isn't weird, then neither is drinking a beer in the shower, and that sounds like a fantastic idea. I'll definitely be trying it sometime.

CraigTravor likes this.
  37. mmars010

mmars010 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Virginia

Ice cold modelo especial, only tastes good in the shower, beach, pool, or lake

MetalMistress likes this.
  38. alk3kenny

alk3kenny Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2004 Georgia

39. Zetcha7x

Zetcha7x Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2014 Pennsylvania

I usually reserve the shower beer for the summer after mowing the lawn, working outside or going for a run. Obviously something refreshing works best. I guess my go-to's would be Bell's Oberon, Victory Summer Love or Sam Adams Porch Rocker.

40. PaBrewSki

PaBrewSki Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2013 Pennsylvania

If i'm in the shower after 12PM there is most likely beer involved. I've had 16oz Nugget Nectar cans and Dark Apparition in there in the last week. Shower beers are heavenly.

ashleylake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.