Side Project / Shared (2022)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by bread_c, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (3,920) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

funny, because Untappd also has 2022 as 12%…

Harrison8 and MattOC like this.
  2. Ckgibu

Ckgibu Initiate (115) Jun 3, 2020 Hawaii
    Trader

See how much more fun it is to actually discuss the dram, whether it whisky, beer, wine, or anything else? Let’s keep the discussion about the beer itself. I don’t go on wine groups complaining that I can’t afford DRC or Screaming Eagle. Nor do I spend the time on Buffalo Trace forums arguing why won’t they sell me a bottle of Pappy at MSRP just because I’m me.

At the end of the day, it’s their business and their decision to do what they believe is right for themselves and their employees. If you want to blame anyone for contributing to price increases, blame the guys who sell SP beers for exorbitant secondary prices to pay their rent…

3. MattOC

MattOC Defender (645) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Wonder if the person that added it in UT used 2020 as a template before the actual info was out.

4. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Champion (871) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Have you ever spent time on Straight Bourbon? There's always discussion about pricing. It's a primal point of discussion. It's a pretty valid discussion point given that substitutes exist. In fact, most any hobby revolves around price discussions/comparisons.

I hate that people say this. It's become an annoyingly parroted phrase in the SP thread to wash away responsibility or try to deflect an argument. Of course it is their business, and of course they can do what they want. No one ever tries to say they can't. No on acts like they are entitled (a previous scapegoat for this thread, calling someone entitled). Neither of those does any good to say other than to hand-wave away that people disagree with their practices. SP is just like any other business. They are open to criticism, and they deserve it. The fact that they own their own business doens't make them immune. In fact, the fact that people have had compassion is what has driven recent criticism; it's not like people don't care.

K. I'm done.

5. Ckgibu

Trader

@BreakingMyBalls IMO Rare Breed remains the single best value bourbon out there, period. OF 1920 has been better than some Birthday Bourbon years. Haven’t had the chance to try FAE, but MM cask strength stuff has always been solid for wheaters, especially given how outrageous all Weller products have become on secondary

6. Ckgibu

Trader

Then just don’t buy the beer. As much as you may hate the response that it’s their business, I guarantee there are many more of us annoyed by the constant posts complaining about prices. If you don’t agree with it, don’t purchase it, and move on. I do think eventually pricing will reach a point where SP has to re-evaluate their sales model. And who knows, maybe this package is that point given that a large quantity is still available. Again, let’s just get back to the discussion about the beers themselves. Let’s just all move forward

7. leroybrown10

leroybrown10 Poo-Bah (1,584) Jan 26, 2008 Missouri
    Society Trader

Agree 100% on Rare Breed, great pour. OF 1920 is barely fit to mix with Coke though.

8. Ckgibu

Trader

Damn, harsh :rofl:. You sure someone didn’t switch that 1920 out with 1910? :grimacing:

eppie82 likes this.
  9. not2quick

not2quick Savant (948) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I prefer 1910 to 1920 :laughing:

OakvilleKGB, Vitacca and Ckgibu like this.
  10. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,103) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Regular ass Elijah Craig impresses me every time.

11. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Initiate (129) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

That makes two of us.

OakvilleKGB and not2quick like this.
  12. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Aspirant (225) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

I find it funny a year ago people were complaining there was no talk about packages/pricing and now we’re complaining there’s too much

13. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (972) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

People just enjoy complaining. It's one of a few things we do really well.

14. Heisenbrew

Trader

I know I do

15. JPick

JPick Initiate (190) Sep 7, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

Should we say the same about if someone doesn’t like the taste of a beer, they shouldn’t talk about it? All part of the package (no pun intended) if you ask me.

16. flat_lander

Society Trader

[​IMG]

17. Heisenbrew

Trader

[​IMG]

18. leroybrown10

leroybrown10 Poo-Bah (1,584) Jan 26, 2008 Missouri
    Society Trader

I’m gonna be glad when this is finally gone.
    [​IMG]

19. flat_lander

Society Trader

Some well placed bananas would really tie that room together.

20. SeekerOfLight

SeekerOfLight Initiate (7) Jun 25, 2021

By the looks of it, the white knights are assembling!

21. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

Green Bastard, Parts Unknown

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  22. CypressPaul1

CypressPaul1 Initiate (40) Nov 24, 2019 Georgia

This is such an invalid argument. The intent of this thread is to discuss Side Project’s beer, not their business model. Occasionally bring up prices, whatever, but it’s become constant and annoying. The proverbial dead horse has been beaten to the point I have to skim through most posts to find something even worth reading. Trailer Park Boys content is encouraged though.

23. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

these are all very valid points. at the end of the day, craft beer is an endless sea with plenty of sunny, sandy beaches to land on. if SP is pricing folks out, it’s a bummer but everyone has their personal beer journey and not only does taste or quality go into it but also value / pricing / budget. there’s plenty to choose from besides SP.

24. nchan50

nchan50 Initiate (104) Aug 15, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

I don't always drink beer but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.

25. Ckgibu

Trader

Guys, gotta chill. We all know the REAL enemy here: anyone who thinks Proper Twelve should be used for anything but toilet bowl cleaner

26. jmlhd7

jmlhd7 Initiate (108) Dec 22, 2014 Missouri
    Trader

Oh a beer note, I wish maplewoods best and content moderator cans were available all summer. They would be perfect river beers. Or golf course beers. Or shower beers.

27. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

i’ll second this. was super bummed the Maplewood’s Best cans were brewery only a couple months back.

28. jmlhd7

jmlhd7 Initiate (108) Dec 22, 2014 Missouri
    Trader

I bought nearly a case of them at the time, but I would like the option to purchase once every couple weeks opposed to having to hoard them

29. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,159) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

I’ve got some killer bt store picks that cost half that. Tasty 4 roses picks, eagle rare, smoke wagon uncut and blantons ( used to be atleast in 2018) at that price point

30. nchan50

nchan50 Initiate (104) Aug 15, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

How about a haiku to lighten the mood...

Can't agree on price,
    We all agree on one thing,
    Don't eat yellow snow.

31. Ckgibu

Trader

Good store picks from guys that actually have great whisky palates = ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️BABA start

32. Ckgibu

Trader

SdF in Pinot Noir b5 is ridiculously balanced & amazing. I wish I had a case of this.

33. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,159) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

I think I might be more excited about the BB than the stout lol. 15% only helps that decision. I got a buddy I can split it with tho. I still havnt gotten to my flambé yet either, whoops

34. pconn10

pconn10 Initiate (88) May 19, 2020 Illinois
    Trader

This is the longest I have ever seen a stout package last in the store. Feel like they could have at least offered a bottle to LC at this point lol

35. bberzina

bberzina Initiate (88) Mar 24, 2015 Tennessee
    Trader

SDF pinot series is incredibly underrated. Batch 1 is probably my favorite SP saison ever.

36. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Disciple (353) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Bum

37. smalony

smalony Initiate (89) Apr 19, 2020 Missouri
    Trader

BFS is up in the shop.

OakvilleKGB and pconn10 like this.
  38. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (125) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

1,360 packages left as I type this. It was in the 1,400s when I looked at it almost 24 hours ago, so hardly any have been purchased since then. Definitely an anomaly.

39. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Champion (871) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Anyone know how the number of packages for this release compares to Cocovibes '21, or other past stout packages. Just kind of curious where this falls, even if it is in relation to something like BBT (not otherwise comparable). Just kind of curious.

I think @leroybrown10 Keeps an excel sheet of all release dates, but not sure if he has any data on batch sizes/bottle release data.

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  40. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Zealot (506) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Probably in the minority here but I love the packages. Sure, they are expensive. This is an expensive hobby. We all have the ability to sit out sales we don't want to participate in and none of us have the right to any specific bottle released. But bundling bottles with the more sought after keeps my cellar stocked and helps me drink well whenever I have the itch.

Keep those bundles coming, SP!