1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by flexabull, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flexabull

flexabull Mar 9, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

I can see why with an avatar like that, how did they make it to a bowl game anyways?!

2. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Is this Nova character getting paid off or has he been this bad all season? This guy is horrendous. I don't see how Rutgers has won any games with him at qb.

3. martin123012

martin123012 Aug 10, 2010 New Jersey

fuck u rutgers, my only chance of gettin back in this

4. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Yup, just lost another one, ugh. That's the 3rd game that I've lost by 3 points or less.

5. martin123012

ok who wants some beer like this post, cus im def not winning, and fuck that last place not ship shit, haha,

another bif lost, whomp womp wop

6. llckeller03

llckeller03 Jan 20, 2012 Illinois

I'm lucky other dudes think like I do while predicting the winners and point allotment.

7. llckeller03

I think were all gonna be bent over by the Gophers tonight.... cfh64 put 29 pts on Texas Tech.

8. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Lol, you got that right, not a good omen at all.

9. llckeller03

Hahaha....3rd and 49 for the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

10. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Damn, not one person picked Minnesota.

11. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Mar 15, 2010 Oregon

I put 34 on Tech, but I can't even be mad if Minnesota wins...I thought they were gonna get massacred. They went 2-6 in the B1G, fer fack's sake!!!

Ah well, the B1G's gotta win their annual 2 turd bowl games however they can. ;)

12. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Mar 15, 2010 Oregon

13. hokiechef

hokiechef Feb 23, 2009 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

6-6 gets you in.... hell GT got in with a losing record 6-7. Even with that record we managed (somehow) to beat a 9-3 BE team :)

I will admit I picked VT out of loyalty not out of an expectation they would win.

14. llckeller03

I hate you West Vagina...

15. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I figured WVUs offense would keep this game close. Their offensive line has been completely dominated today, and their defensive is terrible as usual.

I'm starting to think I should reverse all my picks above 25 points.

16. hokiechef

hokiechef Feb 23, 2009 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

I'll lose a lot of points on WVU, but damned if I care! Love to see them go down!

17. flexabull

Beer Trader

I had Syracuse, but I only had them for 2.

18. flexabull

Beer Trader

Drinking a Sierra Nevada Hoptinite rooting on my 35 pt pick Beavers!

19. llckeller03

I wish I could be drinking after the pathetic game play by most of my teams this weekend.

20. jodan

jodan Jul 24, 2008 California

Really meant to put more than 3pts on the Beavers winning, oops. So I think it'd be better for me at this point to pull for the stupid Longhorns. Hook 'em!

21. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Shoot...I didn't realize you were in this. Not doing too bad either I see. Was my first box not good enough? J/K that would be pretty damn ironic if I owed you another box of beer :)

22. flexabull

Beer Trader

It's Saturday with 5 mediocre bowl games, perfect time to drink a few brews! Gonna crack another when the whatever bowl (TCU/MSU) kicks off in about an hour.

Go Beavs!

23. llckeller03

I'm saving lives and protecting property till 7am Sunday. But if I wasn't an shift, I definitely hitting the hop's hard.

And watching my points lead dwendall away.(painfully)

24. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Sounds like we're in the EXACT same boat but I'll be going home 30 minutes before you :p

25. martin123012

That's wat i get for too many points on the beaver.

26. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

This is bad, this is real bad :(. Pulling the trigger on desperation mode starting with MS.

Edit: I actually thought a lot more people would have picked TCU

27. llckeller03

I see your from Dallas, would you happen to be a Cowboys fan?

28. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

I would not. I despise them. There are no words in existence that can adequately describe my hatred for the Cowgirls and JJ. I hope they get stomped tomorrow but with my luck they'll win and I'll have to listen to Superbowl nonsense for another week. End rant before I start, haha.

Long story short, grew up in NY but spent the majority of my life in TX. I am and will always be a Giants fan.

29. llckeller03

Hahaha, nevermind then.

Atleast your not a Chiefs fan like myself. I spend my Sundays yelling "off with their heads" at the tv.
    I think a player must of heard me a few Saturdays ago.

Anyway....go TCU! :eek:

30. jodan

jodan Jul 24, 2008 California

Yeah like I somehow need a bunch more beer after the 2 killer boxes you dropped on me! TCU not sucking in the 2nd half would've helped tonight.

31. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

No trash talking today? Things should start getting pretty interesting. Anyone betting on Clemson tonight?

32. flexabull

Beer Trader

It's early, and I'm still at work. But I'm getting thirsty...

33. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

This damn USC team is blowing it. I'm mighty tempted to make a few drastic changes to my picks.

34. flexabull

Beer Trader

Glad Aaron Rodgers brother is doing well. Thought about switching to GT, but never got the guts to do it. USC just doesn't seem to care...

What's on tap for today? I'm thinking about Ruthless Rye since it just since came out.

35. martin123012

i wanted to go against usc so bad, but not with that georgia tech team,

ow well, plenty of good beers on my plate, daisy cutter, heady topper, ironhill dinner, some cigar city stouts

36. flexabull

Beer Trader

That's what I felt, if USC was playing anyone else other than GT I would have changed my pick.

Only 40 more minutes until I get to go home and watch random bowl games and sip brews!

37. cbeer88

cbeer88 Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

GT will blow this one. Their defense is not nearly this good, and USC is the much better team.

38. llckeller03

Thank goodness It's only 7-0 GT, I'm sure my picks will take a dive bomb today tho. It was a nice run in the top spot while it lasted..

Drinking a Fresh Anti Hero IPA by Revolution Brewing. Up next is... The Devil Made Me Do It! By Tyranena Brewing Co. A great Imperial Coffee Oatmeal Porter.

39. llckeller03

This Iowa St / Tulsa game could cause some waves in this pool. Most picks has a decent amount of points on it for a game that can go either way. Good luck fella's

40. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Broke open an Olde Rabbits Foot last night to celebrate the awesome demise of the Cows :). Will probably start off with the last of my schlafy pumpkins in a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe