Silva Stout / BA Speedway info

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by WillCarrera, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillCarrera

WillCarrera Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Ohio

So I'm going to be in San Diego for most of this summer and was planning on visiting as many local and nearby breweries as I can. I'm planning on making to trips to Alpine, Alesmith, Ballast Point, Stone, Lost Abbey, Bruery, as well as Green Flash. I was wondering if anyone knows about the availability of Silva Stout, I can't find much information about it on their website. The BA profile for it says it was brewed only once, can anyone vouch for this? Does it show up periodically at the brewery? While we're at it, does anyone know anything about BA Speedway stout release dates / availability? Thanks guys!

2. riko

riko Initiate (110) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Silva Stout has only been released once so far. It's long gone from store shelves. Toronado used to have bottles for on-site consumption but I think they may have sold out, too. BA Speedway hasn't been released in bottles since last June but does pop up on tap once in a while. In fact, I believe it's going to be on cask at the AleSmith tasting room today as part of the craft brewers conference.

3. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

I am assuming you have a car as the Bruery is about 2 hours away.
    Just mentioning.

Email toronado: Info@toronado.com to ask about silva.

Cheers!

4. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 California

BA Speedway should show up in June and sell out same day.

5. PatKorn

PatKorn Initiate (150) Aug 30, 2007 Texas

Silva Stout is aging in barrels right now. We will be blending it off this year at some point but probably not til after summer. More than likely will be released for San Diego Beer Week in November. Have not seen it anywhere in SD for awhile,maybe Obriens might have some but not sure. You can always slum it and just drink Double Stout.
    Pat Korn Brewer Green Flash

6. Swuntly

Swuntly Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2011 California

Apparently Hamiltons has bottles of Silva for $7

7. r0nyn

r0nyn Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2009 New York

Double Stout is honestly not a bad way to go, it's a great beer for the price. That said, I'd imagine Silva steps up the game a little bit. Would love to find out... :wink:

8. peteinSD

peteinSD Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 California

hell yeah. double stout for $7 a 4-pack at trader joes!

9. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,848) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I had quite an evening in San Diego this past winter, starting at Ballast Point, then Hess (don't sleep on them), Alesmith, and finishing up at Green Flash. They're all about 5 minutes or less from one another. Alesmith didn't have BA Speedway, but they did have at least 4 different versions. The chipolte/morita pepper was my personal favorite. Green Flash also had no SIlva but plenty of other great stuff and a nice atmosphere to hang in both outside and inside.

10. BrewDogRocks

BrewDogRocks Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Texas

Hello. I'm assuming you're also thinking of hitting one or all of the Pizza Ports, they have different beers depending on which one you go to. I am also assuming you're aware that Lost Abbey is also Port Brewing. Basically, same premises, different beer approach, line up, etc. Also, I've had two beers from Mission (Dark Seas and Shipwrecked) and they have both been phenomenal, so keep an eye out for them. Then there's also Left Coast which has some tasty stuff. You are a lucky man.

11. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,848) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

If you make it to Coronado, the brewpub is pretty nice, Idiot DIPA is quite good and flies under the radar.

12. Unholygoalie

Unholygoalie Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2009 California

If drinking Double Stout = slumming it, well then call me slumdog millionaire!

13. WillCarrera

WillCarrera Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Ohio

Awesome! Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm gonna have to start putting together an itinerary so I can visit all of these places. It's looking like it's going to be an amazing time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.