Silver City Le Fat 2012

Discussion in 'US - West' started by jpbebeau, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (252) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

Any BAs in Bremerton who are planning on picking any up? A friend of mine is dying for a bottle but can't make it. Would love it if someone could pick up a bottle, I'll repay you (via my buddy).

2. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Aspirant (275) Oct 15, 2008 Oregon
    Trader

I was able to make a little road trip to the sound and got to pick up a bottle. Pretty excited to try this. Also had a great visit to Sound Brewery.

3. Jerriko

Jerriko Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2008 Washington

They said a very limited amount should hit Seattle in the next week. I think Bottleworks but I may be mistaken.

I tried it at the release and I didn't find it to be very spectacular. I felt it could use some more carbonation and more tartness. I picked up two bottles and I'll see what happens with it. It's not bad by any means. If I had seen this thread on Friday I would've picked up a bottle for you. The release was pretty low key.

4. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (252) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

Thanks for the heads up on bottles...maybe my friend will get lucky.

We tried the 2007 version together at Belgianfest.

5. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2011 Washington

This showed up at Chuck's today. All of our bottles are spoken for, but so did Barrel Aged Old Ruffian.

6. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,761) May 12, 2005 Washington
    Society Trader

got one at bottleworks - $21.99 maybe. Pretty steep, especially given the sample i had at belgianfest was underwhelming but i decided to give the little guy a shot.

had to pass on the BA Old Ruffian at ~$27 for a pretty average rated barleywine

barleywinefiend likes this.
  7. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2007 Washington
    Deactivated

GD is a little to proud of the BA Old Ruffian.

8. Smurf2055

Sorry, this post is a little confusing. We have Le Fat. BA Old Ruffian showed up as well, but all our bottles are taken. It should be in the area though.

9. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (3,088) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Society

Ha. This post must be a result of my running off to Chuck's just now after seeing your previous post. Got a bottle of Le Fat anyway.... :slight_smile:
    I'm pretty sure that one bottle of BA Old Ruffian behind the counter was taunting me.

10. Smurf2055

You mean the one below the Darkness, Cuir, Good Gourd, and big bottle of Cherry Adam (among other things)? They taunt me pretty much every day lol

11. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (3,088) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Society

That will be one very sad mess to clean up after the next earthquake.
    Got my BA Old Ruffian BTW, another nearby shop still had a few bottles.

Smurf2055 likes this.
  12. LScully02

LScully02 Initiate (0) May 28, 2012

Full Throttle has a couple Le Fat's at $23/ea, got one today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.