Sixpoint drops Resin 6-packs network wide and fans rejoice with 50% more tasty sauce

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by SCW, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Are you jazzed to now get Resin in 6-packs?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2015.
  1. Hell yes! Better format, better price per ounce, better beer- I'm all in!

152 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No, I fear change and I prefer the old format.

20 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I'll buy Resin no matter which format it comes in.

47 vote(s)
    21.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choicegrinds

choicegrinds Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 New York

Best news ive heard in a while. Love this!

SCW likes this.
  2. BodiesLexus

BodiesLexus Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2011 New York

With the recent re-packaging and pricing adjustments (yes, every pkg. went down $1 or $1.50 at my retailers) I have to say that my years ago objection to Sixpoint pricing has evaporated for sure. They are all a competitive deal and range from above-average to great in quality. Many thanks for these efforts. Now, with Resin being 9.1% I could never argue at all with 9.99/4pk. which is a steal for a high-quality IIPA. Now, you've made that value even better, and it hardly needs to be said that Resin will vanish from shelves in the new format. Keep it up, Sixpoint, and while I still consider the other year-rounds to be merely the equal of some other offerings, I have to hand it to SensiHarvest, which is hands down the best session-level pale I've ever had. Gorilla Warfare or 3 Beans releases coming?

SCW likes this.
  3. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

thanks for the solid feedback and encouragement - much appreciated!

No Gorilla Warfare or 3Beans cans planned imminently - but we do have a special surprise instead. Will post soon once all details are firmed up!

cheers

st9647v3 likes this.
  4. BriantheBeerGeek

BriantheBeerGeek Initiate (107) May 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

Here in SE PA thats exactly how it works. When Sixpoint switched from 16 oz. 4-packs to 12 oz. 6 packs it took forever to get fresh. I imagine Resin will be the same.

SCW likes this.
  5. AOD77

AOD77 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2014 Illinois

Bought my first 4 pack of six point Resin tonight in DeKalb, IL and am hooked. @Sixpoint you make great beer

SCW likes this.
  6. ivorycannon

ivorycannon Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Indiana

Love Sixpoint, but could care less about Resin.

7. TCJ0100

TCJ0100 Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2014 California

This will definitely get me to finally try Resin. I usually pass on it because of the format, and they tend to sit on the shelves here.

SCW likes this.
  8. Wolfhead

Wolfhead Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2009 Illinois

Totally agree but after a sixer of Resin it might not be too bad :grinning:

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  9. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

I like this part of your response the most.

10. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Zealot (538) Oct 28, 2011 New Jersey

Very happy about the new Resin packaging. I just wish they'd move to Canned On dates instead of Best By dates. Pretty sure they give each of their beers a different amount of time, and it's impossible to remember when I'm in the store. Can we get some clarification on this @Sixpoint ?

SCW and Rollzroyce21 like this.
  11. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Meyvn (1,030) Oct 24, 2009 California

@Sixpoint Is CA distribution a possibility?

12. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

Hey now...they aren't even in Pittsburgh, PA yet. Get in line. I drank a Resin last night and posted it to my Untappd account with the comment "Bring this to Pittsburgh, Shane." They are a company I want to support.

SCW likes this.
  13. SCW

Fresh Resin 6packs already landed in Philly and the Lancaster/York area....

thank you!

fresh ones just landed!

what if we put a package date on the can, but then put a best before date on our website? would that help?

it is - but likely not for a long time

saw that!

[​IMG]

pagriley, denver10 and Ungertaker like this.
  14. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Zealot (538) Oct 28, 2011 New Jersey

Anything to allow me to purchase your products more. Canned on date on the packaging would most definitely do that. Right now I pass on your stuff frequently bc I can't possibly remember how long you give your stuff.

15. NotTheGeeks

NotTheGeeks Initiate (66) Aug 1, 2014 Massachusetts

You will need to order on the Sixpiont Web site. I got mine a couple of months ago and drink from it often.

16. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,106) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

Not many high octain sixpacks anymore. Nice call Sixpoint.

17. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,956) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Society

Definitely would.

18. ZvexFan

ZvexFan Initiate (0) May 12, 2013 Wisconsin

Resin 4pk for the win. I've had many 4pk's in my day and the 6er doesn't taste the same and is labeled differently (IIPA). The recipe is different. I hope they still distribute the 4pks.

Malone

jstilwell likes this.
  19. duluoz

duluoz Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2007 California

Just checking in again as the guy who doesn't much care for Resin but loved Gemini, the retired and far-superior beer, IMO. That one was awesome. Resin stays on the growing pile of decent-but-nothing-special DIPAs.

No clue why they'd retire Gemini. If it was a conflict with the name, change the name. But keep that beer in your lineup at all costs!

20. Rish907

Rish907 Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2013 California

@Moyman can you get some of this sheeet?

21. jageraholic

jageraholic Disciple (339) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

If they do a canned on date, at which month will you stop purchasing it because you think it's past it's prime?

markdrinksbeer likes this.
  22. pep

pep Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Pennsylvania

So pumped. Sixpoint was the first beer in a while that I bough by the six pack.

SCW likes this.
  23. kerry4porters

kerry4porters Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2012 Arizona

@Sixpoint get on the Arizona wagon with Founders, Two Brothers, Smuttynose, and Ninkasi we will give you alotta love :wink:

SCW likes this.
  24. grimey68

grimey68 Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 Pennsylvania

I didn't vote, but Reisn doesn't do it for me. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

25. pep

pep Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Pennsylvania

great news. now you guys need to make variety 12 packs. I buy that bitch by the case!

markdrinksbeer and SCW like this.
  26. Haymarket

Haymarket Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2014 Virginia

I will give this one a shot because I like what the brewery is doing with it, and I like the communication on here a lot. I have only tried Sensi-Harvest by the brewer, and thought it was awful...very thin mouthfeel and pure onion and garlic taste. I know it is well rated, but it was really bad for me, so it was the last beer I bought from 6 point. I will give them another shot with Resin based on this.

27. SCW

Hi Malone,

The recipe is identical - same liquid going into the same cans. Only difference is 6 cans are being placed into a box instead of 4.

you'd be happy to know that when Gemini was retired it was reincarnated as the Resin ;-)

pick up any of the Resin 6packs yet?

have you actually tried any of the core beers yet?

28. Haymarket

Haymarket Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2014 Virginia

No. Sensi was the first one. I will pick up some Resin and give that a shot.

29. Patbrown2

Patbrown2 Initiate (118) Nov 27, 2013 Connecticut

I have no idea why Sixpoint hasn't been in my smallish circle of trust yet...especially considering it's practically in my backyard. But that's gonna change

SCW likes this.
  30. Moyman

Moyman Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2013 New York

@Rish907 i should be able to. I just picked up a few 4 packs of resin for a buddy.

When it comes out, let me know how many you want and I'll ship it out to you brotha!

SCW likes this.
  31. SCW

4pack or 6packs?

32. SCW

we have no idea either - let's start that relationship of trust! any questions/comments/issues - just contact us.

cheers

33. jstilwell

jstilwell Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 Massachusetts

Seems this way to me too Malone. I "know" this beer. Something significantly different this time around.

34. SCW

What's interesting is that you say something isn't the same, and you selectively point out that it "is labeled differently (IIPA)."

While this definitely constitutes a packaging change, and the outward appearance of the beer is different, it does not mean we overhauled the recipe. However, it is important to note that we are constantly tweaking all of our beers, whether that means new ingredients, new processes, or new techniques to move the beer forward. Our fans seems to be taking notice, as reviews have never been this positive, including the Resin.

That being said, whenever you evolve as a company, there are always people who pipe up and say "why did they have to change? Why can't they just keep things the way they are?" We heard this back in 2008 when we changed our website for the first time, and again in 2012 when we changed the website once again. We are looking to roll out a new site once again in 2015-2016 and I'm sure there will be people who chime in once again and say, "why did they have to change the site? I liked the old one better."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we respect that. But if we had listened to these same folks regarding the feedback about our website, we'd still have the exact same website we had back in 2004. No html5, no Flash, not even any dynamic content!

Progress is the name of the game. Thanks for the feedback on the Resin. If you have any specific comments on the quality of the beer, we're all ears. We're constantly trying to improve this beer, along with all other aspects of the company. Drop us a line and let's talk about it!

cheers

35. Joe_Grizzly

Joe_Grizzly Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 New Hampshire

keep cold in BOLD letters would be sweet too 2/3 places I buy the sixpoint its on a dusty shelf

SCW likes this.
  36. hophugger

hophugger Poo-Bah (2,377) Mar 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society

Yes, that seems to be the biggest problem for this beer

SCW likes this.
  37. SCW

ever since we started, we have ordered that all beers be kept refrigerated prior to opening - but at the end of the day it is up to the wholesaler and the retailer to heed this advice - our only other option is to refuse to sell to these stores, but there are legal complications with that as well....

fwiw it does seem that selections at liquor stores (and inventory) does seem to be expanding faster than cooler space :-)

38. PintOh1759

PintOh1759 Initiate (127) Oct 29, 2014 Missouri

Please distribute to Alaska!!!!!

39. Dew1016

Dew1016 Initiate (99) Nov 19, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

I noticed 6 packs of Resin at a few stores in Northern Virginia not too long ago. I went into those same stores in the past few days, and noticed that they were back to selling the 4 packs....

40. SCW

that can't be right...can you send us a PM and let us know which stores you are referring to? We'll rectify this ASAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.