Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

SN Narwhal in Madison

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Stevedore, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Stevedore

Beer Trader

Just finished the four pack I picked up over the holidays and I found it incredibly delicious- actually enjoyed it more than the FIS and FBS I've had over the last few weeks too. I haven't seen them in my usual bottle shops in Madison (Steve's University, Woodman's) and wondering if anyone's seen them in Madison, maybe even the Madison/Milwaukee or Madison/Rockford corridor as well.. so I can get some to stash in my cellar. Thanks in advance!

2. Stevedore

Beer Trader

Just in case anyone was interested, I stopped by Steve's University after work and had the presence of mind to ask if they had any Narwhal left. Seems that I got the last 4-pack hiding in the back cooler somewhere, and the store only got one case total. You'd think that SN would distribute more to WI- it's a rotating seasonal after all, and there's a ton of Bigfoot around town.

3. jplopez21

Beer Trader

I'm with u man. Narhwal is way better than FIS and FBS. It's definitely one of the best non BA imperial stouts ive had. Just bought a case of it the other day cuz I love it so much. There's plenty of narwhal left here in the western chicago burbs. Im surprised u cant find more over there. Just saw few cases @ 2 different liquor stores in the past 2 days.

nickapalooza86 likes this.
  4. _Joe_

Beer Trader

I bought a 4 pack at Riley's yesterday. It was the last one that they had out, they might have more in the back though.

5. Jerktookmyname

6. _Joe_

Beer Trader

I'm in Waukesha this weekend (but live in Madison) and the discount liquor here has at least a few 4 packs. BM me if you want me to pick up some 4 packs for you.

7. Ri0

Ri0
    Beer Trader

Steve, I'll check a couple of places out. If I see a 4 pk I'll grab it for you.

8. Stevedore

Beer Trader

Nah don't worry about it. I got my folks in Michigan to grab 2 4-packs and stash it in the basement till I visit them next. And I have the aforementioned 4-pack to drink over the next few weeks :)

9. Stevedore

Beer Trader

Yeah on a related note, Riley's just tweeted that there's no BA BigFoot coming to Wisconsin (maybe MKE). Not so much love for the land of beer and cheese. I guess we can be happy that we did get a bit of Narwhal and a decent amount of BigFoot in addition to the regulars.

Riley's Wines@rileyswow
    Some sad news, there will be no @SierraNevada barrel aged#BigFoot for Madison, or WI at all (maybe just Milwaukee). Maybe next time. :(

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe