So who is going to buy a Brewie?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Ri0, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (2,645) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

Fully Automated Home Brewery

Pre-order prices start from $999 and you can quicken the shipping process by donating to its $100,000 crowd funding target... :astonished:

2. rynegne

rynegne Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2014 Illinois

A Keurig for beer? Oh boy...I'll pass. Bad enough I have to suffer with the shitty work coffee. I think I'll stick to home brewing with my cheapo home brew kit lol.

3. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

Lmao!!

Edit: I will laugh even harder when people complain of infections.

LuskusDelph, chavinparty and MLeicht like this.
  4. Imacopyouidiot

Imacopyouidiot Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 Illinois

I thought a "brewie" was a hand job from a brewer.

5. wesbray

wesbray Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Alberta (Canada)

6. pagriley

pagriley Savant (988) Oct 27, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Ahahahaaa. You need an old cooler with a few mods to make a mash tun, a turkey fryer kit and a carboy / fermentation bucket - hell if you are just going to make smaller batches you just need a big stock pot...

Sigh - hipster will crowd fund just about anything.... I should know, I probably am one...

7. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (533) Mar 28, 2009 California

Half the fun of homebrewing is the process. If all I want is beer I'll just buy it.

8. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (19,250) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Premium Trader

But that would take all of the fun out of making beer. I have been using a bucket, cooler, and 40 qt aluminum pot for years. I'd rather spend that money on my homebrew equipment I actually need. :wink: (monster mill and stir plate on the top of that list)

Mongrel and wonothesane42 like this.
  9. JuicesFlowing

JuicesFlowing Poo-Bah (2,206) Jul 5, 2009 Kansas

I'll only buy one if it comes with a white lab coat and plastic safety glasses.

pittvkyle7 and jsullivan02130 like this.
  10. koopa

koopa Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2008 New Jersey

@ 1m 16s

Somebody teach the d-bag doing the voice over how to pronounce lautering. It isn't pronounced loitering fool.....

11. HerbMeowing

HerbMeowing Aspirant (288) Nov 10, 2010 Virginia

OMG.
    Here all along I thought a true 'Fully Automated Home Brewery' was little more than picking up a sixer at the Circle-K.

No pain.
    No grain

Lukass and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  12. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Zealot (536) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

Probably the same type of people that bought a Zymatic without knowing what they were purchasing.

#12 JohnSnowNW, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. Lukass

Lukass Savant (902) Dec 16, 2012 Ohio

It completely takes the 'craft' out of craft beer. Now it's just beer. I'm guessing this is for all the people that are too afraid to just give good ol' regular homebrewing a try?

14. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Iowa

You must not value your time! Now you can update your instagrams and headbooks and tweeter all about the amazing beer your T2000 is creating in your loft kitchen! (heavy does of flameout sarcasm)

Lukass likes this.
  15. Lukass

Lukass Savant (902) Dec 16, 2012 Ohio

Yes! and it'll soon be available for iPhone/Android as well! It's perfect for that 'on-the-go' homebrewer who just wants to try his creation NOW.

16. Tebuken

Tebuken Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2009 Argentina

I think this machine can not brew like a good homebrewer, neither like a good industrial brewery. So , it doesn´t worth a penny to me.

Push_the_limits likes this.
  17. billandsuz

billandsuz Disciple (356) Sep 1, 2004 New York

hipster bros and their smiling white girlfriends really like it. a lot.

I am genuinely embarrassed that people may associate this device with my hobby. wrong on so many levels that don't need to be discussed. let us pretend it doesn't exist.

18. GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2013 Colorado

Hipsters. Fucking hipsters.

I've gt some marketing and advertisement ideas for them.

"And now for the gadget that takes all the fun, innovation, passion, education, hands on experience and skill out of brewing...The Brewie"

"Want to brew beer, but youre too busy shopping for cloths that your grandparents would wear, can't find time between choosing which Bill Murray Tee shirt to wear and which '80s style sunglasses to rock today; can't quite make the time to brew your own beer because you're too busy bashing the mainstream? You need a brewie!"

if someone handed me a "homebrew" and then informed me it was made with a machine such as this I would slap them in the face.

A beer made with this machine is as much "homebrew" as taking everclear adding some water, putting it into a quart mason jar and calling it your own moonshine...

That video made my head hurt and I'm pretty sure my IQ just dropped a few points...

19. wspscott

wspscott Champion (849) May 25, 2006 Kentucky

I am so fucking over crowdfunding bullshit. I hope these guys fail in a huge way and have to get real jobs like the rest of us :slight_smile:

jbakajust1, Scumbag81 and Mongrel like this.
  20. sjverla

sjverla Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2008 Massachusetts

What sort of experiences are you supposed to be sharing?!

'Guys, I put some grain in my Brewie. I'm wondering if I put it in the right place.'
    'Relax. In my 10 years of Brewie-ing, I've put grain everywhere. It'll be fine.'

God, I thought one of these products was enough. Apparently there's actually a fucking market for these?

TurboBrew and PintOh1759 like this.
  21. inchrisin

inchrisin Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

Relax, don't worry, have a home brewie.

22. WelshBrewer

WelshBrewer Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2013 Oregon

23. billandsuz

billandsuz Disciple (356) Sep 1, 2004 New York

ok. so clearly it is not for us.

who the fuck is funding this shit? they have over $38,000. for chrisesakes already.
    I swear this is making my head hurt. I literally face palmed myself. total loss for words to describe the feeling of not caring while simultaneously caring so much I hurt my head.
    I believe I need a homebrew. maybe 6.

paulys55, sjverla and OddNotion like this.
  24. BILF

BILF Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2010 Israel

This will be a success. The market will be impulse buyers who love the coolness of the idea of making their own beer. They will use it once and then move onto the next cool thing.

nickfl likes this.
  25. koopa

koopa Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2008 New Jersey

To me, it's the complete automation of the process that I don't dig. However, I don't rule out the possibility that these automated systems can make great beer.

Give a listen to this show from about the 1h 30m mark - the 2h mark. Annie Johnson, 2013 NHC Homebrewer of the Year talks about the picobrew automated system and the brewing network crew does side by side tastings of her homebrew vs. the same recipes made on a picobrew. They all seem to like the picobrew as much or better actually.

http://s125483039.onlinehome.us/archive/ses_2014-03-10_anniejohnson.mp3

NOTE: Annie now has a job with picobrew so take her stance FWIW but the Brewing Network guys have no affiliation that I'm aware of with the product.

GetMeAnIPA and JackHorzempa like this.
  26. VikeMan

VikeMan Meyvn (1,439) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania

Summarizing the first minute or so of the video...

/Once upon a time, the price of entry to home brewing was a brain. But now, there's Brewie./

Someone please let me know if the rest is worth watching.

paulys55, nickfl, psnydez86 and 4 others like this.
  27. Travisurfin247

Travisurfin247 Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 South Carolina

I can't wait to see the first post here by a newbie Brewie asking "OMG Is My Beer Ruined?!?!?!?"

jbakajust1 likes this.
  28. HerbMeowing

HerbMeowing Aspirant (288) Nov 10, 2010 Virginia

It's Mr. Beer for Hipsters.

29. inchrisin

inchrisin Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

Who the fuck can write that legibly on the label that's already on the bottle???

PintOh1759 likes this.
  30. skiofpinsk

skiofpinsk Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2008 Pennsylvania

"...So you have time for other important things, besides beer."

Other important things? Besides beer? What other important things?

mikehartigan and markdrinksbeer like this.
  31. psnydez86

psnydez86 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

Now I have to see what my return policy looks like on my Pico Brewmatic.

utahbeerdude likes this.
  32. Naugled

Naugled Zealot (586) Sep 25, 2007 New York

these posts have been hilarious.

They are up to $87k, onlyy $13k more to go, I think they may make their goal.

I would have signed up for the $10 Thank You Package if it included a Brewie glass, they missed an opportunity.

EvenMoreJesus likes this.
  33. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Iowa

And then future hipsters can pick up a brewie from their local thrift/antique shop and put it next to their tape recorders and make it into a lamp.

nickfl and BILF like this.
  34. Ronniebrew

Ronniebrew Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2014 West Virginia

There is No way I mean NO WAY!!!! I would spend the money for this Robot lol!! Some things just needs left alone it's called Craft beer for a reason this takes the fun out of the craft!! This looks appealing to the lazy whack home brewers with no skill in making yummy deliciousness with some ingredients, pots and buckets!! I love technology but hell to the naw!! I brew for the challenge of making a good beer!! I'm PO at this thing!

35. mikehartigan

mikehartigan Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2007 Illinois

Ever since I've been brewing, I've been telling my wife that I wish there was some way to monitor the brewing process from work using my cell phone. Not only that, but my phone now has a use other than closing the garage door remotely! Win-win!

billandsuz and Naugled like this.
  36. scottPockl

scottPockl Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2015 West Virginia

Well, I guess its the destination more than the journey for me. I am seriously considering this in order to allow more time for brewing beer.

37. wspscott

wspscott Champion (849) May 25, 2006 Kentucky

Welcome to BA, let us know how the machine works out if you get one. Of course, we will probably never see you again, so it was nice meeting :slight_smile:

Lukass, billandsuz and JohnSnowNW like this.
  38. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,188) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado

That airlock gave me a boner tho.

jbakajust1 likes this.
  39. GreenKrusty101

GreenKrusty101 Defender (699) Dec 4, 2008 Nevada

Months ago I had a post deleted on this thread for less. (although it was gender specific)

40. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,188) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado

Maybe @jbakajust1 can replace it with something decidedly esoteric and less vulgar...

jbakajust1 and GreenKrusty101 like this.