SoCal taprooms opening up

Discussion in 'US - West' started by wponz, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wponz

wponz Initiate (119) Dec 22, 2005 California

Got email from Alesmith and Bootleggers (Fullerton) that their Tasting Rooms will be opening up soon. Both will be under strict Covid-19 guidelines, and you have to buy their food (food truck ?) to drink on site !!
    I guess that will be the "new normal", at least for a while.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  2. jnance88

jnance88 Initiate (101) Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

I'll keep buying my beer to go or have it delivered for the time being.
    Not to be a dick, but I'll let other people be guinea pigs for a while before I go back to a brewery.
    I still think LA County is a few weeks away from doing this, but who knows anymore...

3. AlmostDeadly777

AlmostDeadly777 Initiate (69) Apr 29, 2018 California
    Trader

I'm in the same boat, I'm going to give it another month before I try going back to any tasting rooms. I can't imagine myself in Bottle Logic again until the expansion is ready.

4. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Zealot (505) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Yes, because we're currently dealing with a pandemic.

jmarx3, mhucker28, SDReaper and 4 others like this.
  5. dcgunman

dcgunman Meyvn (1,368) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Green Cheek too planning to open their doors this Friday. I will wait for another month or so and see how everything pans out. Too many idiots out there.

6. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (369) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Where did you see this? At the brewery?

7. dcgunman

Society Trader

Was there earlier today. They were getting the inside squared away for a possible Friday opening.

ChicagoJ and pinballplayer like this.
  8. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (104) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

Brewery X opening up this weekend. Food purchase required along with a few other guidelines up on their IG post.

9. moosington

moosington Initiate (159) Mar 29, 2009 California

Dang. Too bad there isn't much room to social distance there.....

AlexM and SoCalBeerIdiot like this.
  10. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (471) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

This whole "food pairing" thing bugs the living daylights out of me. I went to buy a cocktail and the bar owner said "you have to buy a food item but we've got these .25 packages of goldfish crackers". Is this really some crazy loophole that breweries are going to have to abide by for awhile?

For the aspect of safety it actually makes less sense having to sell food because of making more contact with objects, having your hands closer to your face, and spending more time with the mask off.

11. Aztec_Chris

Aztec_Chris Initiate (65) May 7, 2015 California

I'm going to be cautious as I have a lot of family members close by that would be classified high risk. Crowded indoor places seem to be where new clusters pop up the most in countries that are further along than us and if you throw in fans or recirculated air the 6' separation doesn't mean anything. So if you do go, my advice is find places that have outdoor areas to greatly decrease your chance.

12. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Crusader (711) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Trader

You called???

Actually, I'm in the same boat. I'm in no rush to get back out there. Perfectly happy getting stuff to go or shipped to my door for the time being. Once it's really safe to get back out there, I will be back at with the same regularity as before but we're not there yet.

Plus it seems like there are anti-mask folks out there just looking to start trouble (probably both sides, actually). No thanks.

m34josh and dcgunman like this.
  13. FrogOut69

Trader

You went to buy a cocktail at a bar? They're not supposed to be open, so I'm a bit surprised they're even trying to play along with the rules since they are aggressively breaking others. As far as "loopholes", it was explicitly stated that the example provided does not satisfy the ABC requirement.

14. SDReaper

SDReaper Crusader (715) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

So long as Resident/NPBC/HighlandPark/SARA keep on delivery directly to my door, I just don't see a reason to head to a tasting room. Not like I was social anyways, I would hide in a corner inside Anvil&Stave at Alesmith to get away from ppl.

Plus...on occasion, friends swing by and drop off beers. Just 10 minutes ago a buddy cruised on by and dropped off a RR 4pk with mind circus/velvet glow/ and 2x DDH Pliny.

Add that my better half and I are both classified as high-risk...yeah....#fuckit

Edit: And somehow I forgot Moonlight in that brewery list.

_pat_, ChicagoJ, wolf13 and 5 others like this.
  15. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (471) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

I won't say which bar because lots are doing this cocktail to go thing and I didn't even enter the bar just ordered from the door and they brought it out in a takeout container.

Yup it's been this way for 2 weeks at this place but the food thing was recent and while I appreciate they aren't trying to rope me into buying a $20 burger and offering the cheapest alternative, it's just the question if you're going to operate a sit down restaurant why require needing to sell food for something like this. Kudos to how Alesmith is opening, I guess the rules are changing fast now.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  16. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,917) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

[​IMG]

Between the setup and posted rules, looks a lot safer than most places previously "allowed" to conduct business (primarily very crowded grocery and big box stores) the past few months.

Hope all goes well, and the bars without food and other stores can reopen safely soon.

17. FrogOut69

Trader

That's correct - "To-Go" isn't required to buy food and has been ongoing for weeks. That owner just doesn't know what's going on and seems to be confusing the updated restrictions for alcohol and dine-in. Again, the solution doesn't qualify for the dine-in requirements either.

#17 FrogOut69, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  18. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,194) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Do you know if that is a county by county restriction? All of the places near.me selling to go booze (cocktails, mimosas, micheladas, etc) are requiring food orders to get to go booze. I assumed it was a rule

m34josh and ChicagoJ like this.
  19. dvnbtn

dvnbtn Initiate (85) Sep 9, 2012 California
    Trader

I’ll steer clear of going into tasting rooms for awhile. Not in a rush to drink in crowded places, even with social distancing rules in place; people are having a hard time doing in grocery stores, let alone in a tap room.

I’m perfectly fine digging into my stash and continuing delivery and contact-less pick ups, although I’m not quite sure breweries would continue to offer such services once they open their tasting rooms.

RaulMondesi and wolf13 like this.
  20. PaulieWalnuts01

PaulieWalnuts01 Initiate (22) Feb 20, 2020

yeah like others have mentioned, i'm in no rush to return to breweries/taprooms. i miss it so much but i'm just not willing to risk it with the threat of the virus higher than it's ever been in my area

plus, all of these social distancing guidelines take away from the experience and i just wouldn't be able to enjoy myself in that environment

21. hikanteki

hikanteki Initiate (110) Oct 11, 2013 California
    Trader

Food with to-go ready to drink alcohol is a statewide rule for restaurants, according to the ABC (#5):
    https://www.abc.ca.gov/notice-of-regulatory-relief/

22. yokels

yokels Disciple (322) Sep 5, 2015 California
    Society Trader

Terreux taproom is opening this Sat, 5/30. Bruery taproom opening 6/4.

ChicagoJ and AlexM like this.
  23. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (306) Feb 25, 2012 California

I'm doing the world tour next week. I'm risking it all!

24. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Zealot (512) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Society Trader

ThePrinceAldo and ChicagoJ like this.
  25. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (105) May 6, 2015 California
    Trader

26. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Defender (625) Jul 9, 2010 California

seems like Highland Park is getting ready to reopen. They put out a hiring call for FOH staff

27. riko

riko Initiate (123) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

It seems like the first wave of people to go to tap rooms would be a little heavier on the types who resist wearing masks, think that social distancing rules are part of a conspiracy for the government to control us, etc.

I'm fine staying home and not drinking with that crowd.

28. mhucker28

mhucker28 Initiate (82) Apr 24, 2020 California
    Trader

Yeah, I'll be staying at home for the forseeable future. It was already going to be difficult to bring my 3 month old son to most places if everything was normal, so I am definitely not going to chance it for a while.

wolf13, skelliott and FrogOut69 like this.
  29. SDReaper

Trader

It's not a conspiracy if it's true that the government did this because the batteries on their birds (also birds aren't real) needed to be replaced so they can continue to monitor the population.

/big S (but funny to me at least)

30. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,194) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

You're being played gunz! The birds don't need batteries but they are going to glitch out until they all can download the 5G update!

31. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Defender (625) Jul 9, 2010 California

Beachwood HB is reopening

ChicagoJ likes this.
  32. walterfarris

walterfarris Initiate (42) Dec 7, 2017 California
    Trader

Maybe not the right forum for this, but it appears that Towne Park closed for good. Mentioning because I haven’t seen it on here anywhere yet

33. pinballplayer

Trader

How are the crowds (or lack thereof) at Green Cheek, Beachwood HB, Bruery and other spots open in SoCal?

34. dcgunman

Society Trader

Was at BWHB yesterday for a grab n go. 2 peeps outside eating and drinking.

ChicagoJ and pinballplayer like this.
  35. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (98) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Me and my friends (3 of us) tried walking in at Terreux last Sunday and was told it was a 3 hour wait so I'm guessing they're at maybe 30% capacity at most? Probably be that way for most if not all breweries

AlmostDeadly777 and ChicagoJ like this.
  36. pinballplayer

Trader

Wow, would not have guessed that! I guess reservations are the only way to go if offered.

37. SDReaper

Trader

Lost Cause Meadery's new location

We can’t wait to share our new space with you! This reservation system is for our Bay Park location ONLY (5328 Banks St., Ste B, San Diego, 92110). Our Miramar tasting room is still open for walk-ins during open hours.

Right now we are accepting reservations in 2 hour blocks of time each day, starting 6/11 through 6/27. The weekly schedule of available times is listed below. If you can’t find availability on your selected day/time that means all slots have already been reserved.

Wednesdays & Thursdays:

• 4 pm & 6 pm seatings: OUTDOOR tables

• 4:30 pm & 6:30 pm seatings: INDOOR tables
    Fridays:

• 3 pm, 5 pm & 7 pm seatings: OUTDOOR tables

• 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm & 7:30 pm seatings: INDOOR tables
    Saturdays:

• 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm & 8 pm seatings: OUTDOOR tables

• 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm & 6:30 pm seatings: INDOOR tables

Currently this is for members-only to make reservations but will open up to their mailing list tomorrow. Because of that, I am not sharing the link.

ryno09 likes this.
  38. ryno09

ryno09 Aspirant (210) May 1, 2010 California

Can't wait for things to get back to normal for pizza, beer (Deft), and mead in their outside space.

mhksuccess and ChicagoJ like this.
  39. PaulieWalnuts01

PaulieWalnuts01 Initiate (22) Feb 20, 2020

i made a thread about TP a while back since i noticed they had closed and apparently their plan was to reopen as a seltzery

not surprised at all they closed for good. so much for them "showing the other breweries how its done."

that place sucked

40. moosington

moosington Initiate (159) Mar 29, 2009 California

Pretty sure the seltzer element is still moving forward. Are we certain the brewery closed for sure? I heard they were just moving it to a smaller/production only space? Don't really care either way, because, yeah, suuuuucccckkkkkeeeddd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.