Sol Chelada Limón y Sal Arrives In The U.S.

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,513) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

CHICAGO, IL (March 2020) - Today Sol, the beer named after the sun, released Sol Chelada Limón y Sal in the United States. Currently Mexico's number-one lime and salt-flavored chelada, Sol Chelada Limón y Sal combines Sol's signature lager with lime flavor and salt in 24-oz single cans, making for a key addition to Sol's portfolio as the demand for classic Mexican chelada mixes continues to grow in the U.S.

[​IMG]

Sol Chelada Limón y Sal stands taller than other lime-flavored beers by boasting the same beloved recipe used in Mexico. At 3.5 percent alcohol by volume, this beer refreshes with a natural lime flavor and a classic salty finish.

"We are excited for everyone to enjoy the same authentic recipe that has the number one spot in the heart of Mexican beer drinkers," said Katie Feldman, senior marketing manager of North American imports at Molson Coors. "Sol Chelada Limón y Sal is brewed for anyone who appreciates authentic Mexican flavors and loves to drink outside on a bright, sunny day."

Sol Chelada Limón y Sal joins the original Sol Chelada and Sol lager to round out the brand's portfolio in the U.S. The classic Sol Chelada, which debuted last year, was in such high demand that it was difficult to keep in stock in parts of the country.

Sol Chelada Limón y Sal is now available at select cities across the U.S. and will be supported with a new campaign that highlights the expanding Sol Chelada family, in addition to Limón y Sal itself. The new campaign will include :15 video spots that consumers will see across digital channels. Additionally, the brand plans to bring attention and awareness to Sol Chelada Limón y Sal through a series of PR and influencer-focused programs this year.

For more information on Sol Chelada Limón y Sal or Sol beer, visit Sol.com/US, Facebook.com/SolBeerUS, and follow @SolBeerUS on Twitter and Instagram.

About Molson Coors Beverage Company

Molson Coors Beverage Company has defined brewing greatness for more than two centuries. As one of the largest global brewers, Molson Coors works to deliver extraordinary brands that delight the world's beer drinkers. From Coors Light, Coors Banquet, Miller Lite, Molson Canadian, Carling, Staropramen and Sharp's Doom Bar to Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, Blue Moon Belgian White, Hop Valley, Creemore Springs and Crispin Cider, Molson Coors offers a beer for every beer lover. Molson Coors is not only committed to brewing extraordinary beers, but also running a business focused on respect for its employees, communities and drinkers, which means corporate responsibility and accountability right from the start. It has been listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the past eight years. To learn more about Molson Coors Beverage Company, visit molsoncoors.com, ourbeerprint.com or on Twitter through @MolsonCoors.

2. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,122) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

No tomatoes or clams in this one, huh? Kinda disappointed to be honest :grin:

3. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

A few years ago I wouldn't have said this, but I would actually buy and try this now. My favorite summer release of 2018 was Shiner's Sea Salt & Lime Lager. I was very sad when they didn't bring it back last year. The Lemon Pils is good but I preferred the SS&LL. I've been looking for something to fill the void ever since. Though I suppose I could always add lime juice and salt to a Mexican lager myself!

ESHBG, mikeinportc, tzieser and 3 others like this.
  4. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (780) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

That sounds awesome.

Thanks for the info

Enjoy

FBarber likes this.
  5. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Zealot (515) Jul 4, 2008 Ohio

Demand? Really? Much the same way a
    pre-made black & tan is a big ol MEH @ best, so to is the chelada, which is best made fresh.
    Big fan of Sol, but these are not good.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  6. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,247) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

But what are ya, a brewer?!? Best to leave all that to the professionals:wink:

7. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

Haha. I've actually already added lime juice to a pale lager before. It tasted great.

8. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (275) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm with you and I am and have always been a huge fan of this type of thing since I started drinking beer. Flying Dog has a good Mexican Lager called Numero Uno that is now year round that has lime and agave in it and I am looking forward to Stones version. I will gladly throw a lime in any pale, crisp Lager and nothing beats that on a hot day. And I miss Tequiza a lot.

TBH I would rather drink one of these beers than many IPAs these days.

9. Averwo

Averwo Disciple (316) Jul 4, 2013 Iowa

Just bought a pellet smoker so can't wait to sit outside and drink plenty of these this summer.

10. Zorro

Zorro Poo-Bah (4,863) Dec 25, 2003 California
    Society

11. einhorn

einhorn Aspirant (296) Nov 3, 2005 California

@Zorro agreed...super refreshing beer. As if Gatorade had a beer child.

ESHBG, Zorro and mamaraza like this.
  12. mamaraza

mamaraza Disciple (333) Jul 6, 2014 Texas

I really enjoy this one from time to time especially when it starts to swelter down here in Texas. I’ll try the Sol version for sure.

ESHBG and Zorro like this.
  13. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,132) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Picked this up from the cooler at my LBS
    [​IMG]
    My review if you're interested:

24oz can stamped L9350484DC2204 16 12 2020 (so 3 months old) poured into a fishbowl at fridge temp 3.5% ABV. The beer pours bright golden yellow with fizzy, nearly white head. The head dissipates to absolutely nothing in about 90 seconds. The aroma is faint with lime and lager yeast. The taste is typical, yet clean, light beer up front with the lime and salt showing up subtly on the backend. No bitterness. The mouthfeel is thin bodied with average carbonation and a mostly dry finish. No detectable brewing flaws. Overall, very good for what it is. I wouldn't routinely pay $2.89 for 24 ounces of 3.5 beer, but this would be nice for hot weather all day drinking. Scored as a fruit beer. Numbers would be much higher as an AAL.

ESHBG and Zorro like this.
  14. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (780) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

I’ll stick with Hamms and High Life with added lime and salt at that price. Ouch

Enjoy

jkblr likes this.
  15. adrock314

adrock314 Crusader (783) Apr 14, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Industry Trader

I pick up a 24oz single of the Modelo Limon y Sal just about every time I visit my LBS. I'll definitely give this a try.

Zorro likes this.
  16. not2quick

not2quick Devotee (483) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I love to try all the chelada/michelada beers. Can't wait to track this down.

Zorro likes this.