Latin America Sol del Venado Recently opened craft beer micro brewery in Ecuador.

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by flying_dutchman, Oct 29, 2013.

1. flying_dutchman

flying_dutchman Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Ecuador

[​IMG]

Sol del Venado is a new, recently opened brewery here in San Pedro de Vilcabamba.
    This brewery sells their beers at the moment, on tap in a Restaurant in Vilcabamba and in Loja and soon will be selling their beers in bottles in other locations also.

The awesome thing about this brewery is that they do all the malting, roasting and toasting of the barley themselves right there at the brewery. This you can really taste in the freshness and full flavor of their beers. Their selection consists of a brown ale, pale ale and a red ale.

In the future Sol del Venado is not only going to brew beer and sell it through local restaurants, but they are also going to have a beer garden right there at the Brewery itself. With BBQ food, live music and a commanding view of the Vilcabamba valley with its sacred mountain Mandango.

flying_dutchman.

2. steveford1952

steveford1952 Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2016 California

Hi, I am a new member to this forum so I am very curious if the other members are friendly and willing to share information, I hope so. I am retiring in Ecuador and plan to brew beer. Can you tell me anything about acquiring brewing equipment in Ecuador ? I have considered asking my brother in law ( expert welder) in Guayaquil to help in the off chance we fabricate some to save some money. I live in San Diego CA USA and will be making more frequent trips to Ecuador in order to visit as many Brew Masters as possible. Thank you

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.