Solo Road Trip - advice

Discussion in 'US - South' started by peteboiler, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteboiler

peteboiler Initiate (147) Dec 16, 2010 Florida

My wife and I have decided to divorce and I am doing a solo road trip just to clear my head - and to drink some great brews. I live in Melbourne, Florida, and am heading North in a couple of weeks. The plan is just to stay along the coast, maybe getting as far as South Carolina. Any cities along the way that I should stop at and spend a couple of nights? Thinking of good, close, local breweries or Brew Pubs. I am thinking of 2 cities that have a great, safe atmosphere. Prefer to stay in a hotel close enough to take a cab to and from the establishments. Any advice? Thanks!

KhakCane likes this.
  2. whitekiboko

whitekiboko Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2006 South Carolina

Sorry to hear that. If you choose Charleston, there are plenty of bars near hotels. COAST, Westbrook, Holy City, etc for daily excursions. If going to Edmund's Oast I think taxis on the peninsula are 5-7$ (Don't think the rickshaws go that far north and it's about a mile above the crosstown so I don't recommend walking - never perceived it as dangerous but I'm an abnormal example. More just a really long walk).

Plus great food in the town.

KhakCane likes this.
  3. David63Olson

David63Olson Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2015 Florida

Keep your head up and your eyes on the road. Consider stopping in Savannah. I just got back from there about 10 days ago. If you do, checkout Southbound Brewery and be sure to eat (and drink) at Moon River. Savannah is a great place to visit...lots of historical sites and everything is in walking distance. Be safe and have fun.

4. HopDawg03

HopDawg03 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2015 Georgia

Sorry to hear. I would look at Jacksonville too. Green Room is right near the beach. I have also had good times and beers at Intuition and Aardwolf as well.

5. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,270) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

I really know that you need to move around and see things. I am sorry for your current issues. If you have the time and inclination, the North Carolina mountains have great beer and are inspirational in many ways. Good luck to you!

McAndrew and KhakCane like this.
  6. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,826) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Yea i'd recommend Ashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.