SoMD/DC area tasting?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Momar42, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momar42

Momar42 Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Maryland

As a resident of southern Maryland and a big beer fan, it's hard to find others willing to share and appreciate some of the bigger beers I enjoy. Would any other BA folks be interested in getting together for a tasting somewhere? Don't really have the family situation that would permit me to host it myself but would be happy to contribute beers from my stock. I have a good selection of sours and fruit/wilds along with some Westvleteren 12 I just brought back from Belgium. Also have some good stouts and BW from the grest lakes area. Just wanted to start a thread and see if there was any interest out there to broaden our respective BA buddy circles. Look forward to seeing who's interested.

2. MJC8719

MJC8719 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 District of Columbia

I'm in DC for school. I would be really interested in this. My schedule isn't always that flexible but hopefully I could attend!

3. DeutschesBier

DeutschesBier Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2009 Maryland

I'm on the Eastern Shore (Easton), and I may be up for a tasting somewhere in MD. I don't run into too many beer geeks out in these parts....

4. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

In the area, theres a group of dc area guys including some from NOVA, who occasionaly get together. I have yet to be to any tastings with them. Drabmuh and thorpe just recently had a huge one!

5. Momar42

I love to get in on the distro lists for that! I travel fairly often so I get opportunities to pick up some lesser available beers. Hope to hear from those around the area.

6. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

I'm in Rockville and interested in organizing a get together. I think finding a place to host is the issue.

7. Momar42

Yeah that is true, tho I would be willing to give the host a pass on the beer fwiw. :slight_smile:

8. Rhettroactive

Rhettroactive Pooh-Bah (2,225) Mar 28, 2009 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm apart of the NoVA tasting group(s). There are quite a few of us - the list has certainly expanded over the last year+. Typically BZero007 (Nathan) has wrangled these together, though russwbeck held one a while back.

You can always BM those guys, or hell, put one together yourself. Just post something like this and see what you get.

9. duceswild

duceswild Pooh-Bah (2,046) Feb 8, 2010 Heard & McDonald Islands
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I'd be interested in this depending on the final date that is decided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.