sour beer craft beer shops in New England?

Discussion in 'New England' started by NEIPA, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEIPA

NEIPA Initiate (91) Jul 11, 2017 Massachusetts

Love sour/wild/tart beers and wondering about best retailers in New England to find them. Talking craft beer shops, not breweries. Looking for jolly pumpkin, jester king, cascade, side project, de garde, crooked stave, hill farmstead, etc. Spirited in Lenox, MA and Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, MA being some good examples of what I’m looking for. Based in western MA but willing to go Burlington way, Portland way, Boston, NYC, Hartford, etc

2. GonzoHomebrewer

GonzoHomebrewer Devotee (483) Sep 15, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

You will not find Hill Farmstead, Side Project or De Garde outside of the breweries or the immediate area near the breweries. Jester King distributes to MA, but it is spotty at best and 99% rotationals, rarely anything fruited/limited.

3. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (364) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Provisions in Northampton had a good selection of Jester King a couple weeks back when I was there, plus a ton of other high end sours though I couldn't really tell you which ones.

If you're willing to travel a significant distance, and you're looking for Hill Farmstead... go to Hill Farmstead. It's worth the drive for no-limit $10 bottles of Arthur alone.

Davl22, mrmattosgood and NEIPA like this.
  4. ClarkVolk

ClarkVolk Initiate (17) Dec 11, 2016 Louisiana

The Beer Shop in East Longmeadow has a couple hundred different sours. Transient, Crooked Staves, Jolly Pumpkin, Idle Hands, Almanac, Cascase, etc.

5. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (369) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Outside of Yankee, Bier cellar in Portland and CBC Waterbury are the stores I seek out when I'm in the area

NEIPA likes this.
  6. wasatchback

wasatchback Disciple (372) Jan 12, 2014 Bahamas
    Trader

Saw lots of great sour and mixed fermentation beers on the shelves everywhere I stopped on this swing through New England. Jester King, Jolly Pumpkin, Cascade, Blackberry, Allagash, Oxbow, Logsdon, Fantome, De La Senne, etc etc etc etc... there are piles just about everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.