1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Sours for Dummies III ~ Pepcid's Revenge Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by merc7186, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Pundit (942) Aug 28, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Evidently. More freshies for me though!

2. merc7186

merc7186 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 New York

Technically, those would be the guys that bailed or flaked out...and that would be bad...so.....

EDIT: I am publicly outing THEMUNJOY. He missed his shipping deadline, has ignored BMs from me, hasn't been on BA for almost 10 days (no, he wasnt banned). I have been in contact with the person who was supposed to ship to him and assigned him the next target. I would like to thank that person for being understanding and helping me out...he knows who he is. Its the only way I could do this without someone getting screwed on a box that I would end up covering myself.

3. DimensionX

DimensionX Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

Sorry but I am of the opinion that many American brewers and consumers think that an otherwise bland and mediocre beer can somehow become magical by adding a superfluous amount of hops and slapping a can on it. One day I hope that the collective palate will become more nuanced and refined in order to appreciate many of the other subtle but nonetheless essential aspects that constitute a truly great beer.

Yours in perpetuity,
    DimensionX

and I'm allergic to hops:slight_frown:

smonice likes this.
  4. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Unreal. Douchebags gonna douche.

So his original sender is now sending to the BA that THEMUNJOY was supposed to send to?

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  5. merc7186

Thats correct. He had his box ready to go too but now has to backtrack for his new target, so Ive extended his deadline to the end of the month. But fear not, whoever his new target is, you are getting some good beers as he has bounced them off of me already.

beerinNV, Whatsarezaf and smonice like this.
  6. Fujii13

Fujii13 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 New York

Since no gifs or memes are allowed here... I was saying "Boo-urns".

7. fiedler84

fiedler84 Zealot (722) Dec 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I don't want to give anymore hints. Surprises are fun!

8. beerinNV

beerinNV Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2012 Nevada

Pr0n
    [​IMG]
    Bruery Bottleworks XII
    Boulevard Love Child #3
    Bruery Beauregarde
    Rivertown Lambic
    [​IMG]
    GI BCBS
    Founders KBS
    Quetsche Tilquin
    Mystery homebrew :slight_smile: Care to enlighten me? I'm always excited to try homebrew (if it's a sour even cooler)!

Thank you Jmarsh 123. Many wants were had. My kids are equally enthralled with the large box full of packing peanuts.

Cheers

9. merc7186

You got a bottle of JMarsh123 homebrew...you are in for a treat. He sent me a Peach Berliner in the first round and it was killer....ISO: JMarsh123 homebrew sours.

sandman3479 and fiedler84 like this.
  10. box_social

box_social Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2013 Oregon

i also have a hops allergy... although after moving to Portland i have downgraded it to an aversion. nothing hoppy for me and i can only drink a handful of brews before i make an unpopular refund. thank ford for good ol' whiskey.

DimensionX likes this.
  11. bignuke61

bignuke61 Crusader (402) Jan 29, 2007 California

I thought we were told in this BIF that Berliners were not sours... :rolling_eyes:

12. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

Glad you enjoyed it. Always easier when someone has Bruery wants on their list. I hit a lot of your wants from the cellar. Homebrew is a sour blonde. It definitely qualifies under merc's rules. Also I sent merc a Mango Hefeweizen soured with Jolly Pumpkin dregs. I think his brain cells are fading.

13. merc7186

Me think just goodly

14. jbdpsu82

Trader

Any new hints? I recall that a porch is supposed to get destroyed today, but where??

15. doobgoob

doobgoob Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2010 Texas

To someone who takes their address very seriously :wink:

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  16. jbdpsu82

Trader

Better safe than sorry! Don't need tons of sours showing up on someone's porch that won't appreciate them.

doobgoob likes this.
  17. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Definitely sending to a PA resident, but the last clue doesn't seem to click with me.

18. doobgoob

doobgoob Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2010 Texas

Mayyyyyyyyyybe

19. jbdpsu82

Trader

I'm assuming it's me because when giving my info I stressed Ridge Drive and not Ridge Road. Both street names exist in this town, and are close proximity. So writing the wrong one gets delivered to the other house.

ShanePB likes this.
  20. merc7186

Pics or it didnt happen...

CTJman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.