Southern Grist Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'South' started by DustyF, Feb 5, 2018.

1. DustyF

DustyF Aspirant (281) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Premium

Anybody else here going next Saturday? The guest brewery list is pretty impressive!

[​IMG]

PhilBallins likes this.
  2. jcraft29

jcraft29 Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2014 Kentucky

Im coming down from Louisville. Hell of a list. Hopefully it's not a shitshow.

3. WPZY

WPZY Initiate (82) Jan 17, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

I'm going, last year's party was awesome, not overcrowded, great guest tap list, and SGB tap list was pretty outstanding too. Also, the DDH 1st Anniversary IPA to go cans were fantastic. Hoping this year is just as good, but they did sell over twice as many tickets, not really sure of the size of the new space, but hopefully it can handle the additional people.

4. bberzina

bberzina Initiate (50) Mar 24, 2015 Tennessee
    Trader

Between a much bigger parking lot and much bigger indoor space, I'm hoping it spreads everything out like last year. The 3 Sons, Wakefield, and Garagiste lines will be a zoo, but once those kick I think it'll be laid back like last year.

DDH 1st Anny was some of the best hops I had last year. Hoping they brewed something similar for the fest.

5. WPZY

WPZY Initiate (82) Jan 17, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

My concern is the 90% chance of rain, everybody is gonna try to cram inside...

6. bberzina

bberzina Initiate (50) Mar 24, 2015 Tennessee
    Trader

That'd be fine with me as long as those FL breweries are all outside.

Large tents in the parking lot will help.

WPZY likes this.
  7. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (168) Aug 30, 2013 California

Dark beers outside, hoppy brews inside.

8. jdhops

jdhops Initiate (103) Dec 30, 2011 Tennessee

SGB did a fantastic job last year with their first anniversary party. Lines were short and it never felt crowded. This year's event will present some challenges with lots more people (750 vs. 300) and a new space. But they'll have more room and they already know the attendance. And that guest tap list . . .

9. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,158) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Premium Trader

Based on their releases, it should be a great day regardless of the size. These guys know what they are doing.

GaToWyo likes this.
  10. jcraft29

jcraft29 Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2014 Kentucky

Plus they have been guests at many Anniversary parties. I'm sure they've taken notes.

11. DustyF

Premium

I’m a little surprised we haven’t heard more info for Saturday. They’ve posted a couple pics on Instagram of some kegs being delivered but that’s about it.

Figured by now we would have the full tap list and some info on the anniversary bottle.

12. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Initiate (147) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

This is going to be my first time down there and I'm pretty excited. So they normally have something to go for the anniversary?

13. DustyF

Premium

Yes, with your ticket to the anniversary party you get unlimited pours a glass and a to go bottle.

PhilBallins likes this.
  14. SouthernGrist

SouthernGrist Initiate (36) Jul 23, 2016 Tennessee
    Industry

Hey all, glad to hear everyone is excited for this weekend! We will not only have our production warehouse and parking lot (with a large tent) open for the party, but also the new taproom - we think this will really help spread everyone out and eliminate a crowded environment... Yes, there will be portapotties, too

We announced the beer to go will be Anniversary Cake today on social media; and should have a full beer list out tomorrow, I don't think anyone will be disappointed when they see it... Can't wait to party with everyone

bberzina, jdhops, PhilBallins and 6 others like this.
  15. DustyF

Premium

[​IMG]

#15 DustyF, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  16. DustyF

Premium

Holy crap. Some awesome guest taps for sure but you guys absolutely killed it with your own beers your tapping.

Wow

PhilBallins likes this.
  17. GaToWyo

GaToWyo Aspirant (242) Feb 1, 2013 Tennessee

This tap list looks fantastic. Stay safe and dry everybody!

PhilBallins likes this.
  18. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Initiate (147) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

Everything is great, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't mix the batch one coffee and batch one German chocolate together. It's awesome.

threedaggers, Penguin and Buck89 like this.
  19. SouthernGrist

SouthernGrist Initiate (36) Jul 23, 2016 Tennessee
    Industry

Wow, yeah, just poured ourselves a little blend and we agree!... I guess we now know 1 of the beers we're gonna be pouring at Wakefest this Saturday!!! Cheers

Penguin and PhilBallins like this.
  20. DustyF

Premium

I had a blast with you guys this past weekend and looks like I’ll be seeing you guys again this coming weekend in Miami!

21. GaToWyo

GaToWyo Aspirant (242) Feb 1, 2013 Tennessee

Last Saturday was incredible! I had a blast and everyone I know had a great time.

SouthernGrist and PhilBallins like this.