Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Spiegelau IPA Glass' Good Price

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by sjc83, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sjc83

Beer Trader

2. YaKnowBrady

Personally, $19.00 for 2 ($9.50 each) for that glass, blank, is really expensive and overpriced. Considering the labeled glass from DFH or SNB is $9.00 in their online stores (yes, you pay more for shipping), and they have at least a brewery logo on them, it makes more sense to buy from the breweries. Granted, these two breweries aren't exactly hurting for support, otherwise I'd say "Support Local" blah blah blah...

It's cool that you found the unlabeled glasses in a twin set, but good price? Debatable.

I've also had zero desire to own this glass. Looks disgusting. Would prefer it with a Red Lobster logo, honestly ;)

RobertColianni, sjc83 and ufmj like this.
  3. jroberts8811

Beer Trader

Found a great deal on this last night, $10 for the SNB with a 12 oz pour of Firestone Walker Double Jack!

Awesome glass, did a side-by-side with a tulip and there's no comparison. The SNB glass simply yields a better aroma while you're drinking it.

Also, go with the SNB or DFH instead of the plain ones. The SNB has a hop leaf etched into the bottom so the beer keeps effervescing while you drink it.

4. Ubermensch26

Beer Trader

The selling point for Spiegelau glassware is both in the shape of the glasses and the quality of the glassware. I don't have one of these IPA glasses, but the price for a set of two of any of their glasses is about the same and I'm happy to pay for a quality product. Having tasted beers side by side in quality and cheap glassware, I'm more interested in the better glass than the brewery name that's printed on the side.

OP: Good find, thanks for the link.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe