Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Spiegelau IPA Glass' Good Price

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by sjc83, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjc83

sjc83 Apr 4, 2013 Ohio
    Beer Trader

2. YaKnowBrady

YaKnowBrady Jul 23, 2010 New Jersey

Personally, $19.00 for 2 ($9.50 each) for that glass, blank, is really expensive and overpriced. Considering the labeled glass from DFH or SNB is $9.00 in their online stores (yes, you pay more for shipping), and they have at least a brewery logo on them, it makes more sense to buy from the breweries. Granted, these two breweries aren't exactly hurting for support, otherwise I'd say "Support Local" blah blah blah...

It's cool that you found the unlabeled glasses in a twin set, but good price? Debatable.

I've also had zero desire to own this glass. Looks disgusting. Would prefer it with a Red Lobster logo, honestly ;)

RobertColianni, sjc83 and ufmj like this.
  3. jroberts8811

jroberts8811 Jan 19, 2013 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Found a great deal on this last night, $10 for the SNB with a 12 oz pour of Firestone Walker Double Jack!

Awesome glass, did a side-by-side with a tulip and there's no comparison. The SNB glass simply yields a better aroma while you're drinking it.

Also, go with the SNB or DFH instead of the plain ones. The SNB has a hop leaf etched into the bottom so the beer keeps effervescing while you drink it.

4. Ubermensch26

Ubermensch26 Dec 11, 2009 Kansas
    Beer Trader

The selling point for Spiegelau glassware is both in the shape of the glasses and the quality of the glassware. I don't have one of these IPA glasses, but the price for a set of two of any of their glasses is about the same and I'm happy to pay for a quality product. Having tasted beers side by side in quality and cheap glassware, I'm more interested in the better glass than the brewery name that's printed on the side.

OP: Good find, thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe