Statistics

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by liamt07, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liamt07

liamt07 Poo-Bah (2,718) Jul 26, 2009 Canada (ON)
    Society

Was wondering if some of the stats that used to be listed on our user-page will be making a comeback at some point (beers/breweries added, styles tried, states/countries tried etc)? Any chance that the depth of some of these stats could be expanded as well (styles yet to try, countries yet to try etc)?

trxxpaxxs, Duff27, dansmcd and 5 others like this.
  2. BeerFMAndy

BeerFMAndy Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2009 Wisconsin

Hear hear. I've been wondering the same thing.

Duff27 likes this.
  3. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Poo-Bah (10,248) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

Or even stats such as the number of beers per style/state/country as well. I would find those very interesting if they showed the total available for each as well.

4. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Canada (QC)

Did you also want collectible cards with those stats! :grinning: haha

[​IMG]

aasher, DavoleBomb and liamt07 like this.
  5. woosterbill

woosterbill Poo-Bah (3,051) Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Society

I too am feeling some stat withdrawal as the site update process drags on. I can't wait for the old BA and the new BA Community to be fully integrated - I'm sure it'll be amazing.

6. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Canada (QC)

Yeah that's all that is missing at this point.

7. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (3,011) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Waiting on this as well...had karma points goals for the year!

Also have been submitting reviews, place reviews, etc. Trying also to hit all the styles and US states...grow my countries-tried list, etc. Yeah it's (beer) geeky but it's kinda fun.

trxxpaxxs, dansmcd and BBThunderbolt like this.
  8. liamt07

liamt07 Poo-Bah (2,718) Jul 26, 2009 Canada (ON)
    Society

Racking up Karma points wasn't the basis for my original post, but it would be nice to see how many states/provinces/countries/styles I've consumed. I'd certainly love to see these stats return in some form.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  9. papat444

papat444 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2006 Canada (QC)

From what i gather from their messages, the points will be in another form but still linked to contributions to the site. I'm pretty sure the stats will come back. I'd be surprised if they did away with that. I'm a geek too so looking forward to seeing those back.

Duff27 likes this.
  10. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Todd has stated when I posted about losing my icon. I was almost to a frothy mug, that they are doing a new point system and arent doing away with it, but all items are still being tracked, just trying to find a way to combine them all.

Cheers!

zeff80 likes this.
  11. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (15,195) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Society

I know how you all feel. My OCD brain needs the stats back. I hope it is integrated soon.

12. WankelEngine

WankelEngine Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2011 Illinois

I feel like it would be pretty easy to add the in depth stats about number of each style tried, styles yet to try, states/countries tried/left to try. Also, I'd love to know how many beers I've had from each brewery. Hell, if I knew a little bit more about programming I could almost make a program to do this that would just gleam the information for the user pages since I could figure this all out manually (it'd just be a monotonous pain in the ass). Please add these stat features!

13. dansmcd

dansmcd Meyvn (1,088) Dec 19, 2010 Australia

Anyone have any news on this? It seems like forever since my beloved beer stats disappeared. I was working on reviewing all the styles, and have seriously lost momentum since I'm not sure what I haven't ticked off yet.

14. Todd

Todd Founder (6,681) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

User stats will be coming back. We've mentioned this in multiple announcements.

http://beeradvocate.com/community/forums/announcements.49/

However please note that we're in the planning stages of a site redesign. Our focus is on this, which includes user stats.

Thanks for your patience. We'll get there and when we do BA will be better than ever.

Cheers!

psuKinger and sommersb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.