Stone Enjoy By 10.31.16 Tangerine IPA

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by JasonJYoung, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonJYoung

JasonJYoung Initiate (96) Jan 7, 2015 Washington
    Trader

The next round of STONE ENJOY BY 10.31.16 TANGERINE IPA released today.

Oh please shock everyone and go the Hazy, New-England Style route on this one......

In all seriousness, Stone could definitely pull this off on a grand scale. Hey, nobody thought Lagunitas Principal Owner Tony Magee would change his mind on canned beer.

CrescentMoon83 and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  2. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2012 Pennsylvania

Pretty sure they released this earlier this year or late last year.

3. JasonJYoung

JasonJYoung Initiate (96) Jan 7, 2015 Washington
    Trader

@Shmuffalo, yes I was just hoping this next round of Tangerine would get a little hazier :slight_smile:

I personally liked both the May & July editions of the Stone Enjoy By Tangerine.

4. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Time to make some room in the beer fridge for these bad boys.

JasonJYoung likes this.
  5. darklord2011

darklord2011 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 Indiana

Over rated, over priced.

Badfish, ELS, CMLinder and 1 other person like this.
  6. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

I think that was released early this year and it was great. Pretty awesome we get a second helping of it, and in a six pack. Stone Loves us all and just wants us to be happy hahahaha cheers BA

EchoesZ, ebin6 and StoneBrewing like this.
  7. craftynectars

craftynectars Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2010 Michigan

I wish I had them to compare side to side to see if they altered the recipe at all. That being said, I don't really care, this is an amazingly delicious brew!

8. Wolfhead

Wolfhead Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2009 Illinois

It's good, not great, think Sculpin, Orange Sculpin but stronger
    I would buy again but not at $15.00 $10.00 yes,
    I just have a problem with $15 sixers although at 9.4% it packs a whallop

9. AJmon13

AJmon13 Initiate (0) May 9, 2014 Ohio

Great beer, just don't think the Tangerine is necessarily a worthwhile edition to the Enjoy by Lineup. I'll take my "regular" Enjoy by or Unfiltered over this any day.

10. ebin6

ebin6 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2009 California

Thank you for continuing to shift to 6-packs Stone. This is one of the best deals in the beer world! Next year, Since
    Stone IRS in 6-packs???

11. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,692) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

You can get the orange citrus hit using Centennial hops. I'd suppose what you would get might be the cousin of Two Hearted Ale, or Founders Centennial.

EchoesZ likes this.
  12. StoneBrewing

StoneBrewing Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 California

Glad you're able to track down the 6-packs on this one! No current plans for 6-pack release of Stone Imperial Russian Stout, but we'll be sure to let you know if and when we do.

-David P

ebin6, AZBeerDude72 and ECOBOOSTINST like this.
  13. PapasDelicateCondition

PapasDelicateCondition Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2016 New York

This was the worst in the Enjoy By series to me.

Badfish likes this.
  14. AZBeerDude72

I am drinking this one right now and really like it. Very good blend of flavors, to me this is one dam good beer.
    Cheers to Stone....
    [​IMG]

EchoesZ likes this.
  15. AZBeerDude72

I really enjoy the Tangerine on this one, was not sure if I would but man it really works well.

16. beermeplz

beermeplz Aspirant (278) Feb 13, 2015 California

i wasn't a big fan of this last time around but am absolutely loving this release...so damn flavorful, great stuff

17. akolb

akolb Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2015 Colorado
    Deactivated

Just grabbed a six pack today. I prefer the six pack format so much more than bombers.

18. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (2,688) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Society

Says the guy with a Dark Lord avatar/screenname.

Curmunchkin, sgudino and BDCannon like this.
  19. BasterdInABasket

BasterdInABasket Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 Wisconsin

Honestly wouldn't be able pick out that it was a tangerine IPA but at almost 10% this is one of the most drinkable double IPAs I've had.. woulda guess it was closer to 7% if I was trying it blind. Really been digging the last few enjoy by releases.

Tmwright7, CMLinder and StoneBrewing like this.
  20. croush

croush Crusader (798) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I had a few of these over the weekend. An enjoyable beer, but nothing that stands out (which is just plain hard to do nowadays with so many options out there). I won't go grabbing another 6 pack, but it's something I'd be fine drinking if it's on a menu somewhere.

21. msscott1973

msscott1973 Devotee (432) Dec 28, 2013 North Carolina

I am enjoying this tangerine variant more than the one that came out last spring.

22. akolb

Deactivated

This beer is criminally easy to drink. It goes down faster and easier than most 7% IPAs. I like it, but not as much as regular or unfiltered Enjoy By's. It doesn't quite have the bitter edge that I love.

23. Blutz

Blutz Initiate (91) Mar 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

I'm really loving these Enjoy By releases, and this one is no exception. I really appreciate the fact that the tangerine doesn't bowl you over and is more of a suggestion than simply a flavored-version of the base beer.

The only con I can think of is their price point - about $17 - $18 a sixer in SE Michigan.

24. GreatStoutman

GreatStoutman Crusader (751) Jan 5, 2016 Texas
    Trader

Woof... I've seen it around 15-16 most places in Austin, but plenty of places have it at $12.99

25. manillaroad

manillaroad Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2016 Florida

$7.39 here for a bomber. I wouldn't call it overpriced, even though I prefer some of the other Enjoy By beers more than this offering.

26. akolb

Deactivated

Drinking the 3rd bottle currently and I like it a good bit better than the first two. Up there with the rest of the Enjoy By beers.

27. darklord2011

So Dark Lord is over rated and over priced? Please share your feelings, I'm curious to hear your insight on Dark Lord.

28. ELS

ELS Devotee (422) Apr 22, 2012 Florida
    Trader

I drank one bottle of the six pack and returned the other five to the store. Only the second time I've done that in the last 14 years. At $16 plus tax for a six pack, I'm not drinking the other five bottles if I didn't like the first. Needless to say, I was greatly disappointed by this beer. it just wasn't for me.

Badfish likes this.
  29. manillaroad

It's pretty obvious that you just want to argue with people. Maybe you should do something producive.

30. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,958) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Really enjoyed this brew.

Cheers!

31. darklord2011

Why don't you do something productive and mind your own business.

32. manillaroad

You're the one posting on a public beer discussion website. Expect people to reply to your public posts. Sorry that people see through your attempts to argue about beer on the internet.

You can send someone a private message if you desire exclusivity for your intimate discussion of fermented grain.

Also, questions don't end with a period, kiddo.

croush and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  33. AZBeerDude72

Just finished the last of my 10-31-16 and really enjoyed it, thought it was a good batch for sure. Time for some new ones.
    Cheers Stone!

34. waltari

waltari Initiate (68) Jan 28, 2016 Georgia

Is it just me or did this batch get a wider distro than the previous ones? I can still find it at several stores.

35. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (351) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

There seems to be more around. But my local source was down to 4 singles this past weekend. I really like the unique Enjoy By concept. Great big numbers up front regarding freshness, they rotate the varieties, and offer bombers and singles. Oh, and it's outstanding beer, as well. This is the third Tangerine this year, and instead of a sixer, I bought two singles. Some bought for the novelty, and won't repeat. Some will load up. I bet Stone is really trying hard to dial in the demand. November is the Regular and December repeats the Unfiltered, which disappeared post haste the first time. Hopefully, Stone makes more and we won't have to hustle to grab some. I got one single from batch #1. As long as they keep up the Regular Enjoy By, I believe I'll keep buying. And when the vary off Regular, I'm game, for at least once. It's a buyers market. We will set the demand, and they will adjust the supply. As it should be.

36. Chimpy

Chimpy Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2016 California

Very good stuff.

37. Vandy21

Vandy21 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2016 Iowa

Picked up a bottle in SW Iowa on November 1 for $5. Was put in the clearance section cause of the date. But it was bottled on 9/27 and to be drank in 37 days. Worked out well for me. Delicious.

manillaroad likes this.
  38. darklord2011

Ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.