Stone Limited Edition Mixed 4 Pack of 22oz Bombers

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by PlayaPlaya, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (822) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Decent idea and it sounds like the price is decent, can't see why I wouldn't buy this for a party or something. And usually I'm not too fond of Stone's "gimmicks".

2. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Meyvn (1,485) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska
    Trader

Yeah, per an earlier post, I just wasn't really thinking it through very well. Based on the last few posts around here, looks like it's going to be under $20, which certainly makes it worth it (assuming you like all four brews), especially with the IRS in there.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  3. RangnaR

RangnaR Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 California

That's kind of the same thing I was getting at, as well... You get a lot of these "yawn"-type responses from people. SN releases a 4-way IPA pack, and they say why not put something else in there. Stone releases a 4-pack that contains an IPA, an American Black Ale, an American Strong Ale, and a Russian Imperial Stout, and that's no good, either? Probably from some of the same people that proclaim all Stone does is IPAs...

4. ClemsonMike

ClemsonMike Initiate (95) Aug 13, 2010 South Carolina

Just picked up two of these at Costco in Myrtle Beach for $16.99 each. Nice packaging, dated (drink by), very good beers, and good pricing. A real winner by Stone IMO.

5. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Meyvn (1,120) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

Hoppy beers and imperial stouts are kind of EVERYONE'S strengths. Check the ratings.

And "lagers" are hardly every style. A lager is a huge segment of beer.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian Initiate (127) Dec 9, 2012 California

My local Costco had it for $14.99 ... I assume that is the price at all of them in SoCal. Awesome price and I like all four beers, so I picked one up.

7. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 Initiate (0) May 29, 2012 Illinois

That part of the description looks like it's wrong. I have seen it in the store though and there were in fact 4 bombers in the one I saw. I'm just not that big of a fan of Arrogant Bastard and Sublimely Self Righteous... but I almost bought one

8. isenblatter

isenblatter Initiate (126) Apr 8, 2006 Indiana

Picked them up for $16 each after tax tonight.

9. WillyB123

WillyB123 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 California

i just saw it for 13.99 at the costco in sf. They may not be super exciting beers, but all four of the beers are solid (assuming you like that aggressive bitterness) and they are so friggn cheap. It's 3.50 per bomber for God's sake. That's insanely cheap and an absolutely amazing deal for what you are getting. You might not tick in any new beers, but I do declare that this pricing is the best.

10. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Florida

I agree that it's a BADASS gift idea for the casual craft beer drinker.

11. cg123

cg123 Initiate (93) Feb 27, 2012 Ohio

Pretty sure I saw it at Costco, in Ohio, for $19.99. Not as good a deal as other markets but definitely still a bargin compared to buying them individually.

12. benloho

benloho Zealot (525) Jan 4, 2011 Utah
    Trader

I actually purchased this awesome 4-pack at Costco 2 weeks ago. This pack comes with ABA, IPA, Sublimely Self-Righteous, and the 2014 RIS. For $15.99! What an awesome deal! Especially since RIS costs more than half this price in stores here.

Not sure if that is the price everywhere this is being sold, but I can tell you our Costco here sells them for $15.99.

13. LambicPentameter

Trader

I saw it at my local Costco for that exact price yesterday. Although in their four-pack, I think it was Arrogant Bastard, Smoked Porter, Imperial Russian Stout and Stone IPA. With Sublimely Self-Righteous, I would have grabbed one in a heartbeat. But with Smoked Porter, I was not interested. Even though $16 for three Stone bombers isn't too bad.

14. rather

rather Aspirant (202) May 31, 2013 California

costco made their own 4 pack?

15. LambicPentameter

Trader

Well, that's an interesting question. It didn't have the exact same cardboard packaging that is shown on the Stone sales materials site that is quoted in the OP, but I'm absolutely positive that Smoked Porter was one of the bottles listed in the package.

So, I don't know. Maybe it's a second version of the same item?

Interestingly enough, I just did a google search for more information and found evidence that some Costcos have a bomber 8-pack with 2 Arrogant Bastards, 2 Stone IPA's, 2 Stone Smoked Porter's, 1 Ruination Ale and 1 Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale. So maybe my Costco had a different variation. Now I may have to stop by again to resolve my confusion.

16. gmendez1122

gmendez1122 Aspirant (231) Feb 7, 2013 Illinois

whats so limited about 4 unlimited beers in a limited edition package?

17. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

Stone IRS is now unlimited? Wow, I was unaware. Link?

O wait, you're wrong.

18. Sergio

Sergio Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 California

I work at a BevMo in LA and we got the pack but it includes the Stochasticity Grapefruit, IRS, IPA, and Arrogant Bastard for 17.99. no Sublimely Self Righteous. Pretty good deal, IMO.

19. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2011 Virginia

Got this today at my local costco in VA for $17! Steal of the day? Yes please!

20. BJRHOMEBREW

BJRHOMEBREW Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2008 Ohio

Costco is the only place I have seen these. Price point was not bad around $20 I think.

21. RandyV

RandyV Initiate (157) Aug 8, 2010 Arizona

+1 on that, couldn't agree more.

22. Boca-X

Boca-X Zealot (529) Jan 21, 2014 Missouri

I pay $3.99 for IPA & Bastard all the time?

23. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

Anyone else finding that some mix packs are falling under the DIY re-mixing? I was at a costco today and saw a pack with 2 IPA's and no Self Righteous. One pack had 2 IRS in it. I'm sure that some folks have been "re-mixing" what their desired 4 pack of beers would be. Really throws it off for everyone else.

24. FoamInnovation

FoamInnovation Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2013 Washington

This is the same BMRs they already sell, in a different package. And there is a huge amount of discussion....about a different package.
    I am not bashing anyone here, or those interested in buying this, but it reminds me of when the Bud guy tells me they have a "new item" and shows me Budweiser in a 8oz can.

25. opwog

opwog Zealot (580) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

ISO

rather and fehrminator like this.
  26. Tsar_Riga

Tsar_Riga Poo-Bah (2,183) Sep 9, 2013 Indiana

Picked up two at the local Costco today for just shy of $16 each. I'd have paid well over $25 for the individual bombers, so I got $50 worth of beer for less than $32. Pretty damn good deal - hope Stone does more of these.

27. mcrago

mcrago Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 Indiana

Three Floyds should take note of this. Just don't sell the damn box for $40!

28. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Defender (655) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

I'm not so new to craft beer, but the only Stone offerings have been the speciality brews, not the standards. The pricing and variety of this 4 pack is telling me it's time to try them.

29. EMB1960

EMB1960 Initiate (82) Feb 12, 2014 North Carolina

$13.00 at Costco in Charlotte/Matthews area.

30. mrchrisray

mrchrisray Disciple (355) May 14, 2013 Ohio

$16 and change at Costco in Brooklyn, not a bad deal. They also had a case of SN mixed IPA's for $28, which was an even better deal...but I picked up the stone b/c I wanted another IRS.

31. humuloner22

humuloner22 Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 North Carolina

Don't we all like to brag about how cheap we got these. I lucked up today, a grocery chain had this one priced incorrectly for $10.99. Total score. I should have taken them all, but I don't care much for stouts and others should be able to get in on this mistake, before they correct the problem.

32. rhowcow

rhowcow Initiate (27) Nov 13, 2009 Minnesota

I have purchased 5 of these in the past 2 months. Worth it for the RIS alone. After paying $20 for Surly Darkness here in MN, this is a bargain.

33. johnInLA

johnInLA Champion (865) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society

Looks like another one is one the way.

http://ow.ly/i/5sP7I

Ruinten, Ruination, Sublimely Self -Righteous, and a fourth one that I can't see in the picture.

34. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Defender (620) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

RuinTen!

I wonder if that will be the only way to acquire that beer this year, is by purchasing the mixed 4pk?

35. TastefulNudity

TastefulNudity Initiate (0) May 7, 2013 California

Buying SO many of these

36. rather

rather Aspirant (202) May 31, 2013 California

hope not, like IRS in the last pack it was available solo but it's probably more cost effective to buy the mix pack. even better would be 4pack of 12oz but that's not gonna happen

37. Boca-X

Boca-X Zealot (529) Jan 21, 2014 Missouri

I haven't seen the bomber 4 pack yet but I did see this at my local grocery store today for the first time...$19.99...price is right and more OZs in smaller packages...no stout...

[​IMG]

#117 Boca-X, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  38. StLeasy

StLeasy Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2013 Illinois

While those are still (IMO) drinking great, they were drinking REALLY great when they showed up here about a month ago. Needless to say I bought a few.. :stuck_out_tongue: Great beers for about 2/3 regular price.
    [​IMG]

Almost all gone now, though :slight_frown: Can't wait for the next fresh batch to show up around here.

39. Ramana

Ramana Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2014 Minnesota

I got this yesterday in MN for $9.97, such a crazy deal but apparently it means the 4 pack is being discontinued. (At least at this store.) My first time having self righteous, it didn't disappoint.

StLeasy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.