Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Stone Tap Takeover (Central Valley California)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Beer_Hunter, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer_Hunter

Beer_Hunter Feb 8, 2013 California

I just read online that there's a place in Turlock California called "10 EAST Kitchen & Tap House" doing a Stone TT on Wednesday 5/1! Their facebook page says that they'll have 18 of their beers on tap and has a list of the stuff they'll have available. I was hoping for some older Verticles (since I've never tried any of the ones before 09.09.09) but I'm really looking forward to tasting the Double Dry Hopped Ruination and the french oaked Old Guardian. Either way, it's awesome to have something like this in my area! Normally I have to go to the bay area for these things. Their normal beer list is pretty killer too. I've never seen Ballast Point on tap in the valley, but somehow they have it.

2. mlaroche

mlaroche Sep 25, 2005 California
    Beer Trader

Does that smell like astroturfing to anyone else?

3. jtmartino

jtmartino Dec 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Welcome to BA.

4. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

Welcome to BA.

5. SaigonDaze

SaigonDaze Dec 24, 2012 California

I remember when Churchill's did a Stone tap takeover a few years ago. They'll never do that again. Guessing it will be much more successful at this location.

6. Beer_Hunter

What happened at that one?

7. Beer_Hunter

Thanks for the kind welcome, also. I've been coming here to check out various beers for a long time but haven't had much to mention. I live in a market de-void of any actual taste. Heineken is considered an A+ craft beer in my region.

8. SaigonDaze

SaigonDaze Dec 24, 2012 California

Most of the regulars there don't like many of the Stone beers (with the exception of IRS and Ruination) so they just couldn't get rid of a lot of them. So most of their 50 taps were stuck with Stone for a few weeks.

9. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Nov 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

You just need to know where to look. Dustbowl is a block up from 10 east.

The Stone tap take over was great btw.

11.11.11, 12.12.12, The Perfect Crime, And The double dry hopped Ruination
    [​IMG]

Sublimely Self-Righteous,SSR espresso, IRS, IRS espresso
    [​IMG]

Did you attend ? Was nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe