Strangest Thing You've Seen Someone Do to Their Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Immortale25, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongrel

Mongrel Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland

Strangely enough, in college we used "nose grease" to help dissipate that that meddlesome head after a bad keg pour. You would wipe the oil off the side of your nose with your fingertip and swirl it around the foamy beer. And it DID work!

joshdaut likes this.
  2. jlsims04

jlsims04 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Gives the beer more nuecliation points thus increasing the carbonation. I know nuecliation is probably spelled horribly wrong.

3. jlsims04

jlsims04 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Thats a piss poor time lol.

riverlen likes this.
  4. AintNoTele

AintNoTele Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 South Carolina

My buddy makes brass monkeys out of Golden Monkey and OJ. It's actually pretty damn good

5. FoamInnovation

FoamInnovation Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2013 Washington

Hmm, probably the bashing of a beer that makes people happy would be the strangest thing I have seen folks do.
    By all means, offer to expand folks' horizons, but why criticize what makes them happy?

6. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

Serve a beer in a thick frozen mug - the kind that were all the rage in the 70s & 80s.

7. gyoungit

gyoungit Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2014 New Mexico

beermosa's:
    La Follie orange juice and Lime squeeze is nice
    A hefeweizen with grapefruit juice, Lemonade, or limeade- homemade radler

BCBS with a double shot of Jameson was a terrible idea haha (and a rough morning)

I am interested in creating variants of BCBS with a french press.

8. jsrose16

jsrose16 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2014 Illinois

The classic college concoction "Summer Beer"

Pour one tube of frozen lemonade concentrate in a jug, then fill that tube with Vodka to get the excess concentrate out and pour that all in the jug. Then mix that with 24 pk of lite beer.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  9. Treyliff

Treyliff Grand Pooh-Bah (4,711) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A co-worker salts his beers before drinking them, a few shakes right on top.

10. Raime

Raime Pooh-Bah (1,935) Jun 4, 2012 Korea (North)
    Pooh-Bah

Seen a guy pour Bud Light into a glass of Popov vodka once. Told me he calls this one " the struggle ".

11. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Pooh-Bah (1,700) Jan 19, 2013 Canada (NB)

My Grandfather always put salt in his beer.

WellRested518 likes this.
  12. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm not sure if it's the strangest, but it's one of the first things that came to my mind....

Beerios.

Bowl of cheerios with beer instead of milk. My buddy ate it. I didn't eat it and am still really glad I didn't eat it.

13. TWStandley

TWStandley Pooh-Bah (2,092) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I was out to dinner during a business trip with this guy from one of our vendors. He was talking all day about how he was a beer guy so I picked out a restaurant that had a solid tap list. Guy went and ordered Labatt and then proceeded to take the ice from his ice water and put it in the beer along with a dash of say. Strange. I just kind of sat there astonished but didn't say anything - to each his own.

14. TheGator321

TheGator321 Initiate (0) May 29, 2013 Connecticut

I swirl my beers too. lol

15. MrOH

MrOH Grand Pooh-Bah (3,331) Jul 5, 2010 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

I often add gin to IPAs and bourbon to stouts. I don't know what y'all's problem is

16. TheGator321

TheGator321 Initiate (0) May 29, 2013 Connecticut

I have used Old Chub by Dales, Bud, Bud light, yuengling, seahag and rolling rock. I would not reccomend the old chub. lol

Buck89 likes this.
  17. HopsDubosc

HopsDubosc Pundit (791) Apr 24, 2015 Vermont

Last year I headed to the bar right after getting some fillings at the dentist. My mouth was still completely numbed out from the Novocaine so I decided to drink my Heady with a straw rather than risk dribbling it from the can. Probably the only time the bartender saw that.

18. torihf

torihf Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2015 Minnesota

I was at a restaurant a few days ago and I saw a lady at the bar order a Mich Golden Light, a shot of espresso and lemon wedges. She proceeded to pour the espresso in the beer and squeeze the lemon into the beer.
    I just got really confused, but then when she ordered another one I was intrigued.
    Has anyone tried this?
    I like coffee beers, but the lemon wedges threw me. I was also confused about the Mich Golden Light, but the least hoppy beer the place sold on tap was either that or Peroni.

19. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

strangest thing ive ever seen someone do with beer?

Amass a large amount of it and hide it away in a cool dark place like tropies, never to be drank, just talked about...

20. rmank

rmank Savant (1,117) Mar 26, 2012 South Carolina

butt chug it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.