Suarez Family Brewery (2020)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by mkurylko, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Mipper

Mipper Aspirant (245) Dec 14, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I was going to drive up, but the 2 bottles that I wanted most sold out will filling out payment info.......

I cancelled my order and will make the trip up another time.

ColdOne likes this.
  2. IGaveYouPower

IGaveYouPower Initiate (178) Dec 2, 2010 New York

I've definitely refreshed every five minutes for the last hour or so and got 404's every time. Bummer.

3. kthoag

kthoag Disciple (305) May 21, 2012 New York
    Trader

I can't tell if this is a joke or not bc I just looked and I don't see ups mentioned. I feel gaslit!!!

4. RauchbierFan33

RauchbierFan33 Initiate (78) May 27, 2019 New York
    Trader

I mentioned it. Plus two guys - who were the two I would have bet money on not having gone to college before all this went down - claimed they worked there during college

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (246) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

I guess we know who @kthoag has decided to block.

frozyn, tzieser and RauchbierFan33 like this.
  6. Tallerboy

Tallerboy Initiate (126) Jun 17, 2017 New York
    Trader

Fuck you!

7. Tallerboy

Trader

Loading trucks truly sucked but my numbers brain was good at remembering zip codes, sorting was much easier and not so bad.

guinness77 likes this.
  8. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,375) Jan 6, 2014 New York

I wouldn’t blame anyone for blocking me. I am kind of an asshole.

9. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,142) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

A guy I work with still has some form of post traumatic stress from working a Christmas shift at UPS like 15 years ago. When he talks about
    it he gets the thousand yard stare, the whole bit.

The stores I’ve heard; they should be honored like warriors.

RauchbierFan33 and guinness77 like this.
  10. guinness77

You could be referring to me.

Everything they show you in your intro video is bullshit. I must have loaded more than 1300 packages in a little less than 4 hours like my 2nd day there and that became normal for me. That job kicked my ass and, like I said earlier, I realized I was making more delivering food than working there.

@RauchbierFan33 I have a 2-year degree and a 4-year degree, and....they mean absolutely nothing now.

11. kthoag

kthoag Disciple (305) May 21, 2012 New York
    Trader

Hmmmm I don't believe you. Just kidding. Also, my email receipt said UPS on it.

I need a drink tbh

12. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (258) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

I did 2 weeks at UPS loading trucks in Atlanta. What a nightmare. Just the exhaust alone, I'd go home and blow my nose and it would be black. Technically you were supposed to get help with boxes over a certain weight, but in practice nobody really wanted to help and everyone just sucked it up. No thanks!

13. RauchbierFan33

RauchbierFan33 Initiate (78) May 27, 2019 New York
    Trader

What degree were you pursuing at the time?

ColdOne and tzieser like this.
  14. Tallerboy

Trader

Thought you would have hung with teamsters in North Dakota? You sound like some classist English prick.

15. guinness77

Lololol. I remember there was this spot with “over-sized” boxes that weren’t put on the belt but put directly in that spot right next to the stairs below the truck you’re working on. You weren’t supposed to load them alone. I had 3 boxes one night, one of my first nights, and I asked my boss, when’s my help coming for these boxes? He just laughed and told me good luck.

ColdOne likes this.
  16. jp_4

jp_4 Initiate (52) Jan 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Great trip from NJ to pick up the goods today. Didn’t feel the same not being able to enjoy some pours and relax, but thankful to have brought home quite a bit of greatness!

17. Tallerboy

Trader

The move was "I wanna talk to my shop steward."

"Nah, I help you."

"No, now I really wanna talk my shop steward."

The shop steward was some dude making $30 a hour sorting the legal document envelopes. They didn't want to pull him off his kush gig to fill out paper work, so the help came.

I'll buy Jimmy Hoffa a beer in hell when this all done and talk about how much blacker the boogers are down there vs up here.

tzieser likes this.
  18. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (258) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Lol

Creative writing

cavedave, tzieser and RauchbierFan33 like this.