Suggestions in/near The Woodlands, TX?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by CNRowland, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNRowland

CNRowland Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2015 Illinois

I'll be attending a conference in The Woodlands next week (Tues thru Fri), and was wondering if there are any craft beer shops or breweries in the area that are worth visiting. I won't have a car, but I'd definitely grab an Uber within a reasonable distance.

I live in Chicago and recently moved from St. Louis, so I have plenty of Bourbon County, Side Project, etc. If anyone is interested in setting up a share or trade, feel free shoot me a PM!

Thanks in advance and cheers!

2. TXhomebrewer

TXhomebrewer Disciple (314) Dec 4, 2010 Texas

Whole Foods will be your best bet. 24 taps and a decent selection of cans and bottles. They also fill growlers. Next spot would be hop scholar. They also fill growlers.

No breweries really close by but just north in conroe is B-52 and southern star. Everything else would probably be to far/expensive to uber.

CNRowland likes this.
  3. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,867) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

Yeah, not a lot in the immediate area, outside of Whole Foods, The Goose's Acre is a decent pseudo Irish Pub, with some selection. Which should have some locals, but don't expect too much beer wise there, also Local Pour and CRISP have locations out there which are not bad beer bars. Conroe has a surprising amount of good stuff in the area and Spring has a few places. Though both are a bit of a drive.

CNRowland likes this.
  4. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,982) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

I would uber to Southern Star, I was there briefly last month and it was pretty nice and they had a good selection of their beers on tap (tropic theory is worth). B-52 is out if you are cutting out on Friday. Copperhead is open Tues - Friday 4 to 7, so if you have an early day, might be worth it, Striker IPA is good, Medusa Quad is really good. WF is solid, you can check them out on taphunter along with some other places. Hop Scholar has their taps listed at untappd. Fieldings Wood Grill is a pretty good place to grab food and beer. There is also an HEB over close to where you are probably located that has a decent beer selection, you can grab some Yellow Rose for the room, probably uber fresh. Enjoy your stay

CNRowland likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.