Surly Canning Date

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by bucky10, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucky10

bucky10 Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2010 Minnesota

Did Surly stop stamping the canning date on the bottom of its cans? Was just at a store and all the Furious cans had no date.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, did not find the topic in any search.

2. MNPikey

MNPikey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I asked recently in regards to Abrasive and Todd responded that the date coder was a PITA and not always working.

MasterChief likes this.
  3. jera1350

jera1350 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,017) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

I think the machine misses sometimes. If I recall correctly, Todd has mentioned that in another post here previously. I've seen some cans with no dates before too.

If your buying from a good beer store, they should have good enough turnover where you don't need to worry much about dates on Surly cans.

4. loudmouth

loudmouth Initiate (0) May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Their date stamper must have taken a dump again. We just received undated Furious today, so if you find it without a date that's what they're sending out now that's the freshest.

Chaz likes this.
  5. Expedition

Expedition Devotee (338) Mar 10, 2010 Minnesota

I order Furious every week and it seems like every other it is not dated. Most is pretty fresh and you shouldn't have to worry about it much in Mpls/St. Paul. Still a huge demand for this guy.

6. MasterChief

MasterChief Initiate (0) May 18, 2006 Minnesota

It's true! the way our canning line feeds cans presents a problem for the date coder AND the date coder is a little bitch most of the time!I did have it running yesterday and we still stamp the case packs when the coder is down FYI.

MacQ32 and DoctorRock like this.
  7. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 Minnesota

The man has spoken...

8. MBrausen

MBrausen Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Minnesota

Now that that is once again settled, can we discuss what Surly 27 will be?

I think a authentic German Lager pitched with wild yeast aged on peaches,set to aged for 5 years in the Sawtooth mountain range of the Nunavut region of Canada, guarded by sentinel helicopters, and would require Todd to take a monthly trip via hang glider (powered vehicles would set off the themo-sensors and be gunned down) to check on the beer.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  9. loudmouth

loudmouth Initiate (0) May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Good to know the date is on the (kick ass new Surly logo'd) flat boxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.