Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Surly Seven

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by repivk, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. repivk

repivk Dec 8, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Todd and crew are about to "desecrate some trappist bullshit". My prediction may be right, could be a quad in the works? Regardless I'm eagerly awaiting the day...
  2. 46and2

46and2 Mar 28, 2008 Minnesota

I heard Eight is going to have a tap line coming out the bottom of every bottle because when you turn the Eight on it's side it becomes an INFINITY and the beer just never stops flowing.
    Lordsloth, wapavz and MBrausen like this.
  3. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Mar 26, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

My bet is they've already begun the desecration!
  4. repivk

repivk Dec 8, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Touché mr salesmen, I didn't see that thread.
  5. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I forgot to add a smiley face to show that I was not being a douche. I just wanted to make sure we didn't have two threads going about this at the same time. Cheers!
  6. wapavz

wapavz Nov 17, 2012 Minnesota

Just wanted to say Fucking awesome profile pic and profile name. Those two bands are fucking awesome!! T-7 days till Meshuggah come and plays here in MN!!! :D \m/
  7. Philly82785

Philly82785 Dec 17, 2008 Minnesota

Todd told me last night that it's not a Quad. It will be like you mentioned a Trappist style, similar to a blonde Belgian strong ale at 12%
  8. Revenant

Revenant Aug 8, 2012 Minnesota

Glad it's not a Quad.
  9. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Bummed it's not a Quad.
  10. feloniousmonk

feloniousmonk Nov 14, 2002 Minnesota

Quad it's quad a quad.
  11. MBrausen

MBrausen May 24, 2011 Minnesota

I heard that Surly Ate will be a Lambic Stout, using hops only grown in the highest mountains of New Zeland by little people standing no taller than 4'2". Only their delicate touch can handle such fine cones of gold.
    feloniousmonk and stealth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!