Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Surly Two

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by ryanfolty, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanfolty

ryanfolty Jul 17, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Anyone around town (Minneapolis) still have a bottle of Surly Two? I don't think I will have the fortune of stumbling upon it on tap, so figured I would give this a shot. I am open to a trade or bringing something from my cellar to do a tasting.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

you think Surly 4 or Darkness 7 is hard to find. Nobody wants to let looe of this Cranberrie madness. Either the drain or the cellar. Props to Feloniousmonk, who drew the artwork.

Ungertaker likes this.
  3. ryanfolty

Beer Trader

Yeah, I know it is a long shot, but you never know unless you try.

4. feloniousmonk

feloniousmonk Nov 14, 2002 Minnesota

Not the drain, my friend, not at all. I drank my last bottle, but I've since come into another. I can't wait to try it in another 6 months ago. And thanks for the props, pal!

5. feloniousmonk

Darkness 2007, though, is far gone. Still ago, but not transplendent.

6. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Nov 4, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Last year at the great taste of the Midwest in Madison, Surly had it to try. It was awesome. They may bring it out again to a beer fest somewhere...

7. ryanfolty

Beer Trader

8. SourNotes

SourNotes Nov 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I know some people that have a bottle.

9. evilcatfish

evilcatfish May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I've wanted a Four for quite some time with no luck, good luck on the Two.

The artwork on Four is probably the coolest bottle art I've ever seen BTW

jatut likes this.
  10. feloniousmonk

11. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Jul 15, 2008 Minnesota

12. theCoder

theCoder Oct 24, 2011 Minnesota
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Man I wish I had known 4 was going to be so insanely sought after, I woulda traded mine off. I opened it uh... about a year and a half after release or something like that and thought it aged like ass so I gave the rest to my friend. To each there own I suppose, but that thing was wonderful fresh (I will be honest I enjoy very few milk stouts, they have to be quite something special for me to like, same with oatmeal stouts, but 4 fresh was amazing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe