Surly Wet Release

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by copslovebeer, Sep 5, 2012.

1. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Mar 26, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Looks to be the last week in September, on or close to the 24th. Also mentions that it will be showcasing the Simcoe hop this year. Yum!

2. hardy008

hardy008 Jan 12, 2008 Minnesota
    Subscriber

I can't wait for Wet and Founders Harvest Ale. The biggest problem will be finding enough storage space for everything.

3. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

I'm assuming this Wet will sell out pretty quick? I'll be in the Twin Cities for the marathon Oct. 7th weekend.

4. syrupjoe

syrupjoe Aug 1, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

It will likely sell out pretty quick at the "hot" bottle shops, but should be available at plenty of places in the cities for 2-3 weeks. Just call around or drop a line in the forum when you get here.

5. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

It's usuallly around for the better part of the month, you should be able to score some. This is one of my favorite beers, will be buying plenty.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  6. bitterbeerguy

bitterbeerguy Oct 23, 2011 Minnesota

I would agree- you should have no issue finding some. I actually bought a 4-pack in early November last year (and it still tasted amazing!) Good luck on the marathon- one of the best routes in the country!!

7. gatornation

gatornation Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

as others have said you should be able to find wet easily also pick up some Surlyfest as that will be in stores also

8. Mjmoser

Mjmoser May 6, 2012 Illinois

Has it last to Darkness Day? Coming from Chicago and would like to try it....

9. mdmusch

mdmusch May 5, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Surlyfest should be hitting shelves within the next week shouldn't it?

10. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Feb 19, 2009 Illinois

Wet has lasted until Darkness Day the last two years. It may take some work to find, but it should be in stock somewhere.

Mjmoser likes this.
  11. syrupjoe

syrupjoe Aug 1, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

12. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Apr 11, 2010 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Is Wet a once a year release?

13. ObiWanKushnobi

ObiWanKushnobi Apr 4, 2011 Minnesota

Yes. It comes out in the fall.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!