Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Sweetwater 16th Anniversary Ale: Red Wheat Wine

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by brentjbeaver, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentjbeaver

brentjbeaver Jan 31, 2013 Mississippi

Just hit shelves at my store in metro-Atlanta today...anybody tried it yet? Sounds a bit strange

2. funkymonk242

funkymonk242 Apr 7, 2011 Georgia

Had it at the anniversary party and I enjoyed it. Its a sipper for sure. The only wheat wines I've had before were Gamma Ray and Boogoop so I can only compare it to those. Its definately worth a try, especially if its going for the same price as the other danktanks. $4.99 or $5.99?

3. JTDay

JTDay Jan 28, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Hope we get it. I haven't seen Some Strange yet.

4. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Moderator Subscriber Beer Trader

Some Strange hasn't hit yet. The Black IPA right?

I'm looking forward to the Wheatwine actually. Will age well I think. Their 15th aged pretty gracefully I thought. I drank one on their 16th, so it was a good year.

The amarillo, nelson pairing on the wheatwine sound promising.

5. ATLhophead

ATLhophead Sep 9, 2009 Georgia

From what I heard from the guys at Sweetwater on the 16th anny party, Some Strange has been delayed. They were having some issues just like they did with The Gimp.

6. DiscLizard

DiscLizard Feb 10, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I tried it last weekend at the Beertopia Festival, and was not a fan, but I'm not really into wheat wines in general so I'm not going to be the best judge.

7. gwdavis

gwdavis Feb 8, 2012 Georgia

I had it last weekend on tap up in Nashville, TN. I agree with funkymonk, definitely a sipper. Overall I really enjoyed it, though. Certainly worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe