Taking Homebrew to a Bar/Restaurant in Annapolis, MD?

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by SuperSpy, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSpy

SuperSpy Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2006 Georgia

A dozen or so Annapolis homebrewers are putting a club together and the first meeting is this week. However, we are still trying to nail down a location. We are thinking of asking a local bar or restaurant to host but aren't sure if we can bring homebrew to a place that is licensed to sell. Does anyone in Maryland have experience with this?

So far the only thing I have found regulating homebrew is that Maryland adheres to the federal regulations on homebrewing and doesn't regulate it further. The federal regulations allow for taking homebrew to organized tastings and competitions but I don't know if that would be violating some other Maryland regulation, such as tax or licensing regulations. Again, has anyone dealt with this in the past or know where to get more info? Thanks.

2. bpfishback

bpfishback Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Maryland

Any more info on the club? I might be interested in joining. Not sure on the laws but I know little havana in baltimore did a hombrew sampling thing for charity so you can probably have it at a bar as long as nothing is sold. Though not sure who would want to host a meeting where nobody buys any beer. My one place to suggest would be Punks grill in the mall since Dave who is one of the owners is also a homebrewer.

3. SuperSpy

SuperSpy Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2006 Georgia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.