1. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Taking trip to Indianapolis over 4th of July holiday- Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by jchoffman, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchoffman

jchoffman Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Georgia

Taking a family trip to visit non craft beer drinking relatives and need some suggestions on where to eat/drink @ Brewpubs, also want to buy beer that I can't get in Georgia, I'm thinking Three Floyds, but I'm sure there are others that can be purchased in Indianapolis that I can't buy in Atlanta...

Any Help is appreciated..
    Cheers,

Jason

2. psykosis

psykosis Aspirant (216) May 21, 2009 Indiana

Three Floyds stuff is hit or miss down here, but you should find some decent stuff (just don't plan on Zombie Dust). There are a few local places here you won't see down in Georgia (Triton, Flat12, Sun King, Fountain Square) that all bottle (well, SK cans). There are a couple other places that are brewpub only like Bier Brewery, Black Acre and Brugge Brasserie that all turn out decent brews.

As for food, I have not been down here long enough to make any real suggestions, but other locals I'm sure will have that covered.

If you are looking for stores, Kahn's on Keystone has a good selection. I'm on the south side, so that's where I do most of my shopping. Down here, I can't suggest Crown on Southport or Parti Pak on Stop 11 enough. Crown has a good selection, and Parti Pak's selection cannot be beat (just don't expect much in the way of help there, and good luck guessing the price on the beer).

jchoffman likes this.
  3. jchoffman

Thanks for the suggestions, will check all of these out...

4. CWBlues

CWBlues Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Indiana

Brugge and Twenty Tap in Broad Ripple for food and drink. They won't disappoint.

jchoffman likes this.
  5. jchoffman

Thanks Mike, will check this out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.