Tanglewood Brewery and Brewpub, Fayetteville Arkansas

Discussion in 'South' started by rtrasr, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (320) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

Have started tapping a firkin of cask ale every Wednesday night. Exciting that cask ale has come to NWArkansas.

2. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (7,689) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Is it their own? Never had any of their beers, they only had guest beers the one time I was there...

3. rtrasr

I believe it is their own.

4. russpowell

Beer Trader

It's all about turning those casks within a day or two at the most & how they are cellared prior to that. Love me some cask, but I had some in Virginia that reminded me that stereotypes can be re-enforced, both I tried were flatter than tap water...

5. rtrasr

Best I've had was a pint of Adnams at the Plough near the British Museum. It was sublime. However, I had some recently in Virginia at the DoG Pub (Duke of Gloucester Pub) in Williamsburg Va. It was by Heavy Seas it was a White IPA. It was delicious. Also, had some some good Green Man ESB on cask at Jack O the Wood Pub in Asheville NC.

I have been lucky to not to have run in some bad cask. I am sure my luck will continue this Wednesday.

Turnover is important but proper storage is absoulutely critical. I think use of cask breathers are essential in the States if it is to catch on here.

6. russpowell

Beer Trader

I've had several really good pints in McNellies in Tulsa. Meant to go Green Man the last time I was in A-ville, but got there prior to opening hours, bummer.

7. rtrasr

Definitely, need to get to T-Town and try McNellies.

8. rtrasr

I tried Tanglewood Wednesday night, I had their bacon stout on cask. I loved it. Great place, I will go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.