Tart of Darkness Batches

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by papaholmz, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papaholmz

papaholmz Initiate (53) Nov 7, 2012 South Carolina

How many batches are there of Tart of Darkness? I know batch 2 was aged in old Black Tuesday barrels. I snagged a bottle today and was just wondering how to tell which batch it was from.

2. weatherdog

weatherdog Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2007 Illinois

The 2 batches have drastically different labels since 1st batch was a Provisions beer.

Batch 1

[​IMG]

Batch 2

[​IMG]

JxExM, Alexander and chanokokoro like this.
  3. MetalMountainMastiff

MetalMountainMastiff Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 California

I'm not sure...I actually opened this thread cause at first glance I thought it said "Tart of Darkness Bitches" .

4. Alexander

Alexander Initiate (100) May 29, 2008 Iowa

5. BrettD

BrettD Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2012 Wisconsin

The poor in the second pic to me looks a lot more appropriate than the one in the first. My wife and I were going share a bottle of this new years. I open it and she took one sip and just didnt dig it. Way too sour for her.
    By the time I got through half of it all i could think is "god this motherfucker is sour!"
    Would have been awesome to share with about 5 people! I wont make the same mistake twice!

JxExM likes this.
  6. DanH83

DanH83 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 New York

Let me know.....I can drink 5 people's worth....

7. stealth

stealth Zealot (564) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

truth.

I would/could down that bomber in 30 seconds and then open another to spend the day enjoying. love that shit.

8. papaholmz

papaholmz Initiate (53) Nov 7, 2012 South Carolina

Thanks for the pic. I got batch 2 based on the label. Any recommendation as to which batch is better?

9. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

i love sours to death but does the price do it justice? around jersey they've been asking $25 for that bottle for a long time. i know quality>quantity but some amazing belgian sours aren't that pricey at all

10. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

It's good, but I wouldn't pay $25 for a bottle.

11. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

Would love to try the provision batch. I get the regular version down in FL for 20 a bottle.

12. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

yeah i figured it was pretty overpriced, as amazing as it sounds i could never bring myself to buy it. plus i see it on the shelves here all the time

13. vacax

vacax Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2008 California

I don't think $20 for a 750mL of barrel aged sour ale is unreasonable. If you haven't tried it, you should. My biggest gripe about batch 2 is the sediment, be very careful pouring as it can be chunky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.