Tavour Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mike_Sheridan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Mike_Sheridan

Mike_Sheridan Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2020

I have been using Tavour for the past few months here in Florida and I've really been enjoying the variety of beers I had access to.

Unfortunately, I just received an email stating my service is suspended due to an inability to ship to my area...

Does any other app or service provide a similar or better beer buying experience?

2. mambossa

mambossa Aspirant (249) Jun 30, 2015 Ohio

I used CraftShack a couple years ago for some purchases. All beers arrived safely and timely, and within a reasonable window of freshness. Can’t say if anything’s changed in those handful of years, but I didn’t have any problems with them.

Bitterbill and Mike_Sheridan like this.
  3. mushroomcloud

mushroomcloud Poo-Bah (2,518) Mar 4, 2005 Texas
    Society

4. marcnotmark

marcnotmark Initiate (31) Oct 17, 2020 Florida

Mike, I'm in the Tampa Bay area and have no issues with my Tavour deliveries. What part of Florida are you in?

5. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (3,906) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

I gave beerdrop a try. The beers are nothing special but I like that I can substitute out beers that the curators choose for me. But Tavour's beers are nothing special either. I also like beerdrop uses UPS ground. Seems Tavour could save a lot of logistics troubles if they used UPS. Must be some legal mumbo jumbo.

6. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,776) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

For whatever reason they send a large palate to a local distributor who breaks it down and delivers the smaller packages. Ups and FedEx would not be a huge difference I dont think.