Tavour experiences

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dubinsky, May 21, 2014.

1. IPAs-n-Stouts_OhMy

IPAs-n-Stouts_OhMy Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2018 Washington

yes! my cart just came back from the dead about 45 minutes ago :slight_smile:

Lorddevn and Benish like this.
  2. Lorddevn

Lorddevn Initiate (0) Mar 10, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Added Casey’s funky blender peach. As a EF member I passed on it, well Casey’s loaded up the EF today with it for 20 and selling for 30 on tavour. A win for me, but goes to show pricing is decently close.

bl00 and REVZEB like this.
  3. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Pooh-Bah (2,964) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Trader

This is especially true when it can be more than a month til said crate arrives on your front porch.

bl00 and Junior like this.
  4. Benish

Benish Pooh-Bah (2,360) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I was supposed to get mine next week. Now it was pushed to the week after. So much for fresh IPAs I have in my box.

JohnnyHopps likes this.
  5. LADEDA

LADEDA Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2014 Florida

Many dittos on this. I have $240 in a crate that has been delayed twice, and still in limbo. This is the second crate in a row with this problem. And, yes, it contains mostly IPA's. I deleted the app yesterday.

JohnnyHopps likes this.
  6. Benish

Benish Pooh-Bah (2,360) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Aww man that is unbelievable!! I had no idea it was that bad. I did message them yesterday asking what is the deal.

LADEDA likes this.
  7. Lorddevn

Trader

That sucks. Mine shipped last Wednesday as part of the alesong shipment. Last 2 Alesong shopments my box has had 12 and 13 beers in it and since they were shipping my 8 alesong beers they shipped those too, which I’m cool with because the shipping is included in the alesong delivery.

8. JohnnyHopps

Pooh-Bah Trader

I literally passed and IPAs every time. I much prefer to buy them locally from the source so that I know they are fresh. Tabour is used exclusively for stouts and sours. I realize the Covid outbreak posed a problem but the Tabour needs to fix this problem with IPAs.

PA-Michigander and LADEDA like this.
  9. Dirrtydan

Dirrtydan Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2018 Pennsylvania

Thank you! I am so tired of waaaaay too many IPAs on there, mostly all of them of the New England persuasion. Not that I dont enjoy that style, but more variety is definitely needed badly.

beergoot, JohnnyHopps and maximum12 like this.
  10. NXF0020

NXF0020 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2019 Ohio

Forst time Tavour user....After a crate has shipped and you are given a 2 day delivery window do they give any other notification or heads up so that someone can be there to sign for the package?

11. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,989) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Tavour will not - if there is any heads up it comes from the end delivery service.

12. CraigDeMoss

CraigDeMoss Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2020 Kansas
    Deactivated

Keep an eye on the shipping details and as soon as it arrives to the service Tavour uses give them a call and set something up.

13. 2393008

2393008 Initiate (66) Jun 10, 2019 California

Echo a lot of the sentiment here. Tavour has jumped the shark for the following reasons.
    --Shipping gets constantly pushed.
    --Because of supply issues and beers selling out so quickly you have to stop what you're doing to buy something - the antithesis of convenience.
    --Prices and assuming their markup have tended up over the last month or so. It wasn't cheap to begin with.

Just deleted the app. Byeeeeee.

Scrapss and LADEDA like this.
  14. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,765) Oct 4, 2017 Germany

Fortunately that's not quite how it works, users do retain copyright of their content, which is something that I made sure to check before I started reviewing here.

However you do grant BA license to use your content as it sees fit, which is also kind of problematic, but this isn't really the thread to start discussing this.

From the ToS:
    "You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

15. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,233) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut

Well, Todd has already weighed in that they have no agreement to license their content with Tavour. I suppose, technically, that anyone on BA who had their content reposted without permission by Tavour could ask them to take it down - although, again, I'm of a mind that this technically counts as "public" (and they did post attribution to the review).

Someone with a more in-depth understanding of the legalese might know for sure, but from my perspective, I don't post reviews under any presumption of privacy or content control, and I consider the whole thing flattering if someone decides your review is worthy of reposting. :grinning:

Scrapss, Dirrtydan, pjeagles and 2 others like this.
  16. LADEDA

LADEDA Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2014 Florida

My shipment was packed a week late and shipped on 6/6. It was delayed in Portland and Atlanta. It reached Tampa today, but the courier won't get it until this afternoon. It will be worked and out for delivery Monday 6/22. 16 days in transit. 2 days in Atlanta, temps in the 80's. 3 days in Tampa, temps in the 90's. 37 cans of beer, total $228.00. Those IPA's are probably dumpster quality by now. This should have been a wintertime only endeavor. Mine is not the only order on that pallet. Other customers in Florida are in the same boat. Your call, BA's.

#416 LADEDA, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    SFACRKnight likes this.
  17. John123will

John123will Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2018 Indiana

I looked into Tavour and wanted to try it but the prices were unfortunately beyond what I was willing to spend:slight_frown:

ChicagoJ likes this.
  18. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,470) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina

I would also be interested to get a little more knowledge about how the doctrine of fair use would factor into this usage scenario by Tavour.

IANAL but had a fair amount of exposure to IP law in a previous work role (mostly related to patents and use of trademarks/registered trademarks).

ChicagoJ and Roguer like this.
  19. 12ArmedGoon

12ArmedGoon Aspirant (292) Sep 28, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

I pretty much steer clear of IPAs on Tavour until a day or two before my crate ships for this reason. I haven't had any issues with shipping so far, but I hear enough about them here. One IPA hit today that was canned on the 1st of this month, and I almost got it (my crate ships next week), but I'm glad I didn't since I just spent $100 on two bottles of BA Blessed through them.

20. CraigDeMoss

Deactivated

Don’t buy ipas until the end of your crate cycle. You’ll save money not throwing your money at every novelty ipa. You can find something of similar quality in your own town. Also make sure to get your $50 375ml bottles of blessed.. dear god

side note, not sure if I’m a charlatan, philistine, uncouth or what, but I’ve had a can of a “really good“ ipa from some “really good” brewer about two weeks after canning and again at 6 weeks after canning. Couldn’t tell much a difference. First world beer problems are serious though.

#420 CraigDeMoss, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  21. JohnnyHopps

Pooh-Bah Trader

I couldn’t pull the trigger with only one review on BA and 48 tics on untapped. I need a bigger sample size before I get on the hype train.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  22. 12ArmedGoon

12ArmedGoon Aspirant (292) Sep 28, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

FOMO is real for me. I was too worried about missing the train altogether.

micada and RUinOhio like this.
  23. REVZEB

REVZEB Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,693) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I found it charming to see fellow ba’s quotes on tavour. Trust what you all have to say more anyway

24. MaximumYuks

MaximumYuks Savant (1,073) Nov 30, 2013 Oregon

All of the bolded times 1000. I did jump on some Pseudo Sue a couple of weeks ago that was canned 4/29, though. I just cracked my first can a couple of days ago, and it was still drinking great.

I've used Tavour a handful of times since the beginning of the pandemic and no complaints. I tried it the first time in order to get a can of ADWTD. I live in Portland, OR, so when my "crate" ships, it's usually at my front door within two or three days. Tavour is based out of Seattle, so my close proximity really helps expedite the process. Too many good IPAs locally for me to really mess with those, but when I do it's as noted above, near when my crate is closing. It's mostly just been fun getting to try beers I wouldn't normally be able to get, and occasionally buying some from favorite spots in my old home city and state, Cincinnati, Ohio.

bl00 and CraigDeMoss like this.
  25. CraigDeMoss

Deactivated

Do you not get TG is Oregon?!?!?

MaximumYuks likes this.
  26. Lorddevn

Trader

Yea just got on And saw that. Looked at the reviews and pulled the trigger. I know it’s not a lot but Once I bought “time waits for no one” and just got one and regretted it after having it.

I actually have blessed in my tavour twice as a limit one and limit 2

12ArmedGoon likes this.
  27. maximum12

maximum12 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,500) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Just received my third crate from Tavour. Everything has always gone smoothly to date. I wonder if the weird delays have something to do with the 'last mile' delivery folks. Mine have been a bit...odd. But the beer is out-of-distribution beer is greatly appreciated.

28. MaximumYuks

MaximumYuks Savant (1,073) Nov 30, 2013 Oregon

We do not! I usually make sure to grab some whenever I'm back in the midwest.

CraigDeMoss likes this.
  29. Lorddevn

Trader

I will say about the delivery I have only had one Covid delivery and it was shipped out on time, however it took longer than usual. Usually here in 4-5 days this one took 8 and was stopped in a few places, due to not planning the shipping when I wanted it (alesong club ships through tavour and sometimes they will ship my crate too) I didn’t get any ipas but everything I’ve had so far tasted great. They do hold shipment at places to keep it temperature regulated, so my thought is the extra day stopped at KC and Salt Lake City were probably more due to being too hot to move on those days. The only warehouse they sit in is the final delivery place. Outside of that their shipment is kept to avoid drastic temperatures. I remember last winter when it was really cold my box got held at a few places before it move and they updated the shipping saying too cold to ship. So don’t think because it’s been 10 days since shipping that it’s sitting a 100+ degree warehouse, most likely it’s just too hot to move it.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  30. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,142) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I almost grabbed those until I saw those were 375ml bottles. Fuck that.

CraigDeMoss, JohnnyHopps and bl00 like this.
  31. bsp77

bsp77 Pooh-Bah (2,123) Apr 27, 2008 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah

Yeah, I just downloaded the app out of curiosity and saw those little Blessed bottles for $50. I can't justify that personally. But I am curious, do people know the brewery price for those? Why is there so much hype for this?

beergoot likes this.
  32. Scottsbeer

Scottsbeer Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2017 Florida
    Trader

$35

beergoot, SFACRKnight, bl00 and 2 others like this.
  33. JohnnyHopps

Pooh-Bah Trader

Today is Day 3 for $50 Blessed. If it does not sell out, do they send it back?

It would be nice if Drekker beers hung around for 3 days instead of ten minutes.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  34. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,142) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Trader

My wife ordered from them 2 weeks ago and was assured the beers would be here before fathers day. No such luck. We are out of town next week, hopefully I can work something out with my local shipper, I dont need a porch bomb with 16 beers roasting in the sun.

JohnnyHopps likes this.
  35. FBarber

Would turn it into a literal porch bomb. :joy:

SFACRKnight likes this.
  36. CraigDeMoss

Deactivated

We must be in different regions, we had the blackberry/cucumber Brain squeeze and tickle monster, both were up for a while. (Brain squeeze sold out of 4 days and tickle monster in 12 hours)

37. JohnnyHopps

Pooh-Bah Trader

Blackberry/Cuke was gone 10 minutes after it was posted for me. ... and I really wanted that one. It may be posted somewhere in this thread already, but I need for figure out there system.

38. FBarber

Turn on notifications on your phone. For me they "release" one at 10AM and one at 5PM. so If I want, I can check right then and see what it is.

Pinz412, SFACRKnight and JohnnyHopps like this.
  39. pjeagles

pjeagles Zealot (564) May 29, 2005 New Mexico
    Society Trader

It's been said multiple times in this thread that you can change the shipping date to earlier but my app only allows for later shipping. I definitely don't need that. It's bad enough I get a notification that my box is ready to ship on the 28th, doesn't actually leave Tavour until the 30th, somehow takes five days to get from Seattle to Oakland, gets to Phoenix (450 miles from where I live) on a Friday, and doesn't get to me until Monday, the 7th or 8th of the next month. Is there any trick to getting an earlier shipping choice to show up? Do you have to hit a certain number of beers in a box?

40. FBarber

You can definitely move the date up, but it depends on how far out your current ship date is - for instance, if your ship date were this Friday, you couldn't move it up, but if it were a few weeks out, you could move it up. I think the ship date has to be a week out when you change it, but Im not 100% sure on that.

12ArmedGoon and traction like this.