Terrapin: Cinnamon Roll'd and White Chocolate Moo Hoo

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by BullDoza, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 Texas

Texan dropping in for some feedback.

When does Terrapin release the Cinnamon version of WnB and the WCMH? Winter releases? Fall?
    My gf has really enjoyed the regular WnB and MH I've been able to get...wouldn't mind surprising her with the Cinnamon and WC versions.

Thanks guys.

2. compton

compton Initiate (0) May 20, 2009 Georgia

it was late last year when those were released. not sure they've announced if they are doing it again or not, however.

3. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Florida

i think White Choco moo-hoo was a 1-off...but i could be wrong (it has happened before)

4. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (406) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

They are doing both again, this year, according to last report, and adding an Imperial Pumpkin Pie Porter to the reserve series. When will we see them? No idea, all I remember is WCMH was first last year.

zac16125 and BullDoza like this.
  5. Circleo12

Trader

6. DawgPhan

DawgPhan Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2012 Georgia

It would be totally great if you could go to the brewery and buy those.

Then I could talk about how only locals and people with 706 phone numbers should be able to buy them.

We need to get this law changed just for the interwebz drama.

Wish they would ditch the artificial flavors though.

7. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

They were both end of year releases and gone within minutes. Landing both is going to be a hell of a chore.

8. mrNoodle

mrNoodle Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2013 Florida

Discussions are littered with reports that WC Moo Hoo is infected. I had mine 2 months ago and it was bad. Gusher, infected like crazy. Glad I didnt buy more than 1 of those.

WnB is easily obtained in trades, if you're looking to go that avenue. And is still delicious.

9. wcu80

wcu80 Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2005 Georgia

I had a WC Moo Hoo a couple weeks ago and it was infected as shit. Bummer.

10. BullDoza

Are you implying you may be open to a trade for it?? :astonished:

11. Robyn

Robyn Disciple (348) Dec 20, 2006 South Carolina
    Trader

I am, but not sure what in the tx roadtrip would appeal to me.

12. Woodrow

Woodrow Initiate (82) Jun 17, 2007 North Carolina
    Brewery Trader

I've got a bottle of each @BullDoza. Send me a PM if you wanna trade!

13. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

I don't know... They went fast everywhere, I had more trouble finding CRWnB, only managed 2 bottles, but WCMH was easier to get, and the first release.

That said- They were both highly, highly hyped, and did no deliver what so ever on the hype. Both good, WnB being better, but it's a better base beer anyways.

I doubt the locals will jump at them as fast as last year, unless trade hype shoots them back up again!

jshusc and zookerman182 like this.
  14. RDMII

True, both were mediocre in my opinion, but I don't like the base of either beer anyway. I was glad to see the hype but hated dealing with the haters who missed out. People just need someone to shit on and retailers of rare beers fit the bill quite well.

15. FATC1TY

True enough.

I certainly won't be chomping at the bit looking for it like I did the first go around. If I find it, I'll get a bottle, but certainly nothing worth chasing unless they plan to change the recipes up.

Pumpkin porter I'll seek, however.

velcrogrip and zookerman182 like this.
  16. flipdog0

flipdog0 Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2011 North Carolina

Personally I enjoyed Cinn Roll'd WnB, it was great. I wasn't a huge fan of WC Moo Hoo. I do however have bottles of each, PM me if needed.

beerindaglass likes this.
  17. CGMLS3

CGMLS3 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2010 Florida

I like the base beers. Traded both of mine earlier this year. I'm not seeking anymore hyped releases from Terrapin in the future.

Robyn likes this.
  18. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

I also had a WC Moo Hoo two weeks ago that was infected. The guy who brought it to the bottle share contacted them and they are sending him some schwag.

19. Circleo12

Trader

I've got 3 stowed away still, I think? of WCMH, and 1 CRWnB. I sure hope the 3 WCMH aren't infected, I just sent one to someone =/

20. AmericaGWShark

AmericaGWShark Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2014 Oklahoma

Went into a random (for beer) shop in ATL yesterday and picked up 4 CnR WNB by chance...Was really shocked to see them around right now.

The rumors I heard about this year's release were on another board:
    "A Terrapin rep at a tasting today (which had both Cinnamon Roll WnB and White Chocolate Moo Hoo) mentioned that the releases this fall will be a French Toast Wake n Bake and an Espresso Moo Hoo (can't remember the exact name). "

We'll see.

21. Circleo12

Trader

I've seen reference to French Toasted WnB, for 2014, somewhere else, as well. I haven't heard of a new spin on Moo Hoo, though it probably would be welcomed. At this point, I'm probably more looking forward to the Pumpkin Porter more than the others.

22. AmericaGWShark

I would be fine with a moo hoo variant changeup, as I didn't really care for the WCMH. But, I'm not a white chocolate fan. So, it was doomed to fail for my palette.

23. BullDoza

Sucks to hear that the White Chocolate was so underwhelming. Oh well. A French Toast WnB sounds interesting - I have a definite sweet tooth.

24. FATC1TY

They wanted to do French Toast and then ended up calling it Cinnamon roll.. wonder what the hell the difference would be anyways.

Espresso MooHoo would be hopefully, like Depth Charge which was an awesome beer.

basto and dsigmon like this.
  25. Circleo12

Trader

My preference, of the 3 we know about, so far..

1) Imperial Pumpkin Pie Porter
    2) xx WnB
    3) xx Moo Hoo

So anything will probably be an improvement. I'm still working through the case of WCMH, thinking "This will be awesome!". Much preferred CRWnB, only got 2 bottles of it.

26. KG710

KG710 Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2014 Georgia

Was it called Moo Hoo Macchiato? That's the name I heard from someone at the brewery a few months ago.

27. AmericaGWShark

I hadn't heard that name (MH Macchiato). But that sounds interesting for sure.

28. elektrikjester

elektrikjester Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2008 Georgia

Interesting that Jittery Joe's has continued to roast the coffee long after this collaboration ended. It'd be nice to see Terrapin return to the coffee and use it again.

29. RDMII

I have a guy in here now asking about WCMH. The hype lives on......

30. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Florida

Or they sat for weeks depending where in the country you are....

31. FATC1TY

How funny... Goes to show the power of the internet and the fact people look at whats being talked about and assume it's happening now.

32. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

neither lived up to the hype. had them separately and as a blend a was disappointed either way.

wiltznucs likes this.
  33. DawgPhan

CRWnB was solid. WCMH was alright. BBACRWnB mixed with WCMH was stellar.

34. will_eye_e

will_eye_e Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2013 Florida

[​IMG]

My body is ready

35. Circleo12

Trader

Oh my....ditto for me.

36. Beerly-Departed

Beerly-Departed Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2013 Florida

Damn, is that bottles on a shelf already?

37. Circleo12

Trader

Starts shipping next week, through early September.

38. beaufreka

beaufreka Initiate (48) Dec 14, 2008 South Carolina

Here we go again... Hopefully not as hyped as the last 2 releases, or something that lives up to the hype.

CGMLS3 likes this.
  39. RDMII

Already got word from a rep, less supply than WCMH and CRWnB.

SHIT. SHOW. Can't wait.

40. DawgPhan

awesome. Too bad you can't buy it at the brewery or I could complain about it not being local only or out of state mules.

chances are it will be easier to trade for a bottle that was bought out of state than it will be to buy a bottle in atlanta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.