Terrapin Dos Cocoas Chocolate Porter

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by ndepriest, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

This long retired porter is coming back for round two. It will be at the brewery starting tomorrow and, I'm assuming, in stores next week as it's already in bottles. If it's half as delicious as it sounds, I'm excited to try this.

sajaffe1 and azorie like this.
  2. JTDay

JTDay Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 Georgia

Sweet, I'm exited about giving this one a try.

3. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Looking forward to it.. They make some pretty good porters.

This is apparently the "pre Moo Hoo" era beer. Moo Hoo is pretty friggin' good.

gjoker321 likes this.
  4. Jeffreysan

Jeffreysan Savant (912) Apr 12, 2013 Virginia
    Society

Outstanding! I really like their MooHoo Chocolate Stout, so I'm excited for this!

5. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

Not to sound like I'm uninterested in anything but case after case of WnB, but....

Just give me more WnB.

6. Onenote81

Onenote81 Initiate (0) May 27, 2008 North Carolina

I hope this is better than the original release. Very weak on the chocolate that time around. This is no Moo-Hoo that's for sure, but one can hope!

7. bkov33

bkov33 Initiate (78) Dec 5, 2007 New Jersey

interesting that they pick summer to release this beer

8. egrace84

egrace84 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2012 Illinois

I'm definately up for giving this a shot, but i felt like Liquid Bliss was underwhelming :slight_frown: hope this doesnt follow in its footsteps.

zencigar, gjoker321 and CassinoNorth like this.
  9. iccccceman

iccccceman Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2009 Georgia

This was super chocolate-y and very tasty. Should be out in Atlanta as of today and you could get it at the brewery last week.

10. QuentinCall

QuentinCall Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2011 Georgia

At Greens and HopCity for the time being.
    Kinda curious as to whether this is gonna vanish like Liquid Bliss seemed to.

11. bulldogbrewhaus

bulldogbrewhaus Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012 Virginia

Big fan of Terrapin, hope this hits the shelves in VA soon. Can't wait and thanks for the heads up. Cheers!

12. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Ale Yeah Roswell has two cases, but we're in the middle of a move, so it'll be available midweek hopefully.

13. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Haven't had any yet.. Still have a couple bottles of Liquid Bliss in the cellar though!

Need to run out and get a few bombers and give it a shot.

14. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

I have been extremely impressed recently with the Terrapin side projects (that aren't hop bombs). I look forward to this one and I bet it would be really tasty blended with some BA oak aged version (if the Gods are willing).

15. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 Massachusetts

16. Lorianneb

Lorianneb Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2012 New Jersey

Just read about Dos. Can't wait to give it a try. Bliss was very good, but liked sweet baby Jesus better

17. nabit

nabit Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2013 Georgia

Overall, I enjoy many of the Terrapin beers. However, I wasn't impressed with the Dos Cocoas. Not so much as a repeat purchase. It was decent beer, but that's it.

18. Zach136

Zach136 Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2012 Georgia

Where are you seeing Liquid Bliss is going to be brewed again? I was under the impression that they never would due to how much of a pain it was to get the brewery peanut allergy free afterward... but I hope I'm wrong. Freaking love Liquid Bliss.

Terrapin8 likes this.
  19. bulldogbrewhaus

bulldogbrewhaus Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012 Virginia

My local kick ass beer store only got one case and they reserved a bottle for me. Picking it up today.

20. kell50

kell50 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2007 North Carolina

I had this last night on draught at Duckworth's in Charlotte, NC. Really, really tasty. Kinda surprised by this one! :slight_smile:

StArnoldFan likes this.
  21. Terrapin8

Terrapin8 Initiate (108) Oct 27, 2008 Georgia

Where did you hear Liquid Bliss was coming again? That was the girlfriends favorite beer, and I've run out of bottles I stashed away for her.

22. Schwantz

Schwantz Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 Florida

TW. FT Lauderdale.
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to this one.
    Cheers kids!

23. xShoWTeKx

xShoWTeKx Disciple (318) Jan 21, 2013 South Carolina

I've seen it for the past couple weeks didn't know anything about it so I just left it be, might have to try it though.

24. BradenMK

BradenMK Aspirant (288) Sep 24, 2012 Alaska

I'll have to have the guys at my beverage store order some of this for me. :slight_smile:

25. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

Where's the white chocolate moo hoo and cinnamon wake n bake already??

musicman7070 likes this.
  26. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (417) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

Fairly positive you won't see Liquid Bliss again anytime remotely soon. Seems like they said numerous times, how much of a pain in the ass it is to make.

27. BlackNote

BlackNote Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Michigan

My wife grabbed me one of these when she made a trip to Atlanta. I was disappointed cause didn't find it that good. Seems over hyped to me.

28. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2013 Florida

One of my buddies helped brew this beer with Spike at Terrapin and he absolutely said that Liquid Bliss was such a pain in the a$$ that they likely won't put it out again...but you never know. That being said, with the Moo-Hoo and WnB variants coming out I'd be surprised if they put such a labor intensive beer up in the next few months with all that going on.

Regarding Dos Cocoas, I actually went to Athens to grab this and was fairly underwhelmed. It was a great beer, but not sure I'd put this over other Side Projects for a re-brew. I never had the first version, so I can't really compare.

29. basickness

basickness Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2013 Pennsylvania

30. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,819) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Dear Terrapin,

More Depth Charge please.

Love,
    Everyone who has ever tried it.

On a more related note, I had the dos cocoas on draft last week and I thought it sounds better than it actually is. It was not that good. Not bad mind you but very much lacking compared to Terrapins other dark beer efforts.

GeorgiaKiwi, ari32 and ncaudle like this.
  31. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (525) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

Had Dos Cocoas on tap at two local bars near me. I enjoyed it, but then when I saw it at the store a couple of times ($7.99 for 22 oz) I didn't buy it.

32. ari32

ari32 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2013 Georgia

Oh my god, yes!! That was such a great beer. I wish I would have bought several bottles of it, but alas, I was young and stupid. According to a Terrapin rep, the Midnight Project series will be making a return next year, though.

Terrapin8 likes this.
  33. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

I had one not too long ago. It was pretty good, not great but pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.