Thanksgiving Beer Lineup (2021)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Beer_Economicus, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATL6245

ATL6245 Zealot (545) Aug 16, 2018 Georgia

I still have a number of Marzens left. I think I'm going with those dinner. Seems like a perfect Thanksgiving meal paring.

2. BourbonForBeer

BourbonForBeer Aspirant (213) May 11, 2020 Illinois
    Trader

Not sure yet... Too many to pick from. Probably an Anchorage stout.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  3. Smorgasvein

Smorgasvein Initiate (15) Nov 12, 2021 California

This is a fun thread..

For tonight (Thanksgiving Eve), I have a bottle of 2020 Bourbon County Brand Stout chilling in my beer fridge.

Thanksgiving morning, I'm golfing with my sons and will pack a few Pizza Port Chronic Amber Ales in my golf bag. Once we get back to the house, it's been our tradition to have a mix of Sam Adams Winter Lager and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale while we prepare the meal and watch some NFL.

After we're stuffed, I got a bottle of 2021 Sam Adams Utopias that I'll crack open for a nightcap.

Cheers!

4. TwilightBeerCareer

TwilightBeerCareer Initiate (188) Feb 13, 2021 Illinois

This year's Thanksgiving beer lineup is Leinenkugel's Toasted Bock, Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale, Three Floyds Zombie Dust, Rhinegeist Dad, & a shot of homemade Apple Pie Moonshine now and then.

5. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,924) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

This years lineup
    Enjoy your thanks this year and always.
    [​IMG]

6. Siriusfisherman

Siriusfisherman Savant (910) Aug 23, 2011 Vermont
    Society Trader

I've got an assortment of lagers from Suarez Family Brewery as well as a couple beers from Wunderkammer Bier that I am excited to try for the first time. I also might finish the night with a bottle of last years KBS.

rocdoc1, SABERG and WCKDVBZ like this.
  7. 40ontarget

40ontarget Zealot (533) Feb 7, 2012 Colorado
    Society

That sounds awesome! I drank 21 through 25 this past Saturday and it was great time. Happy Thanksgiving!

8. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (3,920) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I have a 2018 “big bottle format” CBS that I am almost certain will be my Thanksgiving day beer, but I reserve the right to switch to the 2020 BCBS Anniversary aged in Weller barrels that I’ve been eyeballing the past few days in my beer fridge.

9. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (328) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

Boulevard Nutcracker Ale. I can't get enough of it.

dcotom likes this.
  10. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,332) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

Why do you think it's too late for pumpkin beers? Thanksgiving is the holiday where we literally consume pumpkins.

11. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (12,122) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

After my 31 Days of Pumpkins leading up to Hallowe'en, I am pumpkined out.

12. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,332) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

Okay, that's fair. Haha.

13. lackenhauser

lackenhauser Poo-Bah (2,564) Dec 10, 2002 Maryland
    Society Trader

Following a sore back yesterday and better living thru chemistry the score so far..Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing, a Bourbon County Stout 2019..tomorrow my own homebrewed pumpkin, the only one I really like anymore, Evolution Lot 6, more Bourbon County, Flying Dog Triple dog...glad I am on call all weekend...uggghhhhhh

Brutaltruth and WCKDVBZ like this.
  14. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (270) Apr 26, 2018 California
    Trader

just got some DDH Ghost in the Machine in the mail today so probably some of those, plus some Treehouse I also got recently, might pick up some Pliny from the grocery store too.

Beer_Economicus and WCKDVBZ like this.
  15. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Savant (906) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

Well, right now I'm rejoicing in a particularly quenching "Mild Power Duo" of Founders Scarlet Ales. Brilliant! and within 12 hrs, give or take 9 hrs or so, the August Schell Cave-Aged Barrel-Aged Dark Lager (woody and deep Baltic Porter) is what's gonna beat back the bird. Cheers!

BigIronH and PapaGoose03 like this.
  16. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,828) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Just got in tonight to Ohio and my sister's house. Just took 2 4 packs with me after I dropped my cats off at the pet suites. Nothing ultra special but some amazing ones to be had.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

17. smbslt

smbslt Savant (944) Dec 26, 2010 Illinois
    Society

Celebration for food prep and pregame, a sage and tart cherry scruit for dinner and assorted high abv’s to insulate me from the conversations that you’re not supposed to but inevitably will have.

18. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (3,033) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

To me, the night before Thanksgiving is just as important in terms of you drink as Thanksgiving is, if not moreso. For a number of years, my wife’s family and whomever they invited would do a wine tasting with a representative from a distribution company. We would have a lot of amazing wine, have a great time being together, and get completely schnokered before waking up on Thanksgiving to watch the Macy’s Parade with hangovers. But we haven’t done that in years due to the salesman that we worked with having a family and wanting to spend time with them, which I understand.

So I have recently made the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving a barrel aged beer tasting, sadly for myself. That seems to be a prevalent thing in the Chicago area: I saw at least a half dozen places, be it breweries or stores, having BA specialties on tap yesterday.

So for me, after a slightly crazy last work day before all shit breaks loose on Black Friday, I went to the Open Bottle in Lockport to pick up a four pack of 8 ounce pours of barrel aged stouts. The lineup was 2017 Pipeworks Special Reserve, 2019 Half Acre Vanilla Benthic, Prairie Sundae Service, and 2021 Revolution Deth by Raspberries.

This is the aftermath in my bar sink this morning.
    [​IMG]

But as to today, I have just fridged a 2017 BCBS Barleywine to add to the Bourbon County thread, and I will have a Sierra Nevada Celebration and one of the two Transient barrel aged stout I picked up at Open Bottle yesterday.

For now, I am starting my Turkey Day with an amazing beer Tavour has allowed me access to, and for that, I am extremely thankful.

[​IMG] Cheers, beer fans. Hope you have a day full of great food, great company, and great beer!

#98 mschrei, Nov 25, 2021 at 1:15 PM
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 1:22 PM
    Sheppard, Riff and Beer_Economicus like this.
  19. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Crusader (739) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

The 8oz samples are pretty cool

mschrei likes this.
  20. hobbitz

hobbitz Initiate (128) Jun 17, 2010 Rhode Island

Jim beam apple whiskey
    Gansett
    Home brew cider
    Home brew mead

Beer_Economicus and teromous like this.
  21. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (3,160) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Mayflower Thanksgiving 2021
    Trillium Twice the Daily Srving Raspberry
    Trillium Tru Action

[​IMG]

Blogjackets and Roy_Hobbs like this.
  22. Blogjackets

Blogjackets Savant (954) Nov 22, 2017 Ohio
    Society Trader

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I’ll add a small brewery in western Ohio brought to my attention by @basaywhat - Urban Artifact. They focus on kettle sours and fruit & field beers. Cheers!

basaywhat and PapaGoose03 like this.
  23. WickedBeer

WickedBeer Poo-Bah (2,417) Sep 23, 2015 Alabama
    Society Trader

Unfortunately having to work this Thanksgiving but not until the early evening. Looking to knock this small lineup out before then…. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

[​IMG]

24. Sheppard

Sheppard Poo-Bah (1,999) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I picked up 3 crowlers from Notch so I'll be looking to pop those and perhaps a 3 Fonteinen Kriek. My dad will want to open some wine - I'm gonna have to hunt the cellar for some barleywine or a quad.

25. lastmango

lastmango Crusader (771) Dec 11, 2014 Pennsylvania

12 Dogs of Christmas Ale
    Skalrok (new Nordic Pale Ale from Elysian)
    Narwhal Russian Imperial Stout
    Kujo Coffee Porter
    Hennepin Saison

26. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Aspirant (209) Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

Revisiting a few classics I haven’t had in a while.

Ayinger Celebrator
    North Coast Old Stock
    SN Celebration
    Alesmith Speedway Stout
    Stone Xocoveza

Two of those in and I’m already extremely glad I did this.

Rug likes this.
  27. 57md

57md Poo-Bah (3,271) Aug 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Society

For dinner, we offered a choice between Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale and an apple spiced wine.

After dinner, I usually open up my cellar and let my guests choose. We started with two-year old Troegs Mad Elf.

Smorgasvein and Spade like this.
  28. Resistance88

Resistance88 Initiate (146) Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

Welp BAs..drank 0 beer and will not be drinking. Came to orange county to Aunts as always and power was shut off by Edison to prevent fires due to high winds. Whole neighborhood has no power and can't do shit about it
    Drove 2 hours and driving back home now :triumph::joy::joy::joy:

PapaGoose03 and BigIronH like this.
  29. BigIronH

BigIronH Savant (956) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Society Trader

I swear California surprises me everyday. I had no idea that was even a thing. Get home for a cold beer buddy. Cheers.

30. Brutaltruth

Brutaltruth Poo-Bah (3,820) Mar 22, 2014 Ohio
    Society

Yikes----I have been overruled by the Little Lady---no special brew till the brew in there
    which is in need of review is done.

Sigh....

An advocates work is never done.

Have to wait till Christmas

Thinking it is 2018 vintage but have come across some more
    as well. Still sitting on a bottle before the infamous bad batch
    and am thinking it is 94 or 95.....shall see.

Cheers

31. fuzzywarren

fuzzywarren Initiate (21) Aug 7, 2020 Ohio

I like to pick familiar old favorites:

SN Celebration
    3F Alpha Klaus (fabulous beer)
    Columbus Brewing Citra Noel
    Yuengling Traditional Lager

And then some craft bourbons.

32. alehouse64

alehouse64 Initiate (73) Mar 2, 2009 New York

I like IPAs with my eggs when I'm done working the 11pm to 7am shift

Spade likes this.
  33. Rollmeaway2loadout

Rollmeaway2loadout Aspirant (277) Jan 30, 2016 Illinois

This is the day after. I just had pizza and cold pizza . Drinking Czechvar original Czech Lager , Two Brothers Prairie Path Golden Ale , & Pilsner Urquell. I work most holidays . I do not drink on Thanksgiving. Family members work the various holidays and we're use to this. My schedule allows me to work the "family " holidays so the younger people at work can be with their children .

PapaGoose03 and bubseymour like this.
  34. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Crusader (719) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Local brewery, Rock House, makes Gas Station Bananas, a rum BA quad with bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla. They also make 3 variants off of that, coconut, maple, and coffee/cacao.

We drank all four over the day.

Rug and Spade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.