That "Ahhh...yes." moment of beer enjoyment

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MammaGoose, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allouez86

allouez86 Pundit (975) Jan 24, 2009 Wisconsin

That first beer after a long day when either everyone is asleep or not home. Absolutely perfect.

gcamparone likes this.
  2. loafinaround

loafinaround Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 New York

hell ya. OK, radiochemist, I've got lab stories too! Just finished-up a few months in the lab... wading through 14C and 3H... in vitro, ex vivo whatever. it's everywhere. Collaborating w/ my hyper husband means I don't even get a pee break, nonetheless lunch or time for some coffee.
    Come home.... sucks, nugget nectar, or maybe a bcbs? Son blabbering insane random thoughts (see what are you drinking #124), and the beer makes everything ok again...... comfy couch, crazy 4 year old, nice food and peace.

3. loafinaround

loafinaround Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 New York

and congrats on the breakthrough! I know that must have been years in the making. Feels super good when it finally happens!!! :grinning:

herrburgess likes this.
  4. booyahachieved3

booyahachieved3 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Kansas

*Tried to give up beer for lent. Made it about a week, and caved in to a Red Chair one evening. Probably one of the most delicious beers I've had and is making it that much harder to avoid beer.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  5. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (1,212) Aug 12, 2007 New Jersey
    Trader

Beer enjoyment with Coors Light? The anti-beer? I don't know about that.

6. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I like that first pour off a keg of homebrew. Then I know I've got a tasty few weeks ahead of me.

7. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (1,212) Aug 12, 2007 New Jersey
    Trader

A great beer moment came some years ago when my nephew and I cracked open a 22 oz. Rogue Santa's Private Reserve Ale around Christmas time. We each took a quaff and both both went WOWWWWWW!!! With each additional quaff it was the same great taste and reaction till the last drop. When done I just wish we had another bottle or two. We had others to try. But that was a VERY hoppy occasion.

8. LieutenantDan

LieutenantDan Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2012 Texas

The ahh yes moment for me? when im at the bar and a beautiful woman accepts the beer i sent her (such as blanche de bruxells with a splash of fruli, snake bite, or a midas touch) and comes up to me after the first sip and asks me where i have been all her life.

9. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

One of my favorite "ahhh moments" with beer has to do with when my wife delivered our baby boy last March. My wife was in labor for 40 hours! Now, I am not even going to attempt to pretend like I was overwhelmed, frustrated or exhausted during those 40 hours, as anything I experienced was nowhere near what my wife was going through. Nevertheless, watching her get broken in half every 5 minutes for 40 hours, was not fun. I have never been so exhausted from doing next to nothing. In any event all ended well. Our son was born on a Saturday. On the Sunday our friends came to visit us in the hospital. They are beer geeks too. My buddy snuck in a sixer of Sam Adams Noble Pils, one of my all time favorites. We drank it out of styrofoam cups that were there for me to fetch ice for my wife whilst in delivery.

While my wife was the one who truly deserved the beer, she was in no condition to drink. So I had to celebrate for the both, uh scratch that, for the three of us! That first sip, of one of my favorite beers, after such a monumental day, was an "ahhhhhhhh moment!"

My wife, the ever-obssesed IPA lover, was rewarded with Pliny and Heady when she was ready to enjoy beer again. I can't speak for her, but she looked like she was having an "ahhhh moment" herself.

10. SteelCity75

SteelCity75 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut

I just had a really "ahhhh." moment, one that I wasn't expecting. I opened a bottle of Southern Tier Phin and Matt's, and I just wasn't a fan of it. Something about the aftertaste that stuck in my mouth just wasn't very good to me. I wanted something else, and I just bought a case of Budweiser because I'm throwing a party this weekend and I figured it'd be good to have some BMC stuff here. I grabbed one of those, just because I didn't want to open one of my other good beers that I've got in my fridge. The wateriness and the lightness of Budweiser was somehow (I know I'll probably get banned from this website for saying this) refreshing.

11. DHS1029

DHS1029 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Illinois

I
    I had that feeling last night while enjoying an exceptional bomber of FFF's Dreadnaught. Sitting on the couch in my comfy clothes while catching up on some TV shows, just me and my beer. Total satisfaction :slight_smile:

creepinjeeper likes this.
  12. kingofhop

kingofhop Initiate (0) May 9, 2010 Oklahoma
    In Memoriam

My late Dad used to tell me that I said "ahhh" when he gave me my first sip of bock, when I was 2 yrs old, in Badtolz, Germany. My Mama said I just had gas.

frazbri likes this.
  13. OregonGrown7

OregonGrown7 Savant (1,217) Nov 2, 2012 Oregon

I definately know what you mean. You see, I'm a nuclear space surgeon/chemist, and I just finished my discovery of practical fusion energy, and I identified the gene sequences resposible for all cancer, and cured it. It was after this typical day that I sat down with a Ghostrider IPA (Wasatch). I wasn't expecting to be surprised, but after examining the carbonation bubbles for an hour, I took my first sip, and was instantly transported to an alternate universe. A beer universe. I'm gonna stop here.

14. afrokaze

afrokaze Pooh-Bah (1,933) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

The first Pliny I had was one of those moments, definitely. And getting to tap our first keg of it at the bar I work at last night for my birthday was another one I'll never forget!

15. Sixam2

Sixam2 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2013 Washington

12 hours in the back country climbing 2,000' of vertical, with skis, back pack, AVY gear, and friends... Yea, I'll say a can or 3 of Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale does the trick for me... Is it a craving, or just an appreciation for a really good beer over looking the icicle river ?

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  16. Brunite

Brunite Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2009 Illinois

I will be having one of these "moments" this evening after the Blackhawks make hockey history. I'll likely be doing it with some BCBS, Hopslam, or Abt12.....depending on what my tastes dictate at the time.

johnyb, DHS1029 and mecummins like this.
  17. Rion

Rion Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2013 North Carolina

After a long day of dealing with people at work and I open a sucks. Theres nothing better.

18. dachshunddude86

dachshunddude86 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 Florida

I can picture it now.

When I walk in she is already sitting there on the counter waiting for me, beads of swear dripping down her neck. It's been a long day at work, but none of that matters now. All it takes is a quick flick of my wrist and she is topless. Her mouth exhales and a lovely perfume fills the air. I gently hold her by the neck and bring her to horizontal. I make sure not to push her down too fast, but there it is, a slight gurgling sound as the head finally comes into fruition. Now I'm lowering my head all the while breathing deep through my nose, consuming her full aroma. As I take her into my mouth I'm brought to a distant land far from work and chores. Her taste washes away all the troubles of the day. After I'm done I wipe my top lip with the back of my hand and whisper her name "ahh, Anna. Your father Shaun did a good job with you"

I think I'll call it 50 shades of grain :stuck_out_tongue:

19. MontereyBay831

MontereyBay831 Zealot (610) Dec 15, 2012 California
    Trader

This.....

This is the dream. Cheers.

20. chcfan

chcfan Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2008 California

And to think we had tons of places like this across the US before the Prohibition. IMO the biggest beer casualty of it.*

*I'm not trying to compare the US ones to German ones since you'd have to be over 100 to actually have drank at both, but just imagine how awesome it would be to have beer gardens all over the place!

Giovannilucano and herrburgess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.