The 8th Annual Woodshop Tasting

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by cquiroga, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewone

drewone Meyvn (1,379) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Drink plenty of water,
    Don't be afraid to dump,
    Don't take every single beer offered to you,
    You don't have to drink the whole beer in the glass that is given to you
    Pace yourself
    The beers on tap are worth the price of the ticket, share them with others so you can still bottle share

These are notes to myself

2. the_trystero

the_trystero Disciple (361) Mar 19, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I'm in the same boat and was going to bring a Love Child #3 but am bringing a Panil Barrique and something else, still not sure what.

I was planning on getting there early but of all Fridays I'm stuck at work the night before my 1st Woodshop, who knows when I'll get out of here and when I'll get up.

3. beersohard

beersohard Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I've got coming:

2009 Cable Car
    T25
    And a couple SARA surprises :)

4. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Aspirant (206) Apr 30, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I want to find your table, I've been trying to trade for Cask 200 for awhile now and striking out.

5. Siggy125

Siggy125 Devotee (453) Nov 10, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

2011 MOAS
    512 Whiskey BA Double Pecan
    Hardywood Bourbon Sidamo

6. GRG1313

GRG1313 Poo-Bah (3,471) Jan 15, 2009 California
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Getting there around 11:00-11:30 with a 3ltr of 2010 50/50 Rittenhouse Rye plus a few ticks. Please save me a small taste of the Funky Buddha Berliner and Atrial and I'll be your best friend forever!

queens1130 likes this.
  7. Siggy125

Beer Trader

Anxious to try the 50/50 RR if we connect. Hey does a Harlan Estate count as a sour?

8. t0rin0

t0rin0 Poo-Bah (2,315) Dec 30, 2006 California

Careful what you say about Harlan, Bob. And because I know you like your sours so much

[​IMG]

Not sure if hoppymeal (Derek) is on this site at all anymore but you guys can thank him for that bottle of Sobre Humano (he sent it for RBSG last year and it never got opened).

Siggy125 likes this.
  9. TheJollyHop

TheJollyHop Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2009 California

I'll be bringing the Firestone 14th

10. jmgrub

jmgrub Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2010 California

So that was unreal as usual.

11. the_trystero

Beer Trader

I thought I already posted but I guess not. THAT WAS AMAZING! Finished with a bunch of killer big beers and happy someone drove me home. My bicycle is still locked up somewhere on York.

12. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (522) Jul 9, 2010 California

Dat Mission Impechable. Once again an amazing event. Cheers to Chris and all the people we got to share beers with today

queens1130 likes this.
  13. drewone

drewone Meyvn (1,379) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Great event! Chris, thanks for putting it together.

Could someone post the mystery IPA's?

14. Sebowski

Sebowski Initiate (122) Jan 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I know I'm going to sound like a hater, but I just don't get this stuff. Having 2ozs or less of beer is not enough to appreciate/really taste a beer. I real don't understand these mega shares. So many sip and ticks. What is the point? Your palate hasn't even had a chance to adjust to the new flavor before you move on. And that's, like, science, yo.

15. Sebowski

Sebowski Initiate (122) Jan 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

This is what I'm talking about. So....

"Don't be afraid to dump"
    - just judge the beer by your first sip and move on. Doesn't matter what your pre conconcieved notions are or what you just had beofe it, or even if it coats your entire tongue. If it doesn't jump out at you 1,000%, just dump it.

"Don't take every single beer offered to you"
    -If you've had it before, what's the point?

"You don't have to drink the whole beer in the glass that is given to you"
    -See "Don't be afraid to dump"

"Pace yourself"
    -Never drink more than a couple ozs of anything.

I'm sure it was an awesome party and everyone had a great time. Good for that... I just don't get it. It's beer, people. Drink it.

16. cquiroga

cquiroga Initiate (166) Oct 14, 2004 California

Oh, by the way, Mr. Sebowski, you could have as much as you'd like of any of the 16 beers served on tap at the event.

17. Goldstar81

Goldstar81 Initiate (127) Jul 15, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Wow super fun event. Definitely my favorite of the year. So many great beers, got pours of Blabaer, Cable Car Kriek, LP Geuze, Utopias and bunch more. Thanks for everyone being super generous. Loved the homebrews too-some interesting things going on right now. The draft choices were great as well. Really enjoyed Lazy Susan from Highland Park Brewing Company-a great peach Berliner-expecting big things from them. Grey Monday was wayyyyyy better this year than last year. I could barely taste hazelnuts last year but this year they really nailed it. The infusion table was really fun-the Speedway with toasted coconut was a winner. I think the food should have been done with tickets so everyone at least gets some before people go up for seconds. I know some people that missed out. All in all fun times. Thanks for putting this together Chris!

18. cquiroga

#1 - Beachwood Thrillseeker IPA
    #2 - Beachwood Hop Jitsu IPA
    #3 - Chris Banker's Hop Sandwich Double IPA
    #4 - Kelsey McNair's Dryden Double IPA

Thrillseeker beat out Hop Sandwich by a single vote for favorite of the day.

tyrsis, ryno09 and gregmoscetti like this.
  19. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (229) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Sick event! Thanks to everyone for the generosity! Chris, great job putting it together as always!

20. Wowcoolman

Wowcoolman Crusader (788) Sep 25, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I thought this event was all about generosity and sharing, but maybe Mr Sebowski is planning an event where folks get together and keep everything to themselves.
    For everyone at the event - thank for showing such great generosity and passion. I feel privileged to try everything I got to try, including the taps as well. Thanks Chris for organizing!

21. iluvBA4life

iluvBA4life Initiate (64) Jan 18, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Simply incredible event. I came two hours late, the five hours I was there flew by in an instant. Hopperazzi Raspberry Tarte was the winner of the day for me. And BBQ by Mr. Bubbler was fucken money.

22. gregmoscetti

gregmoscetti Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2009 California

Great event, Chris. First class

23. Siggy125

Beer Trader

I didn't see this as a problem. The only time pours got skimpy were when a particular bottle ran low and the sharer was doing his best to spread the love. The alternative would be not come and have nothing. Worse result in my book. No complaining here.

24. ryno09

ryno09 Initiate (173) May 1, 2010 California

Wow, that was awesome. Had a great time. Thanks Chris!

25. Kua808

Kua808 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2013 California

I had an amazing time yesterday. Thank you Chris for organizing a great event!! And thank you to all the beer advocates/friends that I had the pleasure of sharing brews and hanging out with for a few hours.

26. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (12,113) Mar 18, 2010 California

Great times. I think I enjoyed this year's event more than last year, which was hard to do.

GRG1313 likes this.
  27. GRG1313

GRG1313 Poo-Bah (3,471) Jan 15, 2009 California
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Every year one of the best beer events.....anywhere! Period. End of story.

thome50, queens1130, Destral and 4 others like this.
  28. jmgrub

jmgrub Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2010 California

To echo everyone else, much thanks to Chris for organizing another slammin' event. It just doesn't get better. Thanks also to everyone for their generosity!

MayorsAssistant likes this.
  29. yeedog

yeedog Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I had a great time thanks to Chris for organizing it all. Did t-shirts ever get handed out, I totally forgot about it on my way out.

Sorry to anybody I said I would meet and never found you.

30. queens1130

queens1130 Initiate (109) Nov 21, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

As a Woodshop first-timer that was AH-MAZING! Huge thanks to Chris for setting up a killer event & super thanks to everyone for their generosity & coming together is what was a most EPIC time, cheers!!

31. errantnight

errantnight Meyvn (1,070) Jul 7, 2005 Iowa
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Just drink until your wasted! Drink until you're blotto, blacked out, driving home and running over pedestrians! It's beer, people! If it's in your glass, you FUCKING DRINK IT.

Or, y'know, when inundated by too much of a good thing, you could pace yourself, drink responsibly, and concentrate on appreciating the things you like the best instead of just consuming alcohol because it's in a glass in front of you.

MayorsAssistant likes this.
  32. errantnight

errantnight Meyvn (1,070) Jul 7, 2005 Iowa
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I can't even take myself seriously when there's that abominable "your" just sitting there, staring at me.

33. cquiroga

Really, I thought you were just "in character" there....

34. ryno09

ryno09 Initiate (173) May 1, 2010 California

d)

nanobrew and Sebowski like this.
  35. the_trystero

Beer Trader

What was the Pils on tap outside?

36. getkrunkhoe

getkrunkhoe Initiate (0) May 20, 2007 California

Man I miss woODshop. It's beEN years.

37. mrbubbler

mrbubbler Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2008 California

The LEGEND lives!

SP23 and nanobrew like this.
  38. wethorseblanket

wethorseblanket Poo-Bah (2,467) Dec 12, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

wHAo, anD LAdy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.