The Alchemist (November/December 2018)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

The brewery is open in Stowe:

https://alchemistbeer.com/

Where is it?

Our Brewery and Visitors Center is located at
    100 Cottage Club Rd in Stowe, VT.
    Stop by for a taster, beer to take home or some schwag.

When is it open?

DAYS & HOURS
    Tuesday – Saturday
    11AM – 7PM

What's for sale *now* (this is updated daily):

https://alchemistbeer.com/

Other more generic info:

https://www.facebook.com/alchemistbeer

https://twitter.com/alchemistbeer

Q: Will there be a restaurant?
    A: No. We will not serve food or full pints of beer. However, there is a lot of great food and drink near us. Feel free to ask the staff for recommendations. There are food links on the brewery page (scroll down). Use the first link on the top of this post.

Check out this link:

http://www.gostowe.com/dining

Also, not listed in the guide above is Doc Ponds, for food and drink:

https://www.docponds.com/

Q: What will you sell?
    A: We will sell sample glasses of beer to taste, merchandise and packaged beer to go.

Q: What kind of beer will you sell?
    A: We will have 2 year round beers that are available every day for sale— Heady Topper and Focal Banger. Other beers will rotate throughout the year. John will be bringing back many favorites from the pub days. When these beers are ready for sale, they will simply show up in our retail cooler. We will not be promoting or ticketing any limited releases.

Q: Will there be limits on beer purchases?
    A: Yes. We are trying to accomplish 2 things with our daily allocations. We want to spread our beer out as much as possible. We also want to make sure our customers and beer enthusiasts can purchase enough beer so that the visit is worthwhile. When we open this summer we will start out with the following purchase limits per person: 1 case of Focal Banger and 1 mixed case of Heady Topper and current specialty (to be announced at opening). Of course, 4-packs can be sold singly, but only up to 3 four-packs of Heady and specialty per person.

Q: How much will beer cost?
    A: 16 ounce cans are $12.50/4 pack or $75/case plus tax and deposit. All canned specialties will be sold at this price.

Q: Will you still distribute your beer?
    A: We will continue to distribute Heady Topper (VT only) but not Focal Banger. We will pull back about 30% of our distribution so that we can have daily Heady Topper allocations in Stowe. All bars, restaurants and stores that currently carry Heady Topper will continue to do so. Our larger retail accounts will be pulled back more than smaller accounts. It is our belief that lines will diminish at these stores when our retail shop is open in Stowe. We hope that it becomes simpler for locals to buy a 4-pack at their local store.

Full credit to @F2brewers who posted the above back in July.

** Try not to arrive before 10:00 am. This causes an unnecessary line and traffic for the parking lot and creates trouble with The Alchemist's neighbors and the town. Thank you. **

Q:
    Should I come early?
    A: We have a lot of beer to sell. It is not necessary to line up prior to our opening at 11am each day. If you visit us later in the day you should still have no problem leaving The Alchemist with beer. Please help us keep our neighbors happy and our parking lot manageable by visiting us throughout the day.

Q: Will you run out of beer?
    A: We hope not. We are starting out with a limit of 1 mixed case so that we can spread our beer out as much as possible, but still make it worth a trip for beer. If we do run out of mixed cases later in the day, we will have plenty more Focal Banger to sell.

Q:
    How do I know what is available for sale each day?
    A: You may visit our website to see what is for sale each day and the 4-pack limit for each beer.

Q:
    Are samples available?
    A: Yes—we will have 2 ounce samples available for tasting.

Q:
    May I drink beer outside on your beautiful lawn?
    A: Sorry, no. This is illegal. However, we have plans to create an outdoor area for sampling beer in the very near future.

Q:
    Do you have tours available?
    A: No. However, our viewing area is in the brewery, right next to our canning line. We have lots of educational information and educated staff.

Q:
    May I bring my tour bus?
    A: Sorry, no.

Q: Is my dog allowed?
    A: Well behaved dogs are allowed inside of the building.

We open our parking lot at 10 AM. Please do not arrive before that time. Parking on Cottage Club Rd is prohibited. Parking on the street causes issues with our neighbors. RV & trailer parking is allowed only after 4 PM. Please help us maximize our parking spaces.

We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Stowe!

2. Mjmoney23

Mjmoney23 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2017 Connecticut

I'm hoping Holy Moley is released again soon. Im going up next weekend and would love to try it

3. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Poo-Bah (1,844) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

4. larryrestuccia

larryrestuccia Initiate (132) Nov 24, 2008 New Hampshire

Was thinking of heading on Friday. Are they open regular hours on Friday do you think?

5. MattOC

MattOC Defender (645) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

They are open 11:00 to 7:00 on Friday.

6. SmittyinUpstate

SmittyinUpstate Initiate (51) Aug 27, 2015 Arizona

BA Luscious, yes, please!

7. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut

It’s hard for me to get up to Vermont but I had a can of Luscious tossed in as an extra for a trade and holy crap was it delicious.

8. ajthegreat

ajthegreat Initiate (163) Nov 11, 2010 Vermont

Luscious is lights out. An absolute world class imperial stout for $12.50 for 64 oz. of cans.

9. Resuin

Resuin Meyvn (1,338) Jun 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

#tbt to that time I drank luscious while watching Kimmich’s video on luscious.

[​IMG]

Sheppard, bsullivan and Chuckdiesel24 like this.
  10. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (544) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Hope you used lotion!

I've never had an Alchemist stout. Will be up that way for New Years, hoping to try one then.

11. Chuckdiesel24

Society Trader

Luscious is awesome for sure. Much better than Beelzebub or Pappy's Porter. I have one waiting for me from a generous friend who was up there recently.

msiegel04 likes this.
  12. midegrou

midegrou Initiate (79) Dec 14, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Agreed about Luscious. I was expecting another one of these super hoppy dark beers that Kimmich makes, but it was so succulent and flavorful.

Was also blown away by Dark. Really wish I had grabbed more of each.

Davl22 and Chuckdiesel24 like this.
  13. dogdrule

dogdrule Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2018 Massachusetts

Beelzebub is a black IPA and I'm prepared to die on that hill.

Luscious however is incredible and I'm psyched to have picked up a 4 pack and two bottles of BA

14. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (256) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Note that Luscious has had "British-Style Imperial Stout" on the label for several vintages. That signifies a classic, low-hopped version to me. I believe Beelzebub says "American-style" or something that denotes hoppiness.

Davl22 and soheadyithurts like this.
  15. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut

Correct per the cans I had of both as well. Agree with prior poster that Beezlebub reminds me some of a black IPA. Both tasty. But that Luscious.

lic217 likes this.
  16. Chuckdiesel24

Society Trader

Do you guys know if BA Luscious is sold out? It's not listed on their website but I'm not sure if it ever was.

17. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,051) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Had a good amount left at 4:30ish, but I think it was listed on website this morning when I checked.

18. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,051) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

It’s still on website under all cans, 2 per person

Chuckdiesel24 likes this.
  19. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 Canada (QC)

Anyone know if BA Luscious is still available?

20. juliolugo

juliolugo Initiate (92) Jun 22, 2015 Massachusetts

Jerk_Store and jhavs like this.
  21. lovindahops

lovindahops Meyvn (1,028) Mar 26, 2010 New York

Hi quick question on Saturday’s opening time. Is it right at 11am? Or do they open the doors a lil earlier? Trying to time things up with getting right up to the Northern Kingdom by noon. Cheers!

22. vtcraft

vtcraft Initiate (186) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

You can easily get in and out in 15min so no need to worry about get their before 11

lovindahops likes this.
  23. lovindahops

lovindahops Meyvn (1,028) Mar 26, 2010 New York

Thank you!

24. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (256) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

They posted more for sale today.

Jerk_Store likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.