Scandinavia The Best Brewery In Finland...?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ThatDarnSteve, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatDarnSteve

ThatDarnSteve Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 Finland

Hey guys! I'm Steve, and this is my first forum-post. I've been living in Finland for 2 months (Fresh transplant from the American Pacific-Northwest)! Some of my favorite beers include Flyer's Pacemaker Porter, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Ninkasi Oatmeal Stout, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, and basically most American Strong Ale, porters and stouts. I've run into a HUGE absence of any type of ale, and an even larger lack of Porters and Stouts, since I moved to Finland! I feel like their beer scene is lacking, and am looking to try something with more substance than their watery lagers! Anyone know of any amazing Finnish breweries, or any places to buy craft beer in the Tampere/Nokia area?

2. womencantsail

womencantsail Poo-Bah (5,830) May 25, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

A quick search shows that Plevna, brewpub in Tampere, is probably your best bet.

Not breweries, but as far as bars go: Gastropub Tuulensuu also receives favorable reviews and seems to feature a number of imported beers. Olutravintola Konttori and Gastropub Nordic also seem worth a look.

3. mrbigpappa

mrbigpappa Initiate (193) Jul 9, 2013 Finland
    Beer Trader

Steve,
    I live in Lahti and go to Prisma to buy my beer.. They even carry one of my favorites Dark Island..

4. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Crusader (795) Jan 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

Hey guys, I'm going to Helsinki for a few days in October. Do you know of anywhere that I can find sahti? Also, any recommendations for brewpubs in Helsinki?

5. ThomasKoren

ThomasKoren Initiate (185) Jun 24, 2014 Finland

synebrechoff porter iv is a very good porter to try.
    available at most alkos.

plevna is good and i remember vaguely there being something of a good brewery in nokia as well

6. ThomasKoren

ThomasKoren Initiate (185) Jun 24, 2014 Finland

yea. Nokia panimo does kaisari beers. Decent ala and good darks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.