The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetastywort

thetastywort Jun 2, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Any hints on the allocation number! :D

2. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I just got an e-mail today saying that my order was being shipped. I was confused as I haven't placed an order recently. Checked the tracking number, it was the order that was delivered last weekend.

Kinks, this system has them.

3. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas Jul 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I got the same email last week about two hours after I picked my allocations up at the brewery.

4. drewone

drewone Sep 18, 2006 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I got that to, I assume that is a receipt letting you know your beers have been "shipped" (ie picked up) - as a way for them to keep track of who is picking up what and also lets you know in case you didn't just pick up your beers. I thought it was a good idea

5. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Dec 7, 2012 California

I got that "just shipped" the email for a transaction number matching the one for my two initiation tickets... Thinking it's just the system being wonky.

6. mattolesh

mattolesh Sep 30, 2007 California

Hey guys,

An email is automatically sent out when the order status is changed from 'new' to 'complete', and an email is automatically generated and sent out. This is mostly so that we have another check on our pickup processes. We'll be changing the wording on that email very shortly to be more clear.

Cheers,
    Matt

drewone, nanobrew and thedirtyname like this.
  7. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Excellent. I can't wait to see what form this takes. I'm glad to see that, as usual, the Bruery is listening to customer criticism and changing operations for the better. If only ever brewery were this responsive.

domtronzero likes this.
  8. Jaap

Jaap Sep 21, 2012 Washington
    Beer Trader

Latest email says Chocolate Rain is on the way next month!

stillmatic likes this.
  9. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Maybe this has been stated somewhere, but how many chocolate rain bottles should the reserve society be allowed to buy? Or do we not know until they're available?

10. rrryanc

rrryanc May 19, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Last year was one included and two to buy. They've increased every year, but with the addition of Hoarders, who knows?

11. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Last year it was 2 bottles on top of the one you get for free. With production ramping up, I wouldn't be surprised if it's increased to 3-4 depending on if it's also a Preservation Society beer for 2quarter.

12. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

If Preservation does get Chocolate Rain, I guess everyone I know will be buying a membership for that quarter.

Rau71 likes this.
  13. nanobrew

nanobrew Dec 31, 2008 California

I believe someone from the bruery commented earlier that preservation would not be getting CR.

14. MykelJH

MykelJH Aug 3, 2011 California

damn....

15. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Mar 3, 2011 Maryland
    Beer Trader

As they should not.

16. JasonFromLA

Agreed. It would make a mockery of Preservation as everyone rushed to join for one quarter, and some of us (like myself) had everyone they know sign up just for additional bottles.

17. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

ha. so what do you think 2quarter preservation will be, if not chocolate rain.

18. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Nov 17, 2012 California

Based on the initial flyer that basically listed the beers, but had Chocolate Rain listed, I'll assume the 3 beers this qtr will be a BA coffee Barleywine, Kumquat SitR, and Bois.

I'm most confident Bois being one of the beers for 2nd qtr.

19. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas Jul 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

How much was Chocolate Rain last year?

20. Corbet

Corbet Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

$40 without the RS discount, so like $37

21. usofar

usofar Dec 23, 2010 California

Patrick replied and said there was some internal confusion and that flier was incorrect. He said the *beers would be RS and HS only.

It's in the preservation society thread, but i can't figure out how to link it from my phone.

thedirtyname likes this.
  22. CAbeerCAbeerCA

Beer Trader

My bet is Bois ($30), A Sour (not Kumquat SitR) - maybe Tart of Darkness ($20), and some provisions beer ($10). That totals $60.

JasonFromLA and DovaliHops like this.
  23. JasonFromLA

This seems like a good combination.

24. MykelJH

MykelJH Aug 3, 2011 California

Damn no CR and no Ksitr....ehhhh I think ill pass

25. CAbeerCAbeerCA

Beer Trader

Both are society exclusives.

26. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Dec 10, 2010 California

The site actually says that Bois is a high possibility for Preservation:

27. CAbeerCAbeerCA

Beer Trader

The site agrees with me then.

28. domtronzero

domtronzero Aug 18, 2007 California

$34 after the 15% RS discount.

29. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

36.72 after sales tax gets factored in. I'd do shipping too, butigoandpickitupbro. :D

30. domtronzero

domtronzero Aug 18, 2007 California

$34.56 after tax for Hoarders. Can't wait until people start arguing the value for $4$.

abecall98 and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  31. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Makes you wonder, if The Bruery charged $5000 for a membership and then sold Chocolate Rain for $10/bottle (max:6) with said membership, would people ask for $10 as the $4$ value? :p

Callmecoon, domtronzero and pmarlowe like this.
  32. GRG1313

GRG1313 Jan 15, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Yes. (Along with a percentage contribution to membership relative to each bottle traded. How would that be?)

When was the last time anyone offered $4$ on any limited release, highly desireable bottle? Because I think most of us would be happy to go $4$ on Dark Lord, Dark Lord variations, Kate the Great, Hunaphu and Hunaphu variations, etc. etc. You get my point. (By the way, with the few people with whom I trade on a somewhat regular basis, I DO trade $4$ on everything, and so do they. There are people that do it, just not the majority, and I perfectly undertand that and I don't condemn a premium value for rarity).

33. Franch

Franch Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

there are no shortage of people who demand $4$ when trading for HF stuff which is extremely cheap. ($9-10 for shelf turds and no more than 15 for limited)

34. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

A good trading partner sends beer blindly with no thought of $4$ or anything other then crushing a doorstep.

35. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Oddly, my best trading partners came from an ISO I put up looking to trade BT $4$ for Midwest shelf turds. Most of my CR allocation is going their way and they don't even know it.

36. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Errr...why wouldn't they? Otherwise isn't the guy trading the HF outright profiting on said beer? Now, fair sharing of shipping costs in this case is another matter, but for beer I'd feel bad if somebody sent me a $30 bottle of beer and I only sent them a $10 one that is available pretty much all the time...

37. Quackus

Quackus Mar 28, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Define profiting in this instance.

If what you're referring to is a hypothetical world in which the only cost of beer acquisition is the retail cost of the beer and all of the benefit of beer acquisition consists of liquidation at the retail price of the beer, then, yes, I suppose that person would profit.

But that's a completely artificial way to look at the world.

It doesn't account for any of the myriad ancillary costs of acquiring HF beers, such as the time and expenses of actually going to northern VT. Not to say that there needs to be a formal acocutning of gas costs (which would be ridiculous), but there should be an underlying understanding that these are not ordinary shelf beers.

It doesn't account for the quality of the HF beers (which is extremley high) that the trader is presumably intending to drink, rather than sell and hoard his winnings.

It doesn't account for the rarity of the HF beers, which are quite limited (e.g., HF made far less (about 1/3) Twilight of the Idols, which is considered a "shelf HF", than CCB did Hunaphu's).

It doesn't account for the fact that the person holding the HF beers, rather than trying to "profit", may just really like HF beers and may be worried that he won't find that particular beer again, causing him to not want to give up the beer he has unless something he really wants is coming back.

Finally, it makes no allowance for a quantity (in bottles or dollars or whatever) for quality trade.

Please take your sanctimony elsewhere.

brystmar and Franch like this.
  38. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Sanctimony? The dude was just trying to make a point, which he did, quickly and cleanly. Quite the opposite of the typical sanctimonious statement, IMO.

39. Quackus

Quackus Mar 28, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Really trying to restrain myself here, as this is an argument that routinely drives me crzay, but here goes: the fact that he was articulately making a point (which he admittedly was) does not preclude his point from reeking of an aggressively self-serving and holier-than-thou attitude (making it sanctimonious).

Perhaps it's merely a pet peeve of mine, but the $4$ purists drive me nuts.

Callmecoon and Franch like this.
  40. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Obviously, since you choose to directly insult him, rather than just make your points and exit. Neither of you were exactly charting new ground, which is perhaps why people speaking on this increasingly tired subject are pissing off each other.

BTW, in my experience, a sanctimonious statement typically uses flowery language and too many words as the writer tries too hard to hammer home his point of view. Didn't see that in tbadiuk's comments.

DocBrewsky and domtronzero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe