Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Dec 7, 2012 California

I don't think we get bottles of Bois with the membership, just the chance to buy allocations.
  2. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Are you Hoarders? If so then it's the French Oak. Otherwise nothing.
  3. Waldomega

Waldomega Jan 15, 2013 Nevada

i wont be
  4. moonknight31

moonknight31 Aug 23, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

i get the impression that most people will not be maxing out
  5. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Nov 27, 2010 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

For me, maxing out on the Bois allocations will depend how they taste on May 9.
  6. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

I'm pretty excited about the allocations this time. I know I personally plan to buy at least half of the 863 bottles of Smoking Wood available!
  7. heatwaves

heatwaves Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I think their email was a little misleading. It's not actually "no limit". They have 100 cases left from 2012. They're offering those for sale until they're gone (... or they'll probably go back in the cellar if they don't sell out). I would seriously buy a few of these if it weren't for the fact that all the Bois variants are being offered as well.
  8. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I thought it was funny too, sort of last on the list with "if you're not broke enough after the above..."
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  9. KevSal

KevSal Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I'm really excited about these although pricy, this series of beers may be the best from the bruery. One of the best ba stong ales that hits big distro for sure. Just wish it was 10-15 bucks cheaper haha
    ehammond1 and nanobrew like this.
  10. Bay01

Bay01 Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Will Preservation get the Bourbon version or one of the others not going into distro?
  11. riko

riko Jan 18, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I will either buy zero or one brandy barrel variant. I like the beer but it's darn expensive and I still have Coton and Cuir bottles to get through.
  12. JosephThompson

JosephThompson Nov 29, 2011 New Jersey

Thank you. I am Hoarders. I only wrote "Bois(2)" in my checklist of what membership price got us and being away from home can't get to my more detailed listing of what we receive.
    thedirtyname likes this.
  13. nanobrew

nanobrew Dec 31, 2008 California

Bourbon, the others are RS and HS exclusives.
    mattolesh, sirtomtom and Bay01 like this.
  14. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

You won't have to wait that long. Bottles of Bois go on sale tomorrow. From a hoarder's e-mail on Friday:

Important Note: The Bourbon Barrel Aged version of Bois will see nationwide distribution and we will release it locally on May 1st at our Tasting Room. You may purchase this beer online as a convenience for those who live out of town and would like their beer shipped, or for those who prefer ordering everything at once. However, on-line purchases will not be ready to pick up until sometime after 5/17. If you would like bottles of Bourbon Barrel Aged Bois before then, please visit our Tasting Room beginning 5/1 where you can purchase bottles in person - your Society discount will still apply.

The new allocation I'm drooling in advance over is the Melange 8 with the Geisha coffee blend. Ingrediients sound great and there's always the bonus of getting hit with a depressant and a stimulant at the same time...
    domtronzero and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  15. pmarlowe

Beer Trader

Matt said that they'll be serving flights of all 4 variants at the tasting room on (tentatively) May 9.
    domtronzero and Vanlingleipa like this.
  16. salzar

salzar Dec 27, 2008 California

From the Bruery's twitter today, that doesnt sound right...
  17. m34josh

m34josh Oct 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Wow, that would really suck. The Reserve Society sign-up page still says Grey Monday* *= Exclusive (Hoarders, Reserve, and Preservation Society Members Only)

Subject to change of course, but I hope we don't get screwed again
  18. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I'm 99.9% certain GM will go to RS as well, probably 1 or 2 bottle limit with 2 or 4 to HS. Although I don't want to make excuses for them, I'm guessing not all the staff has laser-like focus on the in's and out's of all the differences between HS and RS. Sort of like going to the car dealership and the *salesperson* confusing the car he's pointing to (with hood open) having a V6 when the engine is an I4. He/They should know better but...
  19. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I would imagine that at least knowing the different tiers of their memberships societies should be the first thing they learn. Don't want to promise one something that wont be delivered on.
    JasonFromLA likes this.
  20. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

Disappointing if GM ends up being HS only, and disappointing that whoever is tweeting replies to questions like that is either misinformed about HS/RS, or is misinformed about tweeting statements like that without a more detailed, official explanation.
  21. PMR

PMR Mar 31, 2005 California

Hey All,

Grey Monday isn't just for Hoarders, it'll be an exclusive for Reserve Society and Hoarders Society. We have a new (and great) social media manager, but she's still learning all of the intricacies our madness around here.

The Bruery
  22. pmarlowe

Beer Trader

*puts pitchfork away*
  23. t8000shx

t8000shx Mar 2, 2004 New York
    Beer Trader

Lucky for her, everyone on BA tends to be exceedingly level-headed and rational about these sorts of things.
  24. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous May 29, 2010 California

Seriously, were we not so benevolent, she could face the horrors of angry posts made about her on some website she doesn't care about.
  25. sliks96

sliks96 Oct 15, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Any speculation on what the next allocations will be?
    Hoping for the blueberry sour.
    Rocket80 likes this.
  26. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aug 16, 2010 Nevada

It's bottled. I have no clue if it is ready.
    sliks96 and 3rdto1st like this.
  27. moonknight31

Beer Trader

i heard the english barleywine and the same beer with coffee added is part of the next allocation
  28. KevSal

KevSal Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be broke and have diabetes by the end of the year! But it will be a great year :D
    Here's to a sour next!
    After sampling sour in the rye with peaches this past weekend, that blueberry sour is sounding awefully delicious
  29. thatinvisibo

thatinvisibo Sep 5, 2005 California

30. moonknight31

Beer Trader

i have a feeling that will not be the mystery beer but i could be wrong
  31. salzar

salzar Dec 27, 2008 California

Kyle2k10 likes this.
  32. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Jul 14, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Justinsosmart likes this.
  33. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

Not a mystery beer. Pretty sure it's going to be a Preservation Series release, and that Q2 for Preservation Society will be:
    -- Saison Tonellerie
    -- Bois (bourbon)
    -- Ebony & Oak
  34. thatinvisibo

thatinvisibo Sep 5, 2005 California

I doubt it'd be a Preservation Series, since the label specifications doesn't say anything about that. I mostly just assumed it was a mystery beer because that's the only place it can really be slotted in their list of anticipated releases. But looking at last year's release list, it looks like there were quite a few that they hadn't mentioned. it's probably just a new beer that they didn't put down for one reason or another.
  35. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

A TBD barrel-aged stout was mentioned earlier by a Bruery employee (maybe Matt) that it would be part of the Q2 package. I was just making a guess.
  36. Bay01

Bay01 Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

I was thinking the same thing, I doubt he was referring to a different unnamed BA stout.
    drgarage likes this.
  37. sarge27

sarge27 Jun 9, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Surprised no one had posted anything yet about the facebook post earlier. These are a few of the beers I was looking forward to the most this year.

The next RS Sale is June 4-28 with pickups available starting 7/1. That means get ready to order Sour in the Rye with Kumquats, ($20, 6 pp), Beaugarde, our blueberry sour ($20, 5pp), Mash & Grind, our barrel aged barleywine with Portola coffee ($20, 2pp) and Mash, our barrel aged barleywine ($20, 2pp).

Has the blueberry sour or either of the barleywines made an appearance at any of the events yet or are these completely new to everyone?
  38. moonknight31

Beer Trader

i think they are all completely new
  39. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

It seems like just last month people were complaining about a lack of allocations...
    ridglens, blguillen and TheSevenDuffs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!