Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Dec 10, 2010 California

The current one is nice, makes me imagine Griffon Brux is a Stone collaboration:
    Though this one is a favorite of mine too:

2. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

You guys are going to get that page locked, and it'll be hilarious.

KaslD and domtronzero like this.
  3. DocBrewsky

DocBrewsky Sep 28, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Wow...just awesome, and wow.

On the bright side, RS member can have full pours at the tasting room this weekend...every cloud has a lining...??

4. PeterJ

PeterJ Dec 5, 2012 California

Knowing The Bruery, they will end up making good on this. Before everyone starts bitching and moaning, (well, too late for that now), remember last year a piece of merch didn't work out so everyone got a bottle of Grey Monday.

And besides that... It's just one beer. An undercarbed sour brown one. How many of you can honestly say that this is the beer that made you join RS?! Most of the people crying are the types that will order it the minute allocations start anyway. And, I can almost guarantee this years RS sour releases will be amazing. You can find other things to cry about.

domtronzero likes this.
  5. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous May 29, 2010 California

I hope the bruery gives you a discount on your membership for the reach around services you provide them. You could be the guy who answers their customer service line and exclaims "Give us your money and shut the hell up!"

6. PeterJ

PeterJ Dec 5, 2012 California

No, I paid the $695 plus tax. Sorry you're butt hurt about not getting more trade bait and sorry for trying to stay positive about a "situation" like this.

7. moonknight31

moonknight31 Aug 23, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

now that the time for HS members to buy has finished i wonder when/if it will be made available to RS members

8. Ynot2

Ynot2 Jul 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Give the hoarders another chance to buy up any remaining bottles, the commoners can buy Old Richland.

domtronzero and mrkrispy like this.
  9. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Jun 8, 2010 California

Sorry old chap just got released to us downtrodden fellows...

SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  10. crusian

crusian May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

FYI, up for sale now. 1100 bottles first come first serve. 2 for hoarders 1 for RS.

eyeenjoybeer and SkeeterBoganski like this.
  11. Franch

Franch Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

it's up now, y'all

TheSevenDuffs and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  12. camil1mj

camil1mj Oct 4, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Oddly enough though: email says it will be $15.99 and it is $16.99 in the store :(

Edit: the $16.99 should be the correct discount, but they should make sure to get it correct in their communication.

13. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 May 10, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

So these two are in addition to the two we were allowed to buy last week?

14. SkeeterBoganski

SkeeterBoganski Feb 25, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Their email a bit ago was awesome. To me, they take their customer service shit seriously and recognize, probably based on the debacle this thread has become, that the GB 'mess' was just that...unintentional, but something they are trying to remedy. I'm happy they made the bottles available to RS.

15. crusian

Beer Trader

I dont think so, I think it is 2 total, and those that didnt buy it last week still have time.

16. SkeeterBoganski

SkeeterBoganski Feb 25, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I'm guessing a typo. My math may be fuzzy, but 15% of 19.99 = 2.9985. It SHOULD be $16.99.

17. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 May 10, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

15% for RS, 20% for HS

18. riko

riko Jan 18, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

Now that it's available to the masses, I'm no longer interested in buying any.

19. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas Jul 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

20. mattolesh

mattolesh Sep 30, 2007 California

-Awesome, more for me ;)

No, sorry if that wasn't clear. HS had a week where they could purchase their max of 2 bottles. Now RS is able to purchase their max of 1 bottle.

Like usual, we'll have to screen the purchases to make sure there are no duplicate purchases. There's not going to be more than a few cases left over, so we are keeping a close eye on this one.

Cheers,
    Matt

21. evilc

evilc Jan 27, 2012 California

"The Southern California craft brewery "The Bruery" brewed a flat sour brown ale called Griffon Bruxellois. This was accomplished using techniques also employed by The Flat Abbey, a craft brewery in San Diego."

rofl

domtronzero and StarRaptor like this.
  22. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Nov 29, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

23. Rau71

Rau71 Dec 12, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I have no interest in this beer, I didn't join the RS in hopes of getting a GB, but I might buy one and send it as an extra just because it caused such an uproar.

KevSal, TheSevenDuffs and JustXBeer like this.
  24. jp7161

jp7161 Dec 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

That's the spirit!

25. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Is this the first time it has been brewed? Looks like there are no reviews on BA... ?

26. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Yep, first time.

27. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

So everyone is going crazy over a beer that no one has ever tried???? :) I guess I should be used to that around here...

sliverX likes this.
  28. crusian

Beer Trader

it was served on draft at some festival.

29. DocBrewsky

DocBrewsky Sep 28, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

So would anyone that has had it at a festival chime in here? I'm pretty curious, especially given all of the hullabaloo surrounding it as of late.

30. MuertosPorter

MuertosPorter Sep 2, 2010 California

It's been served multiple times in the Bruery Tasting room. It's a good beer, a lot of cherry and oak. I found it similar to The Wanderer, but slightly lighter. The bottles apparently are not carbonated well, as opposed to when it has been served on draft.

31. mattolesh

mattolesh Sep 30, 2007 California

It's currently on tap at the tasting room for RS members only.

There are a few ratings on RB for it.

32. kmatlack

kmatlack Mar 29, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I didn't have any problems with my reserve society membership until I read this thread.

This is how I feel now:

[​IMG]

SUBER likes this.
  33. moonknight31

moonknight31 Aug 23, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

is the peach sitr HS exclusive?

34. evilc

evilc Jan 27, 2012 California

Yes. You have to wear a monocle to get it.

sil1, KevSal, tbadiuk and 1 other person like this.
  35. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Pretty much this, though IIRC (I'm sure Matt can correct me of I'm wrong) it debuted at the barrel aged tastings the tail end of last year. The kegged version was pretty tasty and put this on my radar. Again, IIRC (memory is a little fuzzy from that night, but 10 tasters in 2 hours was a little aggressive for me) either Aaron or Joe told me it was the same base beer as otiose, but with cherries as the fruit addition.

36. salzar

salzar Dec 27, 2008 California

I believe it was at the Melenge 3 possibly in bottle, little fuzzy from both nights

37. tbadiuk

Beer Trader

Yep! It's the "Peach Sour Blend (Q2)" that was listed as one of the 4 exclusives. No idea if that means the "Q1" beer is being released in Q2, or if the entire ordering is being set in a T.B.A. fashion...

38. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Mar 3, 2011 Maryland
    Beer Trader

5 exclusives for the year.

39. tbadiuk

Beer Trader

Oh right! That extra barrel treatment thing for the anniv. beer, I forgot! :cool:

CAbeerCAbeerCA likes this.
  40. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Jul 12, 2012 California

so what do people think about 2013 younger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe