1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

The Bruery ISO:FT.... Still around?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by UNCCTDawg, Jan 30, 2013.

1. UNCCTDawg

UNCCTDawg Nov 30, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I know this one is retired, but is it still around or traded at all? Meaning, (I don't like these type of forums but here we go) what would it take to score one? Has anyone traded for an ISO:FT lately? If so, what did it take? I doubt I have the ammo, but I'd love to get one for a buddy of mine that loves sours...
  2. Hopsycho

Hopsycho Feb 5, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I think it was $25 a bottle and around 900-1,000 bottles if you add up between RS members & what was sold at CCB roughly.
  3. moonknight31

moonknight31 Aug 23, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

there still should be some around, i got two of them during the may anniversary celebration last year
  4. abecall98

abecall98 Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

Pretty much this. They taste very much the same, with Marron a little better. Did a side by side a while back.
  5. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

I'm not actually certain that they aren't the same beer.
    KevSal, Arbitrator and leschkie like this.
  6. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Jan 12, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Have to agree...MA was easily the best of the two and quite enjoyable... ISO:FT was a hot mess of a beer.
  7. UNCCTDawg

UNCCTDawg Nov 30, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

hmmm... didn't realize that MA was so close in taste. I have had ISO:FT before, but it looks like I may be looking for a MA and not a ISO:FT...
  8. AlexFields

AlexFields Dec 13, 2009 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

For what it's worth, if your gots are up to date, you easily have the ammo to trade for ISO:FT or Marron Acidifie. I have both and I'd trade either for some of the stuff on your gots.
  9. brewbetter

brewbetter Jun 2, 2012 Nauru

I still see MA and ISO:FT all the time for having such low bottle counts. They're popping up in trades and tastings all the time. Doesn't take that much to land them either.
  10. KevSal

KevSal Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

MA is one of my more favorite bruery beers and has actually been aging really well. we had it at a tasting a few weeks back and its still tasting pretty damn good.

the only grip about MA is it was actually quite expensive (at the time, seems to be there norm now) and was roughly 20-22. i found some for $18 but i also saw it for $25
  11. danoeltico

danoeltico Jul 14, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I traded for a ISO:FT not too long ago, traded a Hunahpu for it. Also got a Marron Acidife recently too so I'm planning on doing them side by side at some point!
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!