The Bruery to Michigan by the end of August, enjoy

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Holiday1072, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Aspirant (270) Jul 12, 2012 Utah
    Beer Trader

That's like asking if you like different vintages of BCBS. Different strokes for different folks. The only difference here is using the solera method.

Personal opinion though is that Fruet is drinking much better but both are incredible.

2. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,061) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Not even close IMO.

3. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (327) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Thanks, fellers. I look forward to cracking my Fruet and won't be truck chasin for Bois. Cheers!

4. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

I thought Bois is leaps and bounds better than Fruet personally.

founder26 likes this.
  5. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (327) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Well, that settles it. I will have to chase down a Bois and compare. :wink:

imfrommichigan likes this.
  6. founder26

founder26 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

after having fruet and bois side by side recently I couldn't tell much of a diff, bois was a bit boozier... that said im not sure I can pull the price tag and buy another, just too rich for my blood.

7. beercity_chris

beercity_chris Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 Michigan

Just got White Oak and Tart of Darkness at Red Wagon in Troy. They had Bois and Maple also, I think there was one or two others that they had as well. Seemed to have at least 5-7 bottles of each.

8. hubsluvsbeer

hubsluvsbeer Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2013 Michigan

there were about 10 at my local yesterday

9. wezzul

wezzul Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2009 Michigan

I have had Oude Tart three times this week, I can't get enough. So good.

Brianw508 likes this.
  10. Brianw508

Brianw508 Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

Oude tart will be tapped tonight at BoatWorks in macomb co if anyone's interested

11. BlackNote

BlackNote Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Since they aren't coming to the West side (yet), I picked up a bottle of Autumn Maple in Madison, WI. It was $10.99. What is it going for over on the East side?

12. Itoclown

Itoclown Aspirant (227) Jun 19, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I wish the east side didn't get any Artist Inspired IPA...

13. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Initiate (134) Dec 25, 2011 Michigan

Oak Cafe is tapping Bruery Oude Tart, Autumn Maple, Tart Of Darkness and Mischief tonight 9/4. They're also doing Stone Brewing Farkin Wheaton Woot Stout, R&R Coconut IPA and 17th anniversay Götterdämmerung IPA and Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Ovila Dubbel and Black IPA tonight as well... and the plan was to block everything but early 90s west coast rap on the jukebox :grinning:

14. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Typical Sparty attitude :wink:

kylelenk, MichPaul and BlackNote like this.
  15. Itoclown

Itoclown Aspirant (227) Jun 19, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

My pride!

rifle3 likes this.
  16. MgoJohnStamos

MgoJohnStamos Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2013 Michigan

anyone near Flint - Oliver T's had a few bottles of Bois on the shelves today.

17. rifle3

rifle3 Initiate (12) Jul 20, 2008 Michigan

Oude Tart was still on as of last night. Pleasant surprise and as good as I remember it!

18. Brianw508

Brianw508 Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

Thank you for coming in. We appreciate it. Sours are slow movers, but that's expected.

19. kylelenk

kylelenk Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Michigan

Any news on west michigan distro?

20. khoots28

khoots28 Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Michigan

I bet you don't complain when an 'allocated item' hits your shelves on Monday and other have to wait until Friday to get it. Its the luck of the draw sometimes and if you sold half of what Champanes or Holiday does you could have got it early as well. Plus Ashley helped get the Bruery here to MI, and sign w/ Rave .. could you imagine if they would have gone with Powers ? or hell ... Pettipren???

21. Holiday1072

Holiday1072 Initiate (158) Nov 18, 2008 Michigan

While I appreciate the props, I had no part in them coming to Michigan other than complaining on their Facebook page. :slight_smile:

22. brandonpeiffer

brandonpeiffer Initiate (133) Feb 23, 2011 Michigan

The truth of the matter is that allocated items from Rave (almost) always get released on Tuesday or Wednesday. So by far more times than not my store gets new products 4 or 5 days after everyone else. And I completely understand the reasoning behind why places like those get some preferential treatment. They are much larger accounts. But that is a big difference from allowing them to get it first and letting them have it exclusively for a few weeks. Which is what my point was. I am not sure why Powers, Petitpren, and Imperial get such a bad rep from everyone? I have mostly positive things to say about them. Can anyone explain?

23. Holiday1072

I have no problem with Imperial, and I don't deal with Petitpren in Oakland. My gripe against Powers until recently has been their inability, due to their new inventory and picking procedure (robot), to deliver beer correctly. I had nothing but problems for a solid 3 months with mispicks and incorrect out of stocks. ie. Mama's Yella Pils, which was in stock the entire time and I only just recently got it back on our shelves.

24. khoots28

khoots28 Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Michigan

Unfortunately this is not true. It might be what you hear from your rep, but quite honestly most products other than those set with hard release dates by the breweries, which Rave has no control over, and Rave follows what the breweries say on these items. Typically items that do not have hard release dates are released, assuming an allocated item etc, as quickly as they hit the warehouse and allocation numbers are determined. It might just be that your rep isn't as 'tuned in' to getting the products out asap like others are, and therefore you have to wait a week.

25. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Crusader (781) Sep 1, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Still not seeing any Bruery stuff in West Michigan, what gives?

26. Nick429255

Nick429255 Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2014 Michigan

I've seen White Oak, Tart of Darkness, Bois, Sour in the Rye, all in the Detroit market for months? Is this just being announced as a full rotation and now on taps? Am I missing something?

27. Holiday1072

As far as I know they are only distributing to the East side

This is an old thread

28. Nick429255

Nick429255 Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2014 Michigan

AHHHH! lol. My fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.