News The Cerveza Chronicle – How America Found Its Beach

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BeRightBock, Sep 14, 2018.

1. BeRightBock

BeRightBock Devotee (432) Apr 27, 2007 New York
    Premium Trader

The sensual allure of alcohol is tangled deep within us. For many Chicano and South and Central Americans, the first tastes of these forbidden beverages were taken from the likes of Corona, Modelo, and Tecate bottles. These brands not only represent a staple of the Mexican experience, but also a step in acceptance and integration by the American population of their southern neighbors.

https://chicanobeat.com/2018/09/14/the-cerveza-chronicle-how-america-found-its-beach/

2. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,314) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

What? :astonished: 50,000 liters = 426 US (beer) barrels! C'mon.

According to just one source (1903's 100 Years of Brewing), the oldest brewery in Mexico, Toluca, was brewing 80,000 bbl. a year. The then-largest, Cervecería Cuauhtémoc, had a capacity of 100k bbl./yr with a new 800 bbl./day brewhouse.

How do you write an article like that without mentioning that Cervecería Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma is owned by Heineken International and Grupo Modelo is owned Anheuser-Busch-InBev, with Constellation Brands owning the US rights to their primary brands brewing them in their own Mexican breweries?

3. BeRightBock

BeRightBock Devotee (432) Apr 27, 2007 New York
    Premium Trader

'Cause it doesn't fit the agenda? Honesty is overrated....

:grimacing:

4. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,556) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Premium Trader

Honestly because he built his article on other articles dating back to 2007. Also built it on top of other articles that were flawed/had flawed data. I guess being a reporter is aggregating other reporters stuff into new content.

5. rgordon

rgordon Champion (838) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

But pulque can reinvigorate a marriage. I knew I liked Anthony....I'm heading out into the cyclone to cop some pulque!