The current state of the Horse Brass Pub

Discussion in 'US - West' started by John_M, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derftron

derftron Devotee (443) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

Im not sure I agree. Little Dog, Lila, Ruth, Rose, Beerweek (even though its 8% abv, its pretty light and easy). Obviously his specialty is high ABV barrel aged, but i think his "light beers" are all pretty legit. He just doesnt have a rock solid regular (6-7%) IPA in his portfolio

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  2. ElmerTLee

ElmerTLee Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2015 Connecticut

Glad I read this when I was out there recently. Too many great beers at good prices at a lot of places to get screwed.

3. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,203) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

For those who care about such things... Am drinking a lovely glass of cask red seal ale at the Moon and Sixpence at this very moment. It's served a tad too cold for my liking, but at 6.50 for an imperial pint, I likely won't complain too much. Am tempted to add a lovely tumbler of Glenfarclas or Ardbeg to round things out a bit, but no good could come of that. My wife is an understanding woman, but that would be pushing my luck I think.

derkruk, NWer, Reidrover and 2 others like this.
  4. Larry_Butler

Larry_Butler Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2018

I'm not sure he's sounding that pretentious. I think he is being more proud of being a small Brewer or Brewmaster. Yes he is very forward in his speaking but I'm not sure that he is that far out of line. There are many Brewers small Brewer's that are just around the corner and just down the street, that could use the business and the beer maybe as good or even better then the overpriced yet very entertaining and more Elite type of establishment. I do feel for what he is saying at that point. My friends and many people that I know love to try new beers at least once but usually twice to make sure if they like it or not. We do frequent small establishments just to try their beer. We have seen people talked down to people or even the Brewer that they don't like their beer as much as another beer. I don't think any one of these smaller establishments are trying to copy another beer so much as getting their flavor correct and with me trying to remember that recipe even though I have written it down. LOL
    I apologize about the poor grammar and Hope you are not offended by my opinion.

5. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (9,809) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

?????????????

This is what I get for checking in just before bed time.

kemoarps likes this.
  6. kemoarps

kemoarps Poo-Bah (2,241) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

let that be a lesson to ya...

Never sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.